How many days do you work out

Options
just wondering how many days a week does everyone work out?

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    4 usually. 2 weight lifting days and 2 cardio. Would like to bring it up to 3 cardio. Usually 30 min each time
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    4 or 5. 4 days lifting and I might go in on the 5th for 30 minutes of cardio. Or I might not because I hate it.
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    3x, lifting. No cardio.
  • FromAshes2Beast
    FromAshes2Beast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Usually 5-6 days a week. 3 weights, 2-3 cardio/abs days.
  • nicnz
    nicnz Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Usually at the gym 6 times/wk: 4x core/strength classes & 4 cardio classes. ( I Combine both on a couple days)
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    5x weights
    1x cardio (30/45 minutes)
    2x abs
  • Lgabrjolek
    Lgabrjolek Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. Monday: Shoulders + Triceps / Tuesday: Legs / Wednesday: Cardio + Abs / Thursday: Chest + Biceps / Friday: Back / Saturday: Cardio + Abs / Sunday: Food prep + Day off
  • lulufee317537
    lulufee317537 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    5 or 6 days a week: Mon, Wed, Fri is karate training, then Tue/Sat is weightlifting (full body) with 2 mile run, and lastly Thursday is 4 mile run.
  • weightliftingbarbie
    weightliftingbarbie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    6 days weight training
    :)
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Most days. I have to make myself take a rest day because I want to keep at it. I still get some walking in on days off but I try not to push it.

I vary what I do also. I strength train 2 or 3 times a week depending on how my muscles are feeling. I don't want to get hurt. I do cardio most days of different types and intensity to keep it interesting.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Four. Three days running. One day yoga. Sometimes I add a Power or a Step class. One full rest day. Cardio junkie.
  • LessofPenny
    LessofPenny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was born with a lot of muscle tone and then given my job....I have developed even more so I do not want any more muscles. Cardio is my friend. I do it every day. At least 1 hour.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm not training for anything right now and I've dialed things down quite a bit due to the fact that I've basically driven myself into the ground for over the past 2.5 years.

Monday - AM walk the dog (3 miles); 30 minute jog

Tuesday - AM walk the dog (3 miles); PM lifting

Wednesday - AM walk the dog; Afternoon 15 - 20 mile ride or rest depending on how I'm feeling. Also, this is my flex day if I have something going on I can switch out with Friday as my REST day.

Thursday - AM walk the dog (3 miles); PM lifting

Friday - REST

Saturday - AM lifting (ride to and from 16 miles round trip); general activity (i.e. hiking with the family, family bike ride, etc, etc; walk the dog

Sunday - Open (sometimes a long ride, sometimes just general activity with the family, etc); walk the dog

I've been going pretty hard for a long time now and recently have been having some recovery issues as well as some chronic injury issues and general fatigue. I had a vacation a few weeks ago and it gave me some time to think about some stuff that my coach and I have been talking about...namely dialing it down when I'm not actively training for an event.

I've been taking this much more relaxed approach for the past few weeks and I'm feeling great...I've actually lost a few stubborn pounds (not that I really need to lose much weight), my chronic tendinitis issues have dissipated, I have more energy, and I'm sleeping really well.

Slowly but surely I'm learning that moderation in all things is a good thing...I don't need to be balls out all of the time. I'm also really enjoying spending active time with my family and taking bike rides to the zoo, hiking, etc instead of going out and making sure I get my tempo ride in or whatever...it's fun.

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    All of them. :D

3-4 are formal gym sessions (weight work), the rest sports to varying degrees. Can get a bit crazy on some days eg tennis, dodgeball and weights on the same day.
  • angielisa75
    angielisa75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    6 Days a week. I mix it up with Running, walking, Insanity, Jillian Michaels and yoga
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    At the moment EVERYDAY, but then I made a pact that I would do 6 x week for this year and I enjoy it and feel fantastic. I do however mix it up between, weights, strength, circuits, cycling, running and yoga to give certain muscles times for repair and recovery. I also warm up before every session and stretch after.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    3-4 elliptical mostly
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I was running 5-6 a week but nursing a injury =( so gym 6 days a week. Elliptical, stairmill, and bike. I also walk my dogs 2-3 Times a day. Their slow though so 3.5 miles - 5 miles a day
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    I walk or cycle or both every day.
  • mparketon
    mparketon Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5 days a week. 4 days spin, two days weight training (combine a day). Two days I am doing yoga at school with my students as well.