Not eating enough calories

Options

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Does anyone else have that problem? I don't eat enough calories during the day so my body seems to think I'm in starvation mode(As if) and holds on to my fat. Is anyone else having this issue

Maybe you can help educate starving people all over the world because according to you the LESS you eat, the fatter you are. You'll be famous!

Starving people are eating NOTHING. What I said was I'm not eating ENOUGH calories. Meaning I am eating and what I am eating is being held on to and not being burned off.

That's not how it works.

It is impossible to eat too little and not lose weight.

IMPOSSIBLE.

• Mr_Knight
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yeah, referencing random Doctors FTW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused by this post. Eat nothing? Starve. Eat a little more than nothing? Hold weight like a mofo. Eat a little more than that? Lose weight. Eat a little more than that? Gain weight.

Do I have this right now?

Can we take this to the UN and solve world hunger?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    My logic is that EAT TOO LITTLE == LESS MOVEMENT == LESS CALORIES BURNED. EAT MORE == MORE ENERGY == MORE MOVEMENT == MORE CALORIES BURNED.

That does make some sense...

• Mr_Knight
    edited April 2015
    Options
    My logic is that EAT TOO LITTLE == LESS MOVEMENT == LESS CALORIES BURNED. EAT MORE == MORE ENERGY == MORE MOVEMENT == MORE CALORIES BURNED.

Sure. But eating too little still results in weight loss.

You can't under-exercise a non-diet.

• myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »

Sure. But eating too little still results in weight loss.

You can't un-exercise a non-diet.

Yes, you will still lose weight but you will feel crap while you are doing it and won't be able to function as well. I'm not arguing that point.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

So how do people ever put on weight? Is that by eating too little because in the basis of your logic if you stuffed your face full, then youd be moving and burning even more calories?
  • myfatass78
    edited April 2015
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »

So how do people ever put on weight? Is that by eating too little because in the basis of your logic if you stuffed your face full, then youd be moving and burning even more calories?

I think you still need to take into account calories. I'm more thinking of the weight loss phase more than the weight gain phase. Also I said it was MY logic. Never said science.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

The problem lies in that most calories aren't burned from exercise. The increase in movement would have to cancel out the increase in calories ... the you can't out exercise a bad diet paradigm.
  • smokefan333
    smokefan333 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for two weeks. I have never met the 1200 calorie goal. I'm usually right at 650. But my sugar (15) fat (25) and sodium (1500) are at max or close. What am I doing wrong?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode doesn't exist.
    yjusekllgd9v.gif
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for two weeks. I have never met the 1200 calorie goal. I'm usually right at 650. But my sugar (15) fat (25) and sodium (1500) are at max or close. What am I doing wrong?

Work on getting more calories. It's fine if you go over on fat, and if you have no reason to watch your sugar or sodium intake then don't worry. But you can cut them down by eating more homemade meals and less prepackaged foods.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

You're starving yourself by focusing on micronutrients rather than macronutrients.
  • DonnaHilston
    DonnaHilston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much to the person that posted the links for the OP. I went and read them and they made more sense than anything I've read before. My food scale should be here tomorrow so then I can weigh everything and I WILL LOSE WEIGHT
    !
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    agxsnd3tjvw7.gif

I'm pretty sure I just did this exactly while reading this thread. :laugh:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Thanks very much to the person that posted the links for the OP. I went and read them and they made more sense than anything I've read before. My food scale should be here tomorrow so then I can weigh everything and I WILL LOSE WEIGHT
    !

To the OP, who wondered why it was necessary for people to argue with you if we don't believe you . . . this is why. Other people read these threads and we don't want them believing nonsense. Good luck @DonnaHilston !
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Yeah, referencing random Doctors FTW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCMzjJjuxQI

Oh, wow. That is...disturbing.
  • fatcity66
    Options
    I'm so confused by this post. Eat nothing? Starve. Eat a little more than nothing? Hold weight like a mofo. Eat a little more than that? Lose weight. Eat a little more than that? Gain weight.

Do I have this right now?

Can we take this to the UN and solve world hunger?

LMAO I think you've got it!
  • fatcity66
    Options

Because your macros are set way too low. 1500 sodium?? 25 grams fat?? DId you set those, or did MFP set them for you? If MFP did, there is a glitch.
  • myfatass78
    Options

The problem lies in that most calories aren't burned from exercise. The increase in movement would have to cancel out the increase in calories ... the you can't out exercise a bad diet paradigm.

If you have more energy you might go for an 8km walk (which I am about to do) that someone who is lethargic and run down at 1200 would not be able to do. More calories eaten to a certain point makes you want to go out and do things you might not otherwise. It means that you have the energy to clean the house, go for a run and walk to the shops. Harder to do those things on 1200 calories or less.