What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Bodyweight deadlift!!!!
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Mine is mental. I gave up alcohol for January to see if I would feel different. Keeping in mind this is someone who would drink every weekend, be hungover almost every Sunday, and enjoy wine during the week. Three weeks in, I love how I am feeling. I am more clear-headed, confident, and most of all, my anxiety is at an all-time low. The couple of lbs on the scale is just a bonus right now. I don't think I will ever give up alcohol entirely, but I will certainly remember this feeling any time I want to imbibe, especially during the week.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    I have taken up running at 43. I ran a mile in 11:27 and can now run a 5K without stopping and my fastest time is 37 minutes so far.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Several people finally noticing my weight loss suddenly.
  • agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    also, many of my jeans are now baggy
  • dindon68
    dindon68 Posts: 26 Member
    when we were on our works Christmas party, the new drama teacher called silence to the table because he had something to say, turned to me and said "you look stunning" I'm the school cook so he has only seen me in my apron and hat, but I have to say, I was dancing on air all night.
  • BeaBizzy
    BeaBizzy Posts: 25 Member
    I confidently removed all my backup fat clothes size 16-18 from the closet and am looking at relagating all the rest of my clothes size 14 to the same fate. I smell a great shopping day in the near future.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited January 2015
    I have started to attend the gym regularly again.
  • fit_at_fifty
    fit_at_fifty Posts: 56 Member
    going out in public to exercise without my long baggy top on to hide me. Leggings and new short exercise gear for me now :)
  • kmm0034
    kmm0034 Posts: 46 Member
    I made it all the way up the steep hill on campus without being out of breath. It's a good 3/4th of a mile all uphill.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Sumo squat 115 pounds! 4 x 8
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Arm rests up on the chairs at the dentist office. Yes!
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    I am wearing, comfortably, clothes that I was wearing at my previous lowest weight! I'm still a good 30 or so pounds above that weight at this point, but much, MUCH more fit.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Felt meh about a weight plateau I'd hit over the last few months, but took progress photos two nights ago and holy hannah! I don't see it when I look in the mirror, but the pictures don't lie.

Also, tried on two sizes of a bridesmaid's dress last weekend, and the only reason I can't wear the smaller size is because my shoulders are hulking out of the straps.
  • serenitymcc
    serenitymcc Posts: 30 Member
    I just spent 45 minutes shoveling snow *without* taking a break, gasping for air, thinking I might die. I even shoveled far more than necessary down the ally just because I was enjoying it so much! All of that after my morning exercise even :smiley:
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Looking at progress pics and seeing a big difference :D
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Squatting 205 for my stronglifts 5x5.
  • texasmom2013
    texasmom2013 Posts: 64 Member
    I was wearing a size 17 and now I can fit in my old size 15's. If at first you don't succeed try, try again.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Bodyweight deadlift!!!!

Awesome!

Run4Me2Day wrote: »
    I have taken up running at 43. I ran a mile in 11:27 and can now run a 5K without stopping and my fastest time is 37 minutes so far.

Good for you! I will be 45 this weekend, and just recently was able to run a 5k in a similar time. It's a great feeling to know you can do it!
    going out in public to exercise without my long baggy top on to hide me. Leggings and new short exercise gear for me now :)

It sounds like a shopping trip is in order! Exercise gear is my new addiction!
    Squatting 205 for my stronglifts 5x5.

You go girl!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!