Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Oh also I feel like throwing my aria scale out the window. I thought I was doing well but now it's saying I'm like 6lbs heaviers. Stupid over sensitive thing!
  • mysticlizard
    mysticlizard Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! I have tried the planning thing before but could only do it for dinner, never lunch and breakfast. So I like that idea... planning any more than that will probably just.... well, I probably won't stick with it for long. Even the dinner thing is a problem, so I'll just TRY MY HARDEST!!! Better that than going to the grocery store blind :P Stupid yummy things. Crazy thing is I used to obsessively plan out grocery lists in high school and stuck to them perfectly and had fun doing it. Where did that go?

I only plan suppers as well. Back when I first started doing it, I would figure out seven or ten suppers I wanted to have and put them on a list and buy what was needed. Then I would just pick what meal I wanted to cook that night. It wasn't until the kids started to cook that we decided which meal we were going to eat which night. I enjoyed the flexibility with structure, of the list if you know what I mean.
  • m_w_s
    m_w_s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I hate planning meals. More often than not I end up too hungry in the evening to make whatever I had planned and it has to change anyway... or I get bored with the same foods but can't find any new ideas. I have to do groceries now and I have no idea what to get for the week because I'm not really craving anything, especially for breakfast or lunch... and it makes me sad to eat boring food.

I often feel like just saying @#*#$ it in the evenings and not cooking what I had planned - and then just getting some junky takeout. If I was just cooking for me I'd probably do it regularly. It actually helps that I cook for the family - really helps me stick to the menu plan because I am responsible for feeding them all something nutritious.
  • m_w_s
    m_w_s Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Oh also I feel like throwing my aria scale out the window. I thought I was doing well but now it's saying I'm like 6lbs heaviers. Stupid over sensitive thing!

