Thick&curvy OR thin&skinny WOMEN

Options

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Sorry... Must've missed the posts that called out individual users body types.
    Thick. Because men like curves, not stick figures.

Even if he is joking his usage of words makes it worst.

Still, that's a pretty generic statement... that poster wasn't insulting anyone in particular. If anyone internalized it as an insult, it says more about that person than the poster.

I think we can all agree. Shaming is wrong. Body, mind, personality, spiritually.. but honestly its the internet... there are REAL evils out there people... like TMZ. :D

No apology. Instead tried to get the spotlight off of her by shining it on something else.

E for effort.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Nobody wants to *kitten* a bag of hangers.

That depends. Any lubricant in this bag of hangers, by chance?

Nope. Just a bunch of pointy hangers in a skin sack.

wow. Not shocked that a woman started in with the skinny hate.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    ladykate26 wrote: »
    There isn't a woman on this planet who at least one man wouldn't find attractive. Some men have particular 'types' others don't. How can a woman expect someone to love her if she doesn't love herself. This is the key.

Nancy Grace.

/thread
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Still, that's a pretty generic statement... that poster wasn't insulting anyone in particular. If anyone internalized it as an insult, it says more about that person than the poster.

I think we can all agree. Shaming is wrong. Body, mind, personality, spiritually.. but honestly its the internet... there are REAL evils out there people... like TMZ. :D

You really see nothing wrong with your response and that is a disturbing realization.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options

But still shaming a body type which is what you wanted to see.

All I'm saying is that if I'm in a conversation with someone and they say 'no one wants to work with a moron' and I take umbrage - it says more about me than the person I'm talking to.

FTR - I haven't said word #1 about body types in this thread, so how you know what I wanted to see is beyond me. Psychic powers perhaps? Any stock tips or winning lottery numbers you care to throw my way?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

yes, we can. But apparently, you don't realize that calling some a 'bag of hangers' is shaming.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Look at previous quotes. No powers needed. You wanted to see what everyone is getting riled up for.

All I'm saying is that if I'm in a conversation with someone and they say 'no one wants to work with a moron' and I take umbrage - it says more about me than the person I'm talking to.

FTR - I haven't said word #1 about body types in this thread, so how you know what I wanted to see is beyond me. Psychic powers perhaps? Any stock tips or winning lottery numbers you care to throw my way?

• ladykate26
    ladykate26 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    magerum wrote: »
    ladykate26 wrote: »
    There isn't a woman on this planet who at least one man wouldn't find attractive. Some men have particular 'types' others don't. How can a woman expect someone to love her if she doesn't love herself. This is the key.

Nancy Grace.

/thread

Who is Nancy grace?
  • bennettinfinity
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Right. So you'd be okay if someone came on here and said no one wants to have sex with a fatty?

Yep, if that's their opinion, they're entitled to it... doesn't impact me. They could even go so far as to say no one wants to have sex with people with 'infinity' in their username. It's someone's opinion, what would it matter?
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Honestly the woman I am drawn to are confident. That is the most attractive quality. I love all shapes and sizes. If you hold a gun to my head and made me pick, I would say a little thicker, I am a big guy and I dont want to feel like I would break her if I grabbed to hard.
  • bennettinfinity
    Options
    Look at previous quotes. No powers needed. You wanted to see what everyone is getting riled up for.

Well clearly since you know my motivations better than I know them myself, you have me at a disadvantage. You win.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Right. So you'd be okay if someone came on here and said no one wants to have sex with a fatty?

Yep, if that's their opinion, they're entitled to it... doesn't impact me. They could even go so far as to say no one wants to have sex with people with 'infinity' in their username. It's someone's opinion, what would it matter?

And it's my opinion that tearing down body types (especially ones that obviously include a disorder) is just a crappy thing to do. Why does it matter? Because I've had people ridicule me about my body and I wouldn't want to wish that on anyone else or encourage that way of thinking at all.
  • JeopardyRight
    JeopardyRight Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »

yes, we can. But apparently, you don't realize that calling some a 'bag of hangers' is shaming.

Yea, pretty much had it battered into mr at this point. I apologize if the term 'bag of hangers' personally offended YOU aswell.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yea, pretty much had it battered into mr at this point. I apologize if the term 'bag of hangers' personally offended YOU aswell.

But you aren't apologizing for saying it in the first place.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »

Apparently it's ok if she apologizes to one single person.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Sorry not sorry? :laugh:
  • bennettinfinity
    Options

And it's my opinion that tearing down body types (especially ones that obviously include a disorder) is just a crappy thing to do. Why does it matter? Because I've had people ridicule me about my body and I wouldn't want to wish that on anyone else or encourage that way of thinking at all.

And that was wrong - no question. But I just think there's a big difference between making a generic comment and singling out an INDIVIDUAL. If you lump yourself in with the generic comment, that's YOU giving power to those words. Otherwise they're meaningless.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options

Apparently it's ok if she apologizes to one single person.

But she's not apologizing for saying it at all. She's apologizing as a backwards way of insulting mccindy72 for taking offense at the term "bag of hangers." She's not sorry for saying it because she still doesn't get that someone doesn't need to feel like the term is applied to them personally to be disgusted that someone would say that about someone else and speak out about it.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    There is no right or wrong answer for this thread. It's been asked 1,000 times already.

/thread

AMEN!
This discussion has been closed.