Rock Star Weight Loss Challenge Week 2 (Already in Progress)

Options

Replies

• momofJandA
    momofJandA Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody!!
    I've been MIA the past 2 days. Damn ELA state testing- I had to grade the short response questions- which basically consisted of sitting in a chair for 8 hours reading 2000 paragraphs- it was worse than torture!!!!!!!!
    But . . . eating was pretty good (I actually think I was way below on calories because they fed us and I am a really PICKY eater so hardly ate).
    I am so glad to be back to my classroom and my routine- I am a creature of habit.

Can't wait to see how everyone did this week. Let's keep rocking it!!!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *GIANT SIGH*
    Ok, I finally finished inputting all of the weights, and now I have to format and re-formulate the charts. Thanks for your patients guys, I really appreciate the cooperation of everyone who's actively participating in this challenge with me.
    To the people who are not... I gotta say it's bumming me out. I"ve been scrambling for the last two days to try to squeeze making the charts into my schedule with my new job, and I finally enter in all the weights to find that only half of the challengers have weighed in. I really don't mind making the charts and tracking people's weights, but it's not fair to me or to the other participants to have people flake out on weigh-ins. No one will get mad if you don't lose or if you gain, but we (or at least I) will be annoyed if you don't check in at all. With that said, I'm gonna make a list of people who have never weighed in, message then individually and see if they need to be replaced. I don't mean to be harsh, but Team Foo(d) fighters only had 3 people weigh in... that's so not fair to those 3 people..
    Also, 1 team captain has asked to be replaced, so I'm gonna message the rest of them and make sure they're still ok to be captain. if you're interested in being a team captain please let me know. I promise it's not that hard.

Alright guys, back to work, I'll be back with the postings.
  • DJ31
    DJ31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... what song motivates me at the moment? I'm enjoying 30 Seconds to Mars lately. Yes, Jared Leto is super hot, but I didn't even know he was in the band until a couple of weeks ago when James performed one of their songs on American Idol.
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Yes come on Team Foo(d) Fighters! We have the work "fighters" in our name. Let's show them what we're made of!
  • mandijo
    Options
    On another note, does anyone watch The Voice? Anyone else totally blown away by Jerad Blake! He was awesome last night. Thatisall.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Rockstar Challenge TEAM DMB... Hey all, I just wanted to send a shout out to my TEAM DMB buddies. Seems like our little challenge gorup is dwendling. I hope each and everyone of you are keeping up with your goals, and commitments to be the best you(s) possible.

I will do better to stay focused on the thread and give even more inspiration to those who need it. If you are in the challenge and feel yourself lagging behind, let me know. Let's get pumped up, and back to work. I hope to see all my team mates back on the challenge thread soon, as well as the other teams.
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    *GIANT SIGH*
    Ok, I finally finished inputting all of the weights, and now I have to format and re-formulate the charts. Thanks for your patients guys, I really appreciate the cooperation of everyone who's actively participating in this challenge with me.
    To the people who are not... I gotta say it's bumming me out. I"ve been scrambling for the last two days to try to squeeze making the charts into my schedule with my new job, and I finally enter in all the weights to find that only half of the challengers have weighed in. I really don't mind making the charts and tracking people's weights, but it's not fair to me or to the other participants to have people flake out on weigh-ins. No one will get mad if you don't lose or if you gain, but we (or at least I) will be annoyed if you don't check in at all. With that said, I'm gonna make a list of people who have never weighed in, message then individually and see if they need to be replaced. I don't mean to be harsh, but Team Foo(d) fighters only had 3 people weigh in... that's so not fair to those 3 people..
    Also, 1 team captain has asked to be replaced, so I'm gonna message the rest of them and make sure they're still ok to be captain. if you're interested in being a team captain please let me know. I promise it's not that hard.

Alright guys, back to work, I'll be back with the postings.

