I love coffee and it makes calorie deficit living so much nicer.

Options

Replies

• LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Coffee with stevia and sometimes a splash of heavy whipping cream. It helps satisfy my sweet tooth.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I live to drink coffee!
  • auntyp147
    auntyp147 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :D Love black coffee! I have my own stash at work - locked away - because work only provide the cheap tasteless rubbish! If I don't get my caffeine fix, the work day would just drag on, and it's boring enough as it is if I didn't have my treat to look forward to. I never thought about having a cup before I hit the gym though, must try that some time. o:)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    quote4_zpsghxk89yk.png
  • BeginnersBootcamp
    BeginnersBootcamp Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I religiously drink coffee all day! I drink it black and also find it curbs my Hunger until I find real food. Sometimes i want food out of boredom and when I realize that, I get a coffee instead.
  • TheNerdyMonkey
    TheNerdyMonkey Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is high in antioxidants and is an excellent fat burner, belly fat especially :)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee so I can tolerate my children in the mornings. ;)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Me and my Keurig are besties! I usually have coffee with breakfast. I love the International Delight Fat Free & Sugar Free French Vanilla Creamer as it is only 15 cals. per tbsp.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    2-3 mugs for me (20-30 ounces total). Black too, but unfortunately for me it does not suppress my appetite one bit, I'm starting to think it's actually the other way around...
    Black coffee is high in antioxidants and is an excellent fat burner, belly fat especially :)

Oh yeah, I was just thinking that this thread lacked broscience.
  • mbrough58
    mbrough58 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Miraculous: a thread without controversy.
    I shall celebrate with a fresh cup of TJ's organic breakfast blend & half-n-half.
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i love coffee.
  • merde_il_pleut
    merde_il_pleut Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I make a travel mug of coffee before I leave home in the morning and stick it in my backpack so that when I get to work (and am a bit grumbly about having to go to work at THIS hour in the morning, or having to go at all) I get to pull out this delicious and fresh mug of coffee and drink it while I get myself set up for the day. It really makes my first hour or so of work so much more tolerable, and by the time I'm done, I'm ready and happy to do the rest of the day.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I wish it would suppress my appetite, but either way, I love coffee. I put in a little whole milk and a packet of sweetener. I have like 3 mugs (8 to 10 oz) in a typical day. definitely need it to stay alert at work and all as I am not a morning person at all!
  • cogsci
    cogsci Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Coffee from an outside vendor, made with fluoridated and chlorinated water? Absolutely not! I enjoy brewing my own. I get freshly roasted organic coffee beans once a week from a local small business. I grind the beans by hand with a small, but very efficient hand grinder. I open the grinder, and inhale the aroma. OMG, what a treat! I pour the grind into my french coffee press and add 5 cups of water at 200 F, stir with a wooden spoon, and put on the lid, Wait 4 minutes, and slowly press it down. then fill one big mug with some raw goat milk added, the rest goes into a thermos. I usually enjoy 5 cups of coffee with about 1 cup of goat milk as my breakfast. That's about 150 cal. Too much? Not really! I take my first meal some time in the afternoon. No, I'm not hungry until then, and the coffee really cleans out my system! :-)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    5 cups of coffee a morning? I love coffee but that's a little excessive, no?

Safe vs. excess caffeine info: mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20045678

This from a woman who thinks coffee is the nectar of the gods, and who can't function without her morning cup.

• jasmineeatsfood
    jasmineeatsfood Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I never understood the coffee addiction until I had my baby. Now I have to start my day with ice coffee or nothing gets done.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Safe vs. excess caffeine info: mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20045678

This from a woman who thinks coffee is the nectar of the gods, and who can't function without her morning cup.

I drink at least 5 cups before 7 am every day and typically another 3-5 cups during the day, some times more. If my worst vice is drinking too much coffee I'm good with that.
  • cogsci
    cogsci Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

I drink at least 5 cups before 7 am every day and typically another 3-5 cups during the day, some times more. If my worst vice is drinking too much coffee I'm good with that.

I drink 5 cups of coffee, not 5 mugs! No, it is not too much, no matter what part of the medical cartel says! Sometimes I even repeat the whole procedure in the early afternoon.
  • Hollisamara
    Hollisamara Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »
    jellytot3 wrote: »
    I love coffee but have only just recently started drinking it black as I'm trying to cut out dairy. Only trouble is if I have some after 5pm I can't sleep at night :( I've tried decaf but it's not as nice black. I want a cup of coffee now...

Aw! I'd recommend you keep searching for a good decaf, I've tried a few and I often can't tell the difference taste-wise. If all else fails, decaf Americanos are always really good in my experience!

I've ordered some americano to come with my shopping delivery tomorrow
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    f81cs1guuzuy.jpg

I think coffee is great. It really helps me lose weight. I drink about four cups a day. I start the day with one or two cups (cups not giant mugs). I drink it as I eat breakfast. I often work out within 30 minutes of breakfast, but if I have to wait to workout I usually drink another before I exercise.

I usually have one with lunch and rarely another about 3:00 p.m. I drink it black. And I prefer to buy coffee and brew it, but I will take anything--office coffee, fast food place coffee, Starbucks/CBTL coffee. Whatever.

I think I am lucky I like the taste of coffee. But, if you are used to additions like milk and sweeteners I imagine you would be fine if you scrupulously include the calories.

I try to eat before I get super hungry and coffee helps take the edge off my hunger. How about you?

Coffee is soooooo good. In the morning I make a decaf mocha with my espresso machine. However, that's about all I can take with my GERD, and anytime I drink caffeinated coffee (or drink caffeinated drinks) I get heartburn. Too bad, because I love coffee, but it has to be with steamed milk.

I found that the mild or blonde versions help with my GERD.