Put it in a timeout. Put it away in a closet until next week and just stick to your plan in the meantime :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    ATTENTION PEANUT BUTTER LOVERS

~~~ WE INTERRUPT THIS THREAD TO BRING YOU THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT MESSAGE ~~~

PeachyPlum's post in the discussion referenced below is a 'must see'... ;)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/32012755#Comment_32012755

:)

prjw5l8s8py6.gif
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    solivera87 wrote: »
    I check Groupon often for things to buy that will help me loose weight. I have every pill, wrap, shake you can think of. Its just an addiction that im trying to stop. The only thing ive actually used ao far are the shakes

It's "lose", not "loose"

I used to do that with anti-aging lotions. I've only found one thing that works. It's an application that reduces bags under the eyes for the day.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I just went bathing suit shopping, and I really do wear a size 4. Everything else was too loose (this is the correct usage of the word "loose" - btw).
  • yvetty79
    yvetty79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I have been known to eat the majority of a box of Wheat Thins with a brick of cream cheese. The tomato and basil ones are yummy.

I have done this.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    solivera87 wrote: »
    I check Groupon often for things to buy that will help me loose weight. I have every pill, wrap, shake you can think of. Its just an addiction that im trying to stop. The only thing ive actually used ao far are the shakes

It's "lose", not "loose"

I used to do that with anti-aging lotions. I've only found one thing that works. It's an application that reduces bags under the eyes for the day.

We're not supposed to correct grammar here. And seeing as its a no judgement thread, it's kind of rude. You can have your own post that it bugs you when people misuse the word, but it isn't very nice to call out a particular poster IMO.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Wow, I'm finally caught up.!

Confession: I am too tired and too lazy to work out today.

Confession: I told a hard boiled egg "F--- you" and threw it in the garbage because it would not peel.

Sorry, this made me laugh. I get unnecessarily angry at things when they won't work.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Confession: I told a hard boiled egg "F--- you" and threw it in the garbage because it would not peel.

Sorry, this made me laugh. I get unnecessarily angry at things when they won't work.

Me too. I swore at a container of ricotta today. Every single one of them... if you try to peel the top plastic layer by pulling on the tab on the side, it just breaks, instead of lifting the plastic as it's supposed to. Every single ******* time. You need a knife to open the thing. Ridiculous.
  • Dnarules
    Options

Me too. I swore at a container of ricotta today. Every single one of them... if you try to peel the top plastic layer by pulling on the tab on the side, it just breaks, instead of lifting the plastic as it's supposed to. Every single ******* time. You need a knife to open the thing. Ridiculous.

This happens to me all the time. It's 2015....you'd think they would have mastered the adhesive thing by now.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I've skipped all the dress posts. I haven't worn a dress since I was 12. I only wear skirts if I absolutely have to.

love, love, love skirts and dresses. Reading backwards so haven't gotten to these yet, but feel the need to comment on this. And sexy shoes. I have a lot of sexy shoes. Well, shoes in general. :)

Me too! Shoes. I love fancy shoes.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Oh me too! So much. And hard boiled eggs are the worst. Except for computers and most xerox machines and, well, I guess I could continue...
  • Dnarules
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Oh me too! So much. And hard boiled eggs are the worst. Except for computers and most xerox machines and, well, I guess I could continue...

I hate copiers. When ours at work jams, it jams in like 10 places and you spend 10 minutes trying to find all the problems. I especially hate it when others jam the copier and leave it for the next person :s
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Confession - I don't get why so many people already try to find justifications for cheat days when they are just starting out. Seems like a recipe for failure to me.
  • whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »

This happens to me all the time. It's 2015....you'd think they would have mastered the adhesive thing by now.

The one that bugs me is those stupid fancy vinegar bottles you get in pubs or restaurants trying to be posh... The ones with the gaping hole and the stopper you have to lift out. Then you have to try dribbling vinegar out at the perfect angle. 1 degree either way means you either get no vinegar at all or one chip gets ALL THE VINEGAR. I mean, it's 2015 dammit, we solved this problem like 100 years ago, but nooooo, your stupid pub is too fancy for a freaking normal bottle of vinegar!

And breathe.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    lalabrucey wrote: »
    I'm *kitten* sick of my mother acting like it's totally fine for my naturally-heavy sister to be anorexic, acting like her size is normal and okay, blah blah blah, when she never did anything but call me "a *kitten* skeleton" and tell me to eat more when I lose my appetite from depression (which she would never believe I had, even when I was constantly suicidal.)
    She's really amazing in general, but that particular thing pisses me off so much, especially because I've confronted her about it. She literally knows that my sister looks at thinspo, has calorie counts, unhealthy weight goals, extreme restriction, etc. and she just chooses to completely ignore it because my sister is the perfect child. Sigh.

My parents favour my younger sister more than me because she is most like them. As my sister pointed out to me once, my goals and priorities probably make them insecure about their own which is why it is easier to favour her. (I never knew she was so wise?!)
    Don't know if this applies in your situation but food for thought?

PS Anorexia sounds heartbreaking, I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be for her or anyone else with this terrible disease.
    I think of how they must feel inside and I just want to cry for them.

Who are her role models? Athletes or .. erm....models who have been Photoshoped?

Beautiful at any size but health should always be our priority. Good luck, it won't be easy xx
    I don't think she favours either one of us more-- if anything, I'm a little more like her than my sister. From what I know my mother doesn't have a history of following the rules scrupulously LOL. But interesting to think about, especially because my mother is naturally very thin so more likely to believe that everyone else is too.

Her role models are the typical photoshopped models, thigh gaps and ribcages and blah blah blah. Hopefully it'll get better. She's in college now so there's not really anything we can do. It would just be nice if we were held to the same standard, or whatever, but then I feel like a terrible person for thinking that. And now I just feel like a fat jealous *kitten* and it's ridiculous.

And I want to be really skinny again, but I'm terrified that if I do I'll end up really depressed again and now that I'm finally okay I don't want that to happen. So I don't know what to do. ugh. [/rant]
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I'm *kitten* sick of my mother acting like it's totally fine for my naturally-heavy sister to be anorexic, acting like her size is normal and okay, blah blah blah, when she never did anything but call me "a *kitten* skeleton" and tell me to eat more when I lose my appetite from depression (which she would never believe I had, even when I was constantly suicidal.)
    She's really amazing in general, but that particular thing pisses me off so much, especially because I've confronted her about it. She literally knows that my sister looks at thinspo, has calorie counts, unhealthy weight goals, extreme restriction, etc. and she just chooses to completely ignore it because my sister is the perfect child. Sigh.
    Oh my, I'm really sorry to see this. I've had problems with my own mother in the past, and like you I've suffered from depression and bulimia and thought she highly favored my siblings over me. I know it can be frustrating and hurtful, and I wish I could think of some good advice to give you. I love my mom with all my heart and I have grown to forgive her. If your sister is anorexic, though, she needs help. Unfortunately, while your mother certainly SHOULD NOT encourage anorexia, depending on how old your sister is she might just end up pushing her towards it more if she tries to stop her. :( I'm really sorry about your situation.

EDIT: Your sister needs some positive encouragement. Maybe she should look at some of the success stories on here from women who have been weight lifting and eating healthily! :) I know I'm impressed!
    Thank you so much for your kind words :) yeah, I don't know how to encourage her without making her worse. I know when I had an ED I just wanted everyone to shut up about it and got upset if anyone brought it up, so... I don't know. But definitely finding super strong women who were healthy as role models was important for me (mostly they were metal singers but whatever works, works, right? :P)
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Confession: I ate Burger King at about 11:30 this am. It was so-so.
    Confession: I have some of the frozen leftover Easter candy thawing ... :/
    Confession: I am already 500-ish calories over for the day right now.