• kascott4691
    kascott4691 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Impressed!!

Thanks!!!
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Can you tell us some of your menus for different days?
  • kascott4691
    Options
    Can you tell us some of your menus for different days?

Monday: Lunch- Sounthwestern chicken casserole
    Dinner- Talipia, 1/4 retried beans with cheese, and mixed veggies(quiche,asparagus,red bell pepper)
    Tuesday:Lunch- 4oz steak and parmesean green beans
    Dinner- Sounthwestern chicken casserole
    Wednesday: Lunch- Flounder, 1/4 retried beans with cheese, and mixed veggies(quiche,asparagus,red bell pepper)
    Dinner- Talipia , 1/4 retried beans with cheese, and mixed veggies(quiche,asparagus,red bell pepper)
    Thursday: Sounthwestern chicken casserole
    Dinner- 4oz steak and parmesean green beans
    Friday: Lunch-4oz baked chicken and cauliflower
    Dinner- Sounthwestern chicken casserole
    Saturday: Lunch- 4oz Ground Turkey and cauliflower
    Dinner- Flounder, 1/4 retried beans with cheese, and mixed veggies(quiche,asparagus,red bell pepper)

My snacks include: Mixed nuts and raisins-30 calories per tablespoon. I usually give myself 3 servings.
    Sugar free brownies -140 calories per piece
    15 chips -140 calories
    Green seedless grapes 20 count for -69 calories.
    I cook all over again on Sunday. I just look for different recipes 300 calories or below.
  • kascott4691
    Options
    All my meats are 4oz and I give myself the serving size for all vegetable and recipes. Oh the Southwestern casserole is actually the chicken enchilada casserole. Here is the recipe... Try it out-

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/chicken-enchilada-casserole/56a83fe3-68a6-49d6-a5d4-23067a73b260

All of 250 calories!!!!
  • itsmeGennie
    itsmeGennie Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I did this for a whole month and I still haven't figured it out - the food just doesn't "keep". Especially the veggies. Every week i tried a new way of doing it. What I figured out was I need to keep the veggies (sauteed spinach, kale, etc) in an entirely different bowl and add it in that morning. I see that's not the case for you.

DO you put anything in the freezer?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm screwed then. I don't even know what I'm having for dinner and it's almost 5:00 p.m. Oddly enough, I've been losing steadily.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm screwed then. I don't even know what I'm having for dinner and it's almost 5:00 p.m. Oddly enough, I've been losing steadily.
    Yeah, I'm a bit like that too. I do make salads in a jar, but apart from that I just stand at the fridge and figure out what we'll have for dinner on the fly. I'm always impressed by people who have their entire month's menu printed out and actually stick to it.

I'm 47 and genuinely would have expected myself to have figured this out by now.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I'm 47 and genuinely would have expected myself to have figured this out by now.

I'm 54 and still haven't figured it out. Then again, I have a dorm-sized refrigerator and simply can't plan that far in advance. :(

Great idea, though, OP! And I love some of what you pack for the week. I might have to try that recipe you linked to.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Girl, I am impressed!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes, well done!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Do you meal prep for the entire week? If I cook some chicken or beef on Sunday will it still be okay to eat on Friday? :)

I do that all the time. Totally fine.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Oh my GOODNESS! YOU did your thing! Impressive!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    And I was proud of bringing my lunch to work and preparing each the night before...for a week straight :(
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    This doesn't even compute for me... Do you not have anyone else in your house to worry about feeding or sharing the fridge with. I can totally see this as feasible as a single person, but with a family... I can't keep the kid out of anything.
  • Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I've thought about pre-cutting veggies and putting them in containers and keeping in fridge, but don't know how well they'd keep (bell peppers and broccoli mostly). I need to do some googling :)
  • beckyloewer
    beckyloewer Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Could you tell how you make these recipes?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Nice!! I cook lunches for the week, generally 2 different dishes for me, and 2 for my husband so that we can alternate.

I got my containers from Ikea, they're $2 a pop and have the best seal on them, even soup doesn't leak.
  • kascott4691
    Options
    I did this for a whole month and I still haven't figured it out - the food just doesn't "keep". Especially the veggies. Every week i tried a new way of doing it. What I figured out was I need to keep the veggies (sauteed spinach, kale, etc) in an entirely different bowl and add it in that morning. I see that's not the case for you.

DO you put anything in the freezer?

I don't put anything in the freezer and I have not had any problem with my veggies going bad. The further in the back of the fridge the colder the temperature that may help my food to stay fresh. :)