how do you feel about weighing yourself during your menstrual cycle?

Options
1amCapable
1amCapable Posts: 21 Member
tell if you should or shouldn't .
or after or before ..
your words of wisdom <3

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Just say No. :p
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't. LOL Okay, I do sometimes, but I disregard the number because I know it's not real for 3/4 of the year.
  • 1amCapable
    1amCapable Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't. LOL Okay, I do sometimes, but I disregard the number because I know it's not real for 3/4 of the year.

I know I do to I was at 160 now at 162 -_- ugh lol .
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I do it because I find it amusing & good to remember that all sorts of things can affect the weight on the scale. Lots of sodium? Up 3 lbs. Drink some alcohol, down 2 lbs (dehydrates me).
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    1amCapable wrote: »

lol For real. Just keep in mind it'll come off just as easily as it showed up. ;)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I didn't for a awhile, but it doesn't bother me anymore.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    NO... because I know I'll just see the number go up... sometimes up to 10 lbs that week. I'll wait til the week after.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    or after or before ..
    your words of wisdom <3
    You shouldn't before due to the swelling, or during because you know. After? Don't weigh yourself because you're fat after eating all the chocolate and ice cream.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Why not? My weight gain happens 10 days before I start.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options

You could have a two pound weight variance just because you haven't crapped yet that day. Weighing once a week or less is probably more effective.
  • jengilligan04
    jengilligan04 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I personally don't like to only because of any little fluctuation in the numbers send me into a state of depression, even more so now because I have lost 104lbs, and to see the numbers scares me, even though it might just be water weight, or because I have not gone to the bathroom yet! So for me I WON'T DO IT!!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I like data. So yes.
  • schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do but I know it's wrong. I'm usually up 7-10lbs but when it drops back down, I feel good! Ha
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I like data. So yes.

This.

After a couple of months of logging those gains, you'll know when you step on the scale they are not 'real' and they won't piss you off anymore. Also, that when I'm lightest :/ so I definitely weigh in.
  • bunsen_honeydew
    bunsen_honeydew Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm not emotionally attached to the numbers, so yes. Plus I like graphs.
  • ChristaNorris
    ChristaNorris Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    or after or before ..
    your words of wisdom <3

No way
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I do because I'm scientifically interested to see what happens to my numbers (and my graph!) when I feel bloated. I won't log it though.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I do, just to keep track, but since I know I'm almost always going to put on at least 1 lb, I'm mentally prepared for it and it doesn't freak me out.
  • s2Mango
    s2Mango Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I won't because water weight gain is a real downer, but it can't really be avoided. XD I might for fun, but i'll remind myself it's because of being a woman, and won't record it.
  • Kate5283kate
    Kate5283kate Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. I haven't actually found that TOM causes upward variation for me. Weird.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!