Would you live off sweets alone?

Replies

• WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    I love sweets, but wouldn't want to live off them alone. I tend to go hypoglycemic if I get nothing but carbs for an extended amount of time. Even if I didn't have that reaction, I still want my sandwiches, pizza, chicken, cheeseburgers, and pasta!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited April 2015
    Leana088 wrote: »
    If you could, would you live on sweets alone?

No way. If I had to choose between my favorite savory foods and my favorite sweet ones, the savory ones would win. And I get tired of sweetness when I don't have enough variety.
    And if you did, do you think you'd be healthy too?

I'm sure there's a way to incorporate sweetness into everything you eat (meat with a sauce of dried fruit and so on), but if you mean just eating actual sweets, not really. You'd be missing out on lots of things necessary for a balanced diet, like adequate protein and veggies. Yeah, you can take a multi and make cakes with protein powder, I guess, but I think the benefits of foods go beyond the specific things we've identified.

Some people are lucky and can get away with unhealthy lifestyles, though. Like my cholesterol and fasting glucose tests were good even when I was obese and my liver seems fine although I abused it.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    I used to tell my doctor: "I swear I could live off chocolate candies." He answered: "Did you try?". And then, told me to not eat anything but chocolate candies for a week.
    I outgrew the concept after 3 days. I was bored as hell and my body was demanding for vegetables.

Did you feel like it helped you with your sweet tooth in the long term? I feel like when it comes to sweets, I have such a short memory. For example, on the very rare occasions when we get this awesome chocolate cake from Costco

l.jpg

I can't ever eat as much as I serve myself because I feel sick. (Seriously, this cake is awesome but super rich.) I then swear that I will never eat the cake again because of how awful I feel, but later that same day I find myself cutting yet another piece that is probably more than I can comfortably eat.

I've honestly wondered if eating nothing but chocolate for a day or two would somehow make the concept stick in my mind. Probably wishful thinking.

So yes, if I could, I would live off of sweets, namely chocolate confections, cakes, and cookies. I could pass on things that are just sugary, like Smarties. I don't think I'd be particularly healthy, though, and I'd probably weigh a LOT more :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    I used to tell my doctor: "I swear I could live off chocolate candies." He answered: "Did you try?". And then, told me to not eat anything but chocolate candies for a week.
    I outgrew the concept after 3 days. I was bored as hell and my body was demanding for vegetables.

Maybe I should try that! I would probably outgrow it, but after a week or two on normal food I would probably start craving it again hahaha

^This was my thought. It would probably make me swear off sweets for a week or two, but then I'd start wanting them again.

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    giphy.gif

Hell yeah I would!! And yes, cuz I could totally make all kinds of food sweet too!! :drinker:
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    No. I like sweets, but I like regular food more.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I honestly dont know because I love fried chicken and biscuits w/ rice and beans as much as I love brownies and vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce....I want them both same day one after the other LMAO Im just a greedy big eater.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    RBXChas wrote: »

Maybe I should try that! I would probably outgrow it, but after a week or two on normal food I would probably start craving it again hahaha

^This was my thought. It would probably make me swear off sweets for a week or two, but then I'd start wanting them again.

I've been eating lots of sweets since I was a little kid. My mom used to love it just as much when she was still alive, and she would buy a lot of it. I got it from her. It's extremely hard to break a habit that's so deeply ingrained in my life.

I think I'd probably need a few years of sweets only before I would want to give it up for good. :P
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    I like sweets in a small amount...too much and I get a bad stomachache. I could never give up my steak!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    avskk wrote: »
    No way. Ask me about salty carbs and my answer might change, though...

Would you live on pizza and burgers alone??

For me, variety is the spice of life....I enjoy many things.
  • Leana088
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

For me, variety is the spice of life....I enjoy many things.

There are many topping variations for pizza and burgers. ;)
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    I could live off of the Persian Cinnamon rolls at walmart! I did just that this past Saturday! LVED all 10 of them! logged them and went for a quick 4 miles that morning and afternoon! nope it didn't burn half the calories I ate but I sure did enjoy them!
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    edited April 2015
    No but I could probably live off of french fries alone. :D

I saw a show called Freaky Eaters and a girl only ate cheesy potatoes. If I had to pick only one food to eat it would definitely be potatoes. Not that into sweets.
  • Leana088
    North44 wrote: »

I saw a show called Freaky Eaters and a girl only ate cheesy potatoes. If I had to pick only one food to eat it would definitely be potatoes. Not that into sweets.

My neighbor lady loves potatoes as well. I know her diet. It's exactly the same each day. Breakfast is Polenta with sausage and tomato relish. Lunch is fries with ketchup. Dinner is a tomato and onion sandwhich.

Every. Single. Day.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    I definitely wouldn't be healthy, but I'd live off of sweets if I could!

Mmmmm, donuts.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    edited April 2015
    North44 wrote: »

My neighbor lady loves potatoes as well. I know her diet. It's exactly the same each day. Breakfast is Polenta with sausage and tomato relish. Lunch is fries with ketchup. Dinner is a tomato and onion sandwhich.

Every. Single. Day.

Wow, yeah. I actually need variety. I can burn out on a food pretty quickly, but if I had to pick just one- it would be the Spud! B)

And I could definitely eat french fries every day I think as long as I had other stuff too.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    I have a huge sweet tooth and my mind says yes give me all the candy, cakes, donuts& ice cream. But even if i did vary thru lots of choices, i think my body would rebel based on how i feel when I occasionally splurge on excessive dessert items.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member

Yes.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    I really like the chocolate donut holes from walmart. They're covered in sprinkles.

I could also live off just pizza.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Possibly, but they dont have the nutritional value you need. You would develop all sorts of complications.
    I wonder if you could live off chips/ crisps? By live off im talking in a supersize me sense so over a month, [referably 3-6-12 months or forever.

Pizza has more scope because you can vary toppings and that could make it a lot more nutritious.