What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    This week has been garbage loaded up with more garbage at work. Normally I would grab a pint of ice cream and loaf on my couch to take my mind off of everything. Instead when I get home from work tonight I'm going to prep more meals, clean, and pack my gym bag for a run tomorrow after work.
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm coming to realize that my life no longer revolves around food.

I don't sit there all day at work waiting until I can eat or grumbling about how hungry I am when I'm bored like I used to.

Instead, I start thinking about food when I actually feel hungry.

I feel like this is a huge step for me. My previous attempts at making lifestyle changes resulted in obsessing neurotically about what I'd eat next.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Mech9 wrote: »
    I'm coming to realize that my life no longer revolves around food.

I don't sit there all day at work waiting until I can eat or grumbling about how hungry I am when I'm bored like I used to.

Instead, I start thinking about food when I actually feel hungry.

I feel like this is a huge step for me. My previous attempts at making lifestyle changes resulted in obsessing neurotically about what I'd eat next.

I agree, that is a huge step and sounds a lot like me. You've got this!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    For the last two weeks, I've been suffering with horrible hormonal hunger and craving issues (birth control side effect... I'm waiting for it to go away!!), and while last week was pretty bad calorie wise--about 900 over maintenance for the week in total--this week I really buckled down, made sure to log plenty of high volume, low calorie foods (lots of salads, soups, and legumes!) and give myself a lot of snacks so I could eat throughout the day.

I've stayed within my calories ALL WEEK, and even better, avoided the temptation to "punish" myself for going over maintenance by eating too little this week. Double win! :) I count my weeks Monday to Monday (since MFP resets the week every Monday), and since it's Saturday evening here, I only have one more day before I can say this whole week was a win for me! :)
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Shoveled snow this morning.
    I couldn't last winter because I was recovering from open-heart surgery and absolutely forbidden.
  • priyaFitnessFreak
    priyaFitnessFreak Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I uploaded a new profile pic on What's app yesterday. Got a couple of messages from friends, who haven't seen me in the few weeks, saying that I look slim. :)
  • aburley
    aburley Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Jogged 8 miles for the first time in my life today!!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I went to open pole today and I was able to do a spin without even thinking about it. I just did it. It was amazing.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    aburley wrote: »
    Jogged 8 miles for the first time in my life today!!

I ran 8 miles today too! It wasn't my first time, but it was my fastest time.
  • Seraphina_Rowan
    Seraphina_Rowan Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm offically as of yesterday no longer classed as obese! My bmi is now 29.8 :smile: It started out at 45.9!
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Doing the Jillian Michaels video No More Trouble Zones... I can finally do the push up part w/o going on my knees. I can also fit into a pair of underwear that I bought about a month ago that were too small then.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    izu87 wrote: »
    Got really upset/mad this morning and my usual reaction is just to find food and stuff myself. I thought about going to the store for chocolate/cookies/something/anything, but the moment this thought passed through my mind, another came up "What for? Blow your calories out of anger? Not worth it." And instead just got over it, had a coffee and let it pass. It's a huge step for an emotional eater like me.

Way to go! The rest of us emotional eaters know how big of a victory that is.
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My newest NSV: In September I found a belt that I thought was mine. I tried to put it on and couldn't even get the ends to meet. I concluded that it was my 17 yo daughter's belt. I started working out and logging my food shortly thereafter. This week my wife put the belt that I thought was my daughter's out for me to wear. I told her that I didn't think it was my belt. She told me to try it on anyway. Not only was it mine, but I wore it on the third notch and could have gone 4!
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I lost some weight a couple years ago and bought three size small cute scrub tops for work. They were tight at the time but I thought I would keep losing and they would fit me soon. Happily(though unfortunately in weight loss terms), i got pregnant and gained 30 back through the pregnancy, but now I'm 45lbs down from there and the scrub tops fit now with a bit of wiggle room and I'm set to go back to work in two weeks! :)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I am able to eat bacon...finally.
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    From the pages of weirder of NSV's: I store my swiffer beside the fridge and have to stick my foot back there sometimes to grab the handle with my toes to fish it out...the other day my whole leg fit down the side with no problem and I was like...yay me!!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    After just hopping out of the shower, I noticed that my back fat rolls are GONE! weeeeeee
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just got hired to teach Aqua fitness at 2 city pools.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Busy day, stopped at McD's: quarter pounder, diet coke, side salad. Actually enjoyed the salad more than the burger. My taste buds seem to have changed to prefer vegetables over fast food.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!