What is YOUR least favorite part of having a healthy lifestyle?

Options
Mine is grocery shopping. I know, I know, I should just be grateful for the ability and opportunities that we have to do that, and I am, it's just that I think about the things that tend to taunt me with not doing the 'right' thing and it's always the trips to the grocery store. The whole ordeal just makes me want to hit up a drive-thru, yet I persist.

First, the planning. I am not a planner by nature - I am now. I have to be or else I falter. Then, it's finding the time to go there (meaning work around schedule and peak time that everyone else is there), then there is the fact that I have to go thru a zillion stop lights and wait (because they can never just be green). Then, it's into the store. I liked the older stores that were smaller (yes, less options, but it was quick in and out). Then, it's the lines (the grocery stores I visit do not have auto pay or self check at this point). I know Walmart does, but I do not shop there for food. Then, of course there is the hauling groceries (which I now figure as part of my cardio) :p

So, that's my main beef with being healthy and maintaining that lifestyle. What is yours? Exercise? Time? Don't want to? Improve health numbers? Thought it would be interesting to see what you all have to say (besides the fact that I'm whiney about grocery shopping B) .

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Not a single thing.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    so you did not grocery shop in your prior life?
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I hate having to mentally plan ahead to drink alcohol.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    My least favorite thing?
    being so awesome it makes me ill.

wait.
    who am I kidding.
    I love this sh1t
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Not a damn thing... I love feeling and looking freaking great!
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I struggle with preparing the foods that I eat as part of my lifestyle, while keeping the hubs fed with what he enjoys. Luckily, he takes care of himself much of the time, but I still feel guilty pangs once in a while. We've already been through the "we'll get healthy together!" attempts, he always drops off, so I leave him alone about it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    oh and my answer is not a thing…I still eat the foods that I like and nothing about my new lifestyle is worse than my old one….
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Not eating whatever I want.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Looking too good and wanting to buy all the clothes :p
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Least Favorite.... I am always checking the weather to see what days I can walk/wog outside instead of the treadmill. I schedule exercise around the weather. Don't want to get caught in a thunderstorm, etc...
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    so you did not grocery shop in your prior life?

I did! But, I also just went whenever because I didn't meal plan up until a couple of years ago. So, my buying habits at the store were horrendous. Thankfully, I do not do that anymore.
  • BigLifter10
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Looking too good and wanting to buy all the clothes :p

Yep! LOL!
  • BigLifter10
    Options
    clnrush wrote: »
    Least Favorite.... I am always checking the weather to see what days I can walk/wog outside instead of the treadmill. I schedule exercise around the weather. Don't want to get caught in a thunderstorm, etc...

Definitely - Love cardio outdoors, but still take it indoors if necessary. I envy those who live in a year-round moderate climate. Not going to move anywhere else though, just because of that.
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    I hate having to mentally plan ahead to drink alcohol.

YES THIS !!!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Having to give up hookers and blow....

really puts a crimp in things.
  • SJDenz
    SJDenz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a horrible sweet tooth, not to mention I love baking! I know it is good for me, but having to reel in and control myself with sweets is difficult and not exactly a pleasure. I just keep telling me "a little something" (like only having one cookie) is better than nothing.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Drinking less might be the biggest one. But to be honest, I don't REALLY regret that either. But of the list of things rated from better to best in terms of changes, that is probably at the bottom (meaning it resides in the BETTER category, furthest from BEST).
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Life was a lot less stressful when I wasn't aware of just how many calories were in all the things I used to eat! But being fat sure made life pretty crappy.
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I have to be the "party pooper" when it comes to food. I LOVE food, but it has been so hard for me to watch portion sizes & sugars & whenever I point out the things I can't eat, or want smaller portions or less drinks than everyone else they think I'm being lame. I only have a few friends who track calories & they understand what I'm doing, but most don't. People say "you're not fat you don't have to lose weight" it's like, I'm trying not to get fat in the future! My eating habits have always been terrible & the older you get the more lbs you gain so I'm trying to start healthier habits. Sorry for the rant lol. Last night I was pressured into about 400 extra calories & it made me very sad :(
  • BigLifter10
    Options
    jessieleah wrote: »
    Life was a lot less stressful when I wasn't aware of just how many calories were in all the things I used to eat! But being fat sure made life pretty crappy.

So true. I am one of those who went from healthy/athletic to cooped up from an accident. Got bored, tired, didn't care much and ate without giving it any thought. Forty lbs later, you see a photo and freak out.....so turning it around is a big deal. I do miss not having to plan for anything though. I totally agree though....being healthy again is soooo much better than feeling crappy!!!