Would you live off sweets alone?

Leana088
Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
If you could, would you live on sweets alone?

And if you did, do you think you'd be healthy too?

Funny questions I know. I love sweets and I eat a lot of them, so when my dentist told me I had beautiful teeth, I joked and told her that they were made of steel because of all the sweets I eat. (And I have only now went to a dentist the first time in 12 years.)

While she was fixing my tooth, she said she knows a woman who lives on sweets and eats no normal food at all and her teeth aren't too bad either. So that's kind of what sparked the questions for me. :)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    1) No...I'm not really a sweets guy
    2) No, you wouldn't be healthy...being healthy requires getting your vitamins and minerals...you obviously wouldn't be getting those if you ate nothing but cookies everyday.
  • Leana088
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    2) No, you wouldn't be healthy...being healthy requires getting your vitamins and minerals...you obviously wouldn't be getting those if you ate nothing but cookies everyday.

Certainly would be getting a lot of fat and carbs. Which is funny, since those are the two I always have too little of haha. But protein takes priority over them.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Definitely. I could live off of donuts alone. Of course it wouldn't be healthy. Donuts have little nutritional value. Having healthy teeth and having a healthy body are two very separate things.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Yeah, I'm not a sweets kinda girl. I enjoy them, but if you want to break me, give me chips and salsa.

Eating only sweets would make staying healthy pretty difficult.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    If sweets were nutritious I could live on them easily. I like stuff like Pixie Stix, cherry sours, sweet-tarts, all of the super sweet things.

Unfortunately that has caught up with my teeth and my waistline.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    I could live off of chocolate! It would not be healthy at all.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Oh heck no. It makes my teeth hurt and stomach jumpy just thinking about it! This girl here needs her some protein and some veggies in her life, or she ain't happy!
  • Leana088
    I would eat them all day if I can. I do some days. (My "cheat" days, because I eat nothing but sweets on them, they happen once a month or so.) But most of the time I like to hit my protein goal.

My calorie goal is so low already (1500), I doubt 6 protein bars will even come close to hitting my goal. Also, who would want to live off them anyhow? They taste like cardboard hahaha.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

^^ Pretty much this for me too
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    No way. Ask me about salty carbs and my answer might change, though...
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    No, I wouldn't want to live off sweets. I like my gelato well enough, but not enough to live off it.

There's certainly no way to get balanced nutrition off a diet full of just sweet foods. You need vitamins, minerals, protein.
  • Leana088
    avskk wrote: »

Would you live on pizza and burgers alone??
  • SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    Leana088 wrote: »

I dunno...living off donuts would be hard to swing, but recipe-wise, you can do a lot of things with pizza and burgers. I could probably find a way to live nutritionally off that! :wink:
  • Leana088
    SyzygyX wrote: »

I dunno...living off donuts would be hard to swing, but recipe-wise, you can do a lot of things with pizza and burgers. I could probably find a way to live nutritionally off that! :wink:

That's true...
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    I used to tell my doctor: "I swear I could live off chocolate candies." He answered: "Did you try?". And then, told me to not eat anything but chocolate candies for a week.
    I outgrew the concept after 3 days. I was bored as hell and my body was demanding for vegetables.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    ypuyhfguv0ai.gif

Have no idea if I would be "healthy", but I am willing to try.
  • Leana088
    I used to tell my doctor: "I swear I could live off chocolate candies." He answered: "Did you try?". And then, told me to not eat anything but chocolate candies for a week.
    I outgrew the concept after 3 days. I was bored as hell and my body was demanding for vegetables.

Maybe I should try that! I would probably outgrow it, but after a week or two on normal food I would probably start craving it again hahaha
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

That I might be able to do
  • Leana088
    ceoverturf wrote: »

That I might be able to do

Yeah me too. Haha. I luuuvvv me some pizza.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    If I could, I would live off pizza and cheese cake.