Thick&curvy OR thin&skinny WOMEN

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    Mever said it wasnt.

By calling her a "bag of hangers" you are dehumanizing her. Frankly, I'm sure there are people out there who are attracted to her so for you to say that no one wants a "bag of hangers" and then use her image as an example is wrong on multiple levels.

Not to mention you are "talking" about someone with a mental issue/disorder.
  • dannatona
    dannatona Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    lol nothing like mfp threads to liven up a boring Friday!

I think guys like girls with skills... and confidence. Someone who really loves themselves is always the most attractive.
  • elena1025
    elena1025 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I think before you should care how a man thinks of your body, you should be happy with it first. If your not change it for yourself no one else. Be happy, life's to short :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    tumblr_nexryfLpA41rysg99o4_400.gif
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Mever said it wasnt.

By calling her a "bag of hangers" you are dehumanizing her. Frankly, I'm sure there are people out there who are attracted to her so for you to say that no one wants a "bag of hangers" and then use her image as an example is wrong on multiple levels.

Ok. Excuse me while i carve a statue of you into the side of a mountain with my bare hands to create an alter for myself and others to worship your morality.

Keep ethic shaming people, It reflects well on your humor and personality.

Keep body shaming, it says a lot about your character.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Mever said it wasnt.

Ok. Excuse me while i carve a statue of you into the side of a mountain with my bare hands to create an alter for myself and others to worship your morality.

cz5w2c36rjkf.jpg
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Sorry... Must've missed the posts that called out individual users body types.
    Thick. Because men like curves, not stick figures.

Even if he is joking his usage of words makes it worst.

Still, that's a pretty generic statement... that poster wasn't insulting anyone in particular. If anyone internalized it as an insult, it says more about that person than the poster.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Still, that's a pretty generic statement... that poster wasn't insulting anyone in particular. If anyone internalized it as an insult, it says more about that person than the poster.

But still shaming a body type which is what you wanted to see.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Mever said it wasnt.

No thank you. I'm not really the statue type. What you can do is maybe learn from your mistakes instead of trying to deflect attention away from yourself and possibly even apologize at some point for being flat out wrong.

Not to me by the way. I couldn't care less about your apology, but that woman in the picture is still a woman.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Right. So you'd be okay if someone came on here and said no one wants to have sex with a fatty?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Right. So you'd be okay if someone came on here and said no one wants to have sex with a fatty?

Some people in this thread just don't understand.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    Options
    6IAPwW5.gif
  • ladykate26
    ladykate26 Posts: 1,134 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    There isn't a woman on this planet who at least one man wouldn't find attractive. Some men have particular 'types' others don't. How can a woman expect someone to love her if she doesn't love herself. This is the key.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

:huh:

Men like a lot of different things.
  • RobDowney
    RobDowney Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    curvy
  • katnroyal87
    katnroyal87 Posts: 8,789 Member
    Options
    I like happy, so get happy with yourself first!
  • schle009
    schle009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My friend and I just had this conversation last night. He prefers "thicker" girls with curves to skinny ones. His wife has some meat on her, but not a ton. He said overall though, a girl who carries herself well with confidence makes it 100x better.
  • JeopardyRight
    JeopardyRight Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I think we can all agree. Shaming is wrong. Body, mind, personality, spiritually.. but honestly its the internet... there are REAL evils out there people... like TMZ. :D
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Nobody wants to *kitten* a bag of hangers.

[yoovieblink.gif]
This discussion has been closed.