Ketogenic Diet 1 Month Progress (Links to Pictures Available)

muzd
muzd Posts: 33 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi,

It has been a little over a month since starting a strict Keto Diet. There was just once I went off track by consuming ice cream. However, I quickly got back on my diet the same day. I think it took me 3 days to get back into Ketosis.

I have reached 79 Kgs i.e. 174 lbs today
On the 16th of March I weighed 95 Kgs i.e. 209 lbs
My target is 72 kgs i.e. 159lbs, I would mind going unto 69 kgs i.e. 152 lbs to see my abs.
I am 38, Male

and My height is about 175 cms.

In total I have lost 16 Kgs i.e. 35 lbs

My Goal is 72 Kgs, Ideally I would like to maintain my body fat between 10% to 15% Only.

My trousers are too loose and the ones that I wanted to fit in and also slowly slipping off my waist :) I would not like to rush in for new clothes. Since I work as a consultant I need to be dressed smart in suits. Getting new suits now won't be a good idea. I think I should reach my goal and then start shopping to avoid wasting any money.

So here is my issue now, I would like to build muscle, get a lean muscular body. Going to the gym is the only way to do so, but lately I feel very tired and do not think I have the energy to do so.

My progress can be seen on my instagram handle ketodietdiary

For those who do not use instagram please Click Here

A transformation pic can be found if you Click Here , bt thats face only.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers

Replies

• Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited April 2015
    Wow, that's amazing progress! I clicked the links but didn't see a full-length photo of you at your current weight (?) but the difference is very apparent in your face. I wish I had the bottle to do a ketogenic diet.
    p.s. from what I've heard about keto diets you're supposed to start feeling more energetic once you get into ketosis - I guess this isn't happening for you?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Did you also count calories?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Did you also count calories?

logged in his diary.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited April 2015
    You lost 35lbs in a month? And you feel very tired?

See a doctor.

ETA: seems you lost that in 5 months. Which is still a strict diet. Take a break, see if your energy levels improve.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Difficult to see weight loss in a face picture tbh..
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Side note:

Your latest update says you are having palpitations and don't know what to do. If you have never had them before- go to the ER.
  • muzd
    Thanks for the replies.

I have been strictly logging my calories. @yarwell has pointed it out for you christinev297

@EvgeniZyntx, the 35lbs were lost in a month. I was 98.9 Kgs i.e. 218 lbs on the 1 January 2015. I just cut down on the fizzy drinks and maintained a deficit until I reached 95 Kgs i.e. 209 lbs in March.

I wasn't too happy with the pace, hence the reason for adopting Ketogenic Diet

I should point out, I have tried to loose weight on and off in the past 10 years. I loose it very fast, when strict about the calories. I tend to hit a plateau and give up.

This time I am seeing it through.

About the palpitations, its better now @elphie754 , I just made myself a meal of scrambled eggs cooked in Ghee and went off the fast that I keep to get off the plateau. The fast lasts from breakfast i.e. 8am to dinner 6:30 - 7:00 pm

@Chrysalid2014 as I had mentioned in the past 5 weeks I went off track once only. The first time I went into Ketosis I had a horrible symptoms, brain fog, bad breath, smelly sweat, pissing glitter, keto flu etc.

This time round its better, I have been just pissing glitter :blush:
  • muzd
    Difficult to see weight loss in a face picture tbh..

Hi @TyronnePanaino, I will post a few more pics, they will be from Dec 2014, I don't have any with my shirt off from around the time. Let me check and get back ! :smile:

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Eating won't help if the palpitations were/are caused by a heart problem like an abnormal rhythm. Still worth getting checked out, especially if new.
  • muzd
    Going to my GP now @elphie754
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Pissing glitter? Probably not a good sign - suggests inadequate hydration or a future with kidney stones.

Ok, part of the large weight loss is the related to glycogen storage and water. Still a large loss. Might want to take a diet break.
  • muzd
    @EvgeniZyntx I have read about this and it is one of the symptoms, I keep myself well hydrated and drink loads and loads of water. It does get better ad the day progresses.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member

Ok, part of the large weight loss is the related to glycogen storage and water. Still a large loss. Might want to take a diet break.

Glycogen storage would account for a few kilos at most, surely?
  • muzd
    Hi All,

I have just posted a comparison pic,

Please do give your feedback
    @TyronnePanaino
  • EvgeniZyntx

Glycogen storage would account for a few kilos at most, surely?

Up to 5kg or so at that weight but usually 2-4, varies a lot and depends water intake.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 649 Member
    Go to the Dr. With the heart issues. now.

Get a blood enzyme test. The oxidative stress on your organs and heart can be dangerous to your health. Rule that out before moving forward.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    So you've done this diet lost some weight now feel tired and lethargic have heart palpitations. Have had brain fog, keto flu has been pissing glitter and really need to see a Doctor and you think this is good? Losing weight isn't everything you need to consider overall health as well. I concur with others you need to see a Doctor
  • muzd
    Just been to the docotor, everything looks good. Some reports will come tomorrow. Advised to take some electrolytes solution
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    This plan sounds terrifying. Thanks for documenting your experience.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Wow with those side effects I think i'm happier staying on my normal calorie counting diet and losing 1lb a week. Eeeeek.