I love coffee and it makes calorie deficit living so much nicer.

Options

Replies

• DeannaLilly1
    DeannaLilly1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Give me the coffee....and no one gets hurt! lol LOVE c-o-f-f-e-e!
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    black coffee first thing in the morning before fasted cardio is awesome
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I drink it with 3 tablespoons of half and half (59 calories) and usually one big cup of that is my breakfast! I feel full, it's hot and warms me up and makes me feel like I'm starting my day. Sometimes I will hold my cup in my hands and just smell my coffee for a minute it makes me so happy! And the caffeine works as a GREAT appetite suppressant for me without trying to hard. NOT to mention keeping me, ahem, regular...
  • 00figg
    00figg Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    one 14-oz keurig cup with 2 tablespoons califia farms creamer (30 cals) in the morning with breakfast. occasionally a coffee shop treat during the day.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    Oh mannn do I love coffee. I could drink gallons of the stuff, don't mind me twitching around on the floor. It's twitching in happiness.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I drink it black as well- hot or iced. Sometimes I add sugar free flavors to it.
  • fthgrace
    fthgrace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have to have one cup of cold brew in the morning with milk and creamer. I won't do black, and I won't do sugar free...maybe one day :) 108 calories for breakfast isn't bad!
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    uvi5 wrote: »
    I love's my coffee. 3, 8 ounce cups start my day. I have been having 2 Tbs milk and 3 splendas in my coffee at 33 calories per cup, but I have noticed (out of splenda today) that I am enjoying my coffee black as well. Yes, it does help me get through until I need to fuel with food. Love, love, love it!

I have good news for you: you are over-logging this. A full cup (244 grams) of whole milk is 103-150 calories depending on the exact fat percent. Two tablespoons of milk is only 13-19 calories, not 33, and even less if you drink reduced fat milk like 1% or 2%. That's a bonus 50 calories per day for you!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Yesssss!

Being slightly overly caffeinated seems to help me stay in my calorie goal :)
  • alida1walsh
    alida1walsh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    One large flat white for me every morning! I would sometimes spend an hour scouring neighbourhoods on public holidays in search of an open cafe :p . I now have my own Nespresso machine. I love my coffee and my full cream milk. I just make it fit into my daily allowance.
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I must have 2 iced lattes every single day. I just must!!! I make them using unsweetened almond milk and no calorie flavorings so they are only 45 calories . Sometimes on the weekend I will fit in one from Starbucks. Now I can't wait until morning to have one.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I drink one small mug on the way to the gym with 2 servings of creamer and then another after lunch instead of having a dessert. When I'm not actively trying to lose weight I will drink another cup after the gym but to save on calories I drink a cup of green tea when I get to work instead. If I'm craving something sweet I would rather drink the 70 calories (2 servings of regular creamer) over 15 minutes instead of two bite sized pieces of candy that will be gone in less than a minute.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm a lucky girl in that my apartment office has a Starbucks coffee machine in it. I grab a cup most days before heading to class. The machine makes hot chocolate too, but I just watch my husband drink that. ;P
    I've learned that 2 teaspoons tastes the same as 1 tablespoon when it comes to half 'n half, so in the mornings I do like my warm cup of slightly creamed coffee.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it suppresses my appetite, but I do know that the first sip of my first cup of coffee in the morning is heaven!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    f81cs1guuzuy.jpg

I think coffee is great. It really helps me lose weight. I drink about four cups a day. I start the day with one or two cups (cups not giant mugs). I drink it as I eat breakfast. I often work out within 30 minutes of breakfast, but if I have to wait to workout I usually drink another before I exercise.

I usually have one with lunch and rarely another about 3:00 p.m. I drink it black. And I prefer to buy coffee and brew it, but I will take anything--office coffee, fast food place coffee, Starbucks/CBTL coffee. Whatever.

I think I am lucky I like the taste of coffee. But, if you are used to additions like milk and sweeteners I imagine you would be fine if you scrupulously include the calories.

I try to eat before I get super hungry and coffee helps take the edge off my hunger. How about you?

Coffee is soooooo good. In the morning I make a decaf mocha with my espresso machine. However, that's about all I can take with my GERD, and anytime I drink caffeinated coffee (or drink caffeinated drinks) I get heartburn. Too bad, because I love coffee, but it has to be with steamed milk.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Coffee was already my reason for leaving the house, if I walk my kids to the park in the morning, I get a small skinny latte. I only have the one, but I'm addicted, I'm out of sorts until I've had my caffeine fix. Any more puts me over into anxious territory. One. One beautiful warm coffee.
    Now I'm calorie counting it's my morning snack, and I'd cut anything to fit it in (luckily it fits in fine).
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I wake up around 9 every day, brew the coffee and get it cooling: 4 TBS of SF Italian Sweet Cream creamer in 20oz of cold coffee around 10:30 every morning. Keeps me from eating till around 2pm. Its awesome.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Mmm. I grind beans fresh every morning and then use my Aeropress for lovely black coffee, as is. In fact, I've just finished using my hand grinder to prepare today's beans while doing my Wii Fit Plus Free Step! Feeling virtuous ;)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee to keep everyone around me safe.