Geek Girl on an Epic Quest to lose 80lbs, wanna join? More companions wanted!

Options
1234568»

Replies

• FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    @squidvicious666 Webcomics, nice! The only one I ever really got into was Penny Arcade, been reading them almost since they first came out. And welcome to MFP! We just started a geeks-losing-weight styled group, and you're welcome to join if you're interested: Just click here to check it out.

Throwing a friend request your way and if you have any questions about navigating the app/website feel free to give me a poke :)
  • Expat4Life
    Expat4Life Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Ah, I want to be your friend!!!! I'm video game addict, sci-fi obsessor, and full-time statistician because math is so much fun. I have 65.5lbs total to lose and am 16.5lbs down so far. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • Sercee
    Sercee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    FitGeekery wrote: »
    Hm, yeah I'm in Canada so not sure if it'll be available but it definitely doesn't hurt to look hehe

The SCA is most assuredly active in Canada. I'm in Edmonton and know lots of people who do it and have been active and loving it for decades. :)

Also, I getcha and I'm in! 5'3" filthy hobbitses here, currently at 164 lbs and 3 days in on what is hopefully the last restart. I want to get back to collecting the 1ups and stop using them up!
  • PayShi
    PayShi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Joined the group last night but didn't get a chance to post as I was playing GTA5 and got caught up... lol... but yes I am so for a group of geeks. ;) I know we all come in different shapes and sizes and also have different things we geek about but regardless... it's awesome to come together as a geek.

Any of you feel free to add me as well. =)
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I think my name alone speaks volumes about me. LOL I just thought I drop a line and say hi! Anyone can add me. I have been at this game for awhile. I started with about over 100 to lose and have a ways to go. :)
  • cljones302
    cljones302 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    oooo add me! this is the best thread ever....
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @Expat4Life Then be my friend! I'll throw you a request haha Grats on your progress so far and wewt for more geeky gamer girls. I knew you guys were lurking somewhere!

@Sercee Nice well then when I have a mo I'll have to look into it :smiley: Internet fives for another hobbit! I know exactly what you mean about wanting this to be the last restart, I've started half-heartedly I don't know how many times. Sometimes I'll go for a week, sometimes only for a few days. Definitely want to just grit my teeth and get through it for real this time ;)

@PayShi Awesome, welcome to the geekery! XD I completely agree that regardless of our goals or geek loves, it's still really cool to have a place to come together and talk shop or geek out with each other hehe Sending a friend request!

@Nerdybreisawesome I think it really does, and I like it haha Throwing an add your way and feel free to join our group if you haven't. The more the merrier I say ;)

@cljones302 Agreed this thread turned out to be a lot busier than I thought it would haha Adding you, and welcome!
  • squidvicious666
    squidvicious666 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    FitGeekery wrote: »
    @squidvicious666 Webcomics, nice! The only one I ever really got into was Penny Arcade, been reading them almost since they first came out. And welcome to MFP! We just started a geeks-losing-weight styled group, and you're welcome to join if you're interested: Just click here to check it out.

Throwing a friend request your way and if you have any questions about navigating the app/website feel free to give me a poke :)

Accepted! I read so many! All different genres too. I can recommend a dozen or so! Joining the group now. Yay!
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @squidvicious666 Ooooh awesome! I love comics whether web, comic books or graphic novels. I would totally take any recommendations you have :smiley:
  • Brynne1234
    Brynne1234 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Geek here too. Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • jessicasrsly
    jessicasrsly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 205 lbs. Looking to also lose 80. Add me if you like!
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @Brynne1234 Done and done, always nice to have more geeks ;)

@jessicasrsly Nice, we have very similar stats. Added you as well and welcome!
  • VioletWhiteLotus
    VioletWhiteLotus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    In for friends and Geekery
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Welcome! Awesome to have you here, feel free to join our group if you haven't already. The more geeks the merrier :smiley:
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Non-geek here but all things NERD! Send me a FR
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Nerd or geek doesn't matter, everyone's welcome!

Sending a request your way ;)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    i'm "dorky"...does that count?
    I just finished "INSANITY: THE ASYLUM vol:1" yesterday. training for a Spartan race in July!!
    I like comics, domestic/manga/manwha. horror, sci-fi, super hero movies. I read the walking dead AND watch the show (...AND played Telltales games)...Flash, Arrow, Game of thrones, dead like me effin' rocked! iZombie...others I can't think of off the top of my head...supernatural (and the anime), animation/anime. video games (currently getting my _ _ _ kicked in "Bloodborne"). SO stoked for the Deadpool movie next year!!! ...and Batman v Superman!!!
    at work a few years ago, they made fun of me because I called it "Final Fantasy Football". that was Adam Sessler's fault, as he said that on X-Play once and I guess it stuck. I am NOT a sports fan...at all.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    ...I have a ridiculous amount of "action figures" too. :p
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    I <3 everyone here. So much that I resurrected this thread. And might just have to make new friends if you don't friend me first.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    cool. I thought I killed another thread. D'OH!