Do you have a goal NSV?

Options
I am curious - do you have a goal NSV?

For me, it's to be able to buy knee high boots and be able to zip them all the way up (hoping by Fall of 2015, I have hit this NSV). The other is for my wedding ring to be loose like it was when we married.

What is yours?

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My main one is to be able to fit into my size 12 Capri pants. I have about 20 lbs to go.

My next goal NSV is the knee high boots thing. ;)
  • Jenninscotland
    Jenninscotland Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Oh cool :) I love capri pants - good luck :) You can do it.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    When I started (over 450 days ago) it was going in a multiday hike in Schotland. Did that last summer
    Then it became fitting into one of my favourite skirts - got there to be worn to work for the first time in 9 years on Monday
    As I love the way it is going I think I need to find another one :smiley:
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Mine is incredibly vain... Women used to walk up to me to say they would kill to have my body. That hasnt happened in years...

I'll know I've reached my goal when I make complete strangers feel homicidal again LoL
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yes. Wear a single digit size.
    I used to think that was impossible since I was a 10 at 120-125 lbs, many years ago in high school. I think vanity sizing will help me out!
    This will mean a completely new wardrobe, but I'm due and I have a nice outlet mall 5 min away!
  • justcindy59
    justcindy59 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Mine is to be able to walk without pain. It's been 7.5 months since I started and I'm still not there yet. But, I can now walk a half a mile before I begin to feel the stress and pain in my knees and ankles.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I also want to be able to wear a single digit size in most brands.
    Plus, I want to be able to run, actually run.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I set mine for 6 months away and there is no number or size attached it is to fit into theme park rides without having to be squashed in. My goal for autumn 2016 is to have a pair of thigh high boots.xx
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    mummyzena wrote: »
    I set mine for 6 months away and there is no number or size attached it is to fit into theme park rides without having to be squashed in. My goal for autumn 2016 is to have a pair of thigh high boots.xx

This was one of my goals as well. I have some embarrassing memories from that experience... not being able to fit after waiting in line for such a long time. I'm so glad I can actually fit in them now because I love roller coasters.

Happy losing!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My NSV goal is to be able to wear my old clothes. There's one dress in particular that I'd love to be able to wear for parties with the OH's family, his whole family are slim and elegant and dress really well, I'd love to be able to feel like I'm not out of place.
  • Jenninscotland
    Options
    Some really great goal NSVs here :) Dragn, you made me laugh with the 'strangers feeling
    homicidal' comment LOL!
    Fitting into theme park theme ride seats is another good one I had not thought of...it makes me think of something similar and that is airplane seats. I've noticed lately that they have become quite uncomfortable :(
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I want to run a half marathon. I've been training for a couple months and I'm up to 11 miles at a time now. I'll probably be able to do it sometime within the next couple weeks and then actually run the half marathon at some point this summer.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yes. To buy really good quality yarn in small quantities to knit all the stuff I'd like to in smaller sizes for my selfish self.

And because I'm inherently lazy? It satisfies me to know that knitting those things will take less time than knitting something at the size I started at did.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    to NOT have to ask for a lapbelt extender when I board my flight on Wednesday.......
  • Jenninscotland
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I want to run a half marathon. I've been training for a couple months and I'm up to 11 miles at a time now. I'll probably be able to do it sometime within the next couple weeks and then actually run the half marathon at some point this summer.

Rooting for you :)

• Jenninscotland
    Options
    Yes. To buy really good quality yarn in small quantities to knit all the stuff I'd like to in smaller sizes for my selfish self.

And because I'm inherently lazy? It satisfies me to know that knitting those things will take less time than knitting something at the size I started at did.

Good luck and good for you! I need to learn how one day.

• Jenninscotland
    Options
    to NOT have to ask for a lapbelt extender when I board my flight on Wednesday.......

Hope this time is the one :) If not, I am sure it will be soon.

At least you ask for one. I boarded a plane from Detroit to Amsterdam a few months ago and three women sat down in the row across from me. None of them could clasp the seat belt. Instead of asking for an extender, they pulled up the seat belt and laid it on their legs and then covered up with a coat on their laps. I was SO worried about them the whole flight. I mean what if there was bad turbulence or something worse? They could have not only injured themselves, but other people if knocked from their seats.

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to rock a gym workout for a solid hour, and I want to be able to do long-duration trail walks at a good steady speed. Right now I can do a good gym workout for about 30 minutes and walk 5K on the trails in slightly under an hour -- for the trails I want to push that up to 10K in 90, then eight miles in two hours; at the gym I want to be able to work the arc-trainer with moderate intensity for 30, then stationary bike seven miles in 30 minutes, without stopping in between.
  • KristenMarie1181
    KristenMarie1181 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    To wear Victoria Secret PINK, lingerie, thigh high boots with very high heels (never walked in high heels) To be able to walk without feeling winded or losing breath. To walk without pain, So much more. I hope to lose all my weight in a year or so!
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!
    Clothes related:
    - I want to fit into any knee high boots I see
    - I want to rock leather shorts that are currently waiting in my closet with the tag still on
    - Fit into a size 8 (US) jeans that I wore ONE TIME (and barely survived the day without breathing)
    - I have a size M very hot bandage bathing suit that's also waiting for me to fit into
    - When all of this is achieved, I'll buy a bodycon dress!

Ultimate Fitness goal:
    - Being able to do any Jillian Michaels video more or less easily. LOOOOONG way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!