• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    +1 for the Chainsaw of Natural Selection
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    rgoins374 wrote: »
    Obviously there are two schools of thought on ingesting essential oils.

I use oils from a reputable company which tests it's oils and I put lemon or lime essential oils in my water all the time.

If a company is chided for telling consumers their oil will prevent Ebola, I don't really have confidence in their testing processes.
  • sofaking6
    Options

I use oils from a reputable company which tests it's oils and I put lemon or lime essential oils in my water all the time.

*its*
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

*its*

Tested or not, essential oils should not be consumed. It can make you very sick and sometimes fatal.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    Elaneor wrote: »
    Actually, as far as I know, inhaling some essential oils can help you to calm the appetite. But always use it in your lamp with basis oil (3 drops of oil is okay). You can even make baths with essential oil (3 drops of oil on the 2-3 spoons of the sea salt is a good deal).
    For example:
    • grapefruit helps with overeating and stress
    • peppermint increases motivation and calms the appetite
    • cinnamon helps to improve the immune system
    • and so on (i suppose citrus oils are one of the best here - they tone up, calm appetite and give you better mood)
    And beware that some of them (like citrus) may cause photosensitivity to the sun if you use it on skin (with massage oils).
    Proper usage of essential oils can help you eat less (but still counting and your own work really matter).
    Will putting them on crystal pyramids help, or should I avoid that?

Only if you sing the proper incantations while doing so

Its not cool to mock someone else's spiritual/religious beliefs.

Was not my intent to mock anyone's beliefs...sincere apologies if there are any crystal pyramid + essential oil worshippers whom I may have inadvertenly insulted.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    Actually, as far as I know, inhaling some essential oils can help you to calm the appetite. But always use it in your lamp with basis oil (3 drops of oil is okay). You can even make baths with essential oil (3 drops of oil on the 2-3 spoons of the sea salt is a good deal).
    For example:
    • and so on (i suppose citrus oils are one of the best here - they tone up, calm appetite and give you better mood)
    And beware that some of them (like citrus) may cause photosensitivity to the sun if you use it on skin (with massage oils).
    Proper usage of essential oils can help you eat less (but still counting and your own work really matter).

Was not my intent to mock anyone's beliefs...sincere apologies if there are any crystal pyramid + essential oil worshippers whom I may have inadvertenly insulted.

Just FYI, I think it's cool, especially if those beliefs are likely to kill their children.
  • rgoins374
    rgoins374 Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

*its*

Not necessary to correct spelling or grammar; did it make you feel better?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

*its*

Not necessary; did it make you feel better?

It probably didn't. I heard you need essential oils to truly feel better.
  • sofaking6
    Options

*its*

Not necessary to correct spelling or grammer; did it make you feel better?

I think the phrase you're looking for is "thank you".
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think olive oil is essential. I think I use some every day.
  • rgoins374
    rgoins374 Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

*its*

You are just rude. You don't know me and you don't know my story but you can hide behind your keyboard and be unkind.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

*its*

You are just rude. You don't know me and you don't know my story but you can hide behind your keyboard and be unkind.

If you're willing to stand behind your statement, why delete your comment?
  • aliaslocke
    aliaslocke Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What causes someone to be put in that little jail (on your avatar)? Just wondering?
  • AwesomeSauceTN
    AwesomeSauceTN Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    doTerra makes a "Slim & Sassy" blend which is meant to help curb your appetite and promote weight loss. I tried it and it did help my appetite but I believe that was mainly because it was so freaking nasty. I stopped taking it and it didn't have an impact on my weight loss, although it did help curb cravings while my body got acclimated to the idea of calorie restriction.

I do use essential oils for topical use, mainly OCM (oil cleansing method) which has alleviated a 20 year struggle with acne, sleep, relaxation, and muscle soreness. I continue to use them topically and I love them but, be warned - I read recently that there are some studies that are concerned that the body has difficulty digesting the oils. Basically, the oils are getting stuck in your stomach/intestines and jacking up your natural flora. Stick to topical use and always dilute essential oils with a carrier oil.

I know its very tempting to try these quick fixes or diet aids that promise success.... we want so bad to get to our destination as quickly as possible.... but resist the urge to jump on that bandwagon. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    What essential oils do you add to you OCM mix? I've OCM'ed for two years now. I love it.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    For example:

Don't worry about it. You didn't know :).
    For example:

Just FYI, I think it's cool, especially if those beliefs are likely to kill their children.

What?!? Where are you getting that information from?
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Not aimed at anyone in particular.

Here's what it think and I'm going to be blunt and brutally honest here no sugarcoating at all. If you want to spend your money on something that you believe works, even when you are told it doesn't and no research shows, then that's completely up to you. Me I call that stupidity. If someone told me I have spent a lot of money on something that wasn't going to benefit my health or my pocket I would thank them and throw what I bought in the bin because that is where I put the money in the first place. If you believe everything someone tells you then you will believe me that I have a money tree in my back yard. There are con-artists everywhere waiting for a dumb victim that will believe anything. If it sounds too good to be true then it is not true. Anyway, its your money, your life, your health so your choice. Just research what people tell you before you go ahead with something. Paper never refuses ink and some people are in for quick money at your expense.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    For example:

Don't worry about it. You didn't know :).
    For example:

What?!? Where are you getting that information from?

The oils are quite likely to be toxic if ingested and there are people who have said they are giving them to their children. For ingestion.

• operationfitlikejmo
    Options
    Also 'essential oils' are not to be ingested....if you are going to try oils and things, most definitely don't buy essential oils. They are for burning only!

It depends on the purity of the oil, actually. Some can be ingested. The bottle will say how they can used (topical, aromatherapy and/or internally).