I just wanted to say to LJ THANK YOU!!!!!!! :happy: I greatly appreciate you and all you are doing! I also wanted to say even though I am not commenting very much ( three kids all playing ball!!) I love reading and catching up on this thread!! I am so inspired by all of you and THANK YOU ALL for participating!!! It had helped me make the choice to leap and try the zig zag calorie thing to help me get off the plateau I have been on for a month! I really hope those who are not participating dont pass up this chance for support and inspiration, and if they do I hope we can find some good replacements...

Thank you all once again!!!!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Yes come on Team Foo(d) Fighters! We have the work "fighters" in our name. Let's show them what we're made of!

Yes, Team Foo(d) Fighters, lets show 'em what we are made of! We can do this.
  • mandijo
    Options
    Yes, LJ...we are super thankful you are doing this work. You are the epitome of rock star!
  • julslea
    Options
    Sending a huge thank you to LJ. You are the top dog rockstar!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    :explode:
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    :laugh:

OK.. somehow the below post, posted 4 times in a row.. whatever I guess I am not that technical... kinda an inside joke.. anyway.. i went back an edited thhe three duplicate posts and just threw some smiley faces in there so everyone didn't have to read the same post 4 times...

I think I need to turn in my Mircosoft card.... sigh...

Where are my lovlies today? :heart: missing my cheerleading team....
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    Ok.. there we go! Now we are getting some action on the thread. Keep it up people. That's what I like to see. Keep it coming.

2...4...6... 8... who do we appreciate?

this post is my best attempt to be a cheerleader

Let's get cocky B!t@hes! quote form the only cheerleading movie that is not a chick flick or girly movie... FU!
  • julslea
    Options
    Help needed please. I'm downloading some music to listen to when I start C25K tomorrow. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm not a pop music fan. So far i've got some metallica, godsmack, nickleback. What else is good running songs?

Thanks!
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scale 5.2 pounds lighter than last week's weigh in! Current weight is 294 even!!! Holy ****!! I can't believe it! smiley-excited001.gifsmiley-excited001.gifsmiley-excited001.gif

Wow! Congrats Ted!! :happy:

Hope everyone else is going well too! I know i've had a few off days of late, but am still burning up those cals, even if I do feel like going to bed instead~!! And I haven't been on the forums too much lately, there's just so much going on in life right now! BUT... i'm still in the challenge, good n proper! Bring it!!

Oh and a huge THANK YOU to LJSpady for all her hard work!!!

Yay! Let's go teams!!!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    HEY!! Sorry, I've been listening to the voices in my wife's head again... Those voices only seem to shut up when they have my big butt working at some project... Congrats to all of the active participants, you all motivate me to keep sweating and not stuffing my face. To LJSpady, you are indeed the Queen of all of the rockstars, thank you so much for your dedication to this motley bunch. You are my hero!!!!

Now, do we need to resume some of the trash talking? This thread was WAY more fun when we were busy flinging monkey crap at each other. (I mean that in the nicest possible way, BTW)

As for what I've been listening to? It's an eclectic mix, but it works for me. A sampling of the artists on my workout playlist includes: Green Day, Blink 182, The Transplants, Bowling For Soup, The Audition, Yellowcard, Journey, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Paramore, Black Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, No Doubt, Panic at The Disco, Rush, My Chemical Romance, Jimmy Eat World, Cheap Trick, Brooks & Dunn, Dwight Yoakam, All Time Low, and Anberlin. I have several hours of music on my iphone, so I don't hear too many repeats.

Let's Go Team DMB!! Kicking some *kitten* but not takin' names!!! Love you all!!!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options
    Hmmmm.... what to do... what to do....

Topics:

A five ounce migratory swallow cannot carry a one pound coconut.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters; harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Most people are like Slinkies, relatively useless, but fun to push down stairs.

When rearranged, "mother in law" spells "woman hitler."

Now, talk amongst yourselves. Discuss.

C'mon people... what do we have to do to wake you up?
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters; harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.
    damn i need to take this hamster out of my mouth now!
  • julslea
    Options
    Most people are like Slinkies, relatively useless, but fun to push down stairs.

I know several of these people I would love to push down the stairs. Can we just say ex-cowerkers!