What is your main "go to meal" when you need to feel full, satisfied and staying on track?Heres mine

Options

Replies

• shapenerfiterratii
    shapenerfiterratii Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    A big ole salad with sunflower seeds, diced pears or apples, feta and chunks of chicken or fish. Then I use only 1 TBS of really nice olive oil with Red wine, garlic vinegar to dress it.
    Fills me up, tastes delicious and keep hunger at bay for hours!
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    chicken, rice and fresh vegetables
  • Cookiejo2270
    Cookiejo2270 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato
  • lauries8888
    lauries8888 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    An entire bag of microwaved mixed frozen vegs plus 3 oz boiled chicken topped with orange glaze.
  • JessNelson_
    JessNelson_ Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Tofu, brown rice, whatever frozen veggie mix i have in the freezer and sriracha sauce. nutritious, easy and require no defrosting of anything so it can be from the fridge to the stove to my plate in 15 minutes.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    eggs and bacon.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    For super filling: two eggs over medium, 1/2 a mashed avocado with sea salt, wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla. That will keep me from breakfast at 6am to lunch at noon, no sweat

For tons of volume: Egg Roll Bowl. 1 bag of shredded cabbage (like for coleslaw), 1 bag stir fry veggie blend. Dump both into a large skillet, turn on high, cover and steam 5ish min until the cabbage softens up. Uncover, add a touch of oil and some soy sauce, sautee until crispy-ish. Push veggies to side, crack in an egg and scramble. Mix it all together and enjoy with sweet & sour sauce. I occasionally add some salad shrimp as well. I can pack away a ton of food, and this make 4 servings for me, at around 180 cals per serving.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like a big stir-fry of chicken or ground turkey with zucchini, yellow squash, colorful peppers, onion, garlic, mushrooms, and basically any other veggies I have around. I'm also a big fan of simple lean protein (lean pork chops, chicken breast, turkey sausages) with a ton of steamed broccoli on the side. These are both kind of "duh" ideas, but they work.
  • Marcel182
    Marcel182 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Mine is what I call "Thai soup". I use a box of Knorr pumpkin soup (200 cals for 500 ml), throw in a whole lot of veggies like broccoli, asparagus, onions, peppers, spinach and garlic, a spoonful of red or yellow curry paste, lots of spices. Then either some shrimp or chicken and, if I feel really starved, a small portion of soba noodles.
    It's really filling and, depending on whether I add the noodles or not, 600-700 cals total. Also, it's super yummy!
  • nataliebordeauxx
    nataliebordeauxx Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The BIGGEST bowl of zucchini noodles ever + tomato/pasta sauce + Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs + nutritional yeast.

OR

A serving of black bean spaghetti + 1 bag of shiritaki noodles (I'm a volume eater :# ) + 4 servings of asian stir fry veggies (steamed in water only) + tempeh or tofu + coconut aminos + a teensy bit of soy sauce.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Breakfast always leaves me full for a long time. I have the same thing every morning and I don't know why but I always look forward to this meal the most. Must be the chocolate...LOL: Oatmeal (not sure how much cooked, but I make 1/2 cup of uncooked) with 2 tbsp ground flax seeds, chocolate whey protein, almond milk and some raisins. Plus 4 egg whites with just a dash of onion powder, garlic powder and nutritional yeast.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Steamed veggies with either grilled chicken or baked fish (Hakeye, Salmon, Tilapia, Cod). I also enjoy boiled eggs in the morning or for a snack. Tuna in olive oil with harissa,some black or green olives, and hummus. Sauteed ground turkey, spianch, and feta. Or pretty much topping grilled chicken with random things like avocado, salsa verde, mushroom and onions. If I'm craving pizza I'll take a grilled chicken breast, put some shredded mozzarella cheese, and the toppings I'd normally put on a pizza.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    500g of skinless chicken breast in salsa. Virtually nothing but protein, by the end of it I not only feel full, but the thought of taking another bite of dry lean meat invokes a minor gag reflex.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with sauce made of tomatoes, spices, peppers, onions and ground turkey.
  • justvclark
    justvclark Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chicken sauteed with Penzey's tandoori spices, garlic and olive oil roasted cauliflower, and rice.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Brown rice, tinned tuna, veges and an apple depending on how many calories I've got left! If it's late afternoon, when I'm usually ravenous, I'll grab a boiled egg, a couple of brazil nuts and cup of tea :)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Bake up some chicken thighs with various veggies, onion, garlic, lemon, and rosemary. Either with olive oil or butter. Can be eaten alone or with pasta or rice.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Tilapia or shrimp--high protein, low cal. I keep both in the freezer, so quick thaw in cold water. Add some broccoli or green beans and done.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I have a full arsenal of such meals, because I like to feel full, satisfied and on track after every meal.