Your Little Successes This Week ...

Replies

• shellbmama
    shellbmama Posts: 9 Member
    This week at work we had a breakfast potluck. I skipped breakfast at home & only had a small biscotti, fruit, veggies, and a mini muffin. I also passed up a brownie another day, and a 2nd serving of a fruit tart on another day. I logged every week day also. Yay! Next week I have to really get motivated with working on though.
  • wmander1
    wmander1 Posts: 53 Member
    This week I didn't have any treats when my students had a picnic party! I also was able to fit back into a pair of jeans that I really really love!
  • Lizadizzle
    Lizadizzle Posts: 35 Member
    I've been under goal by about 250 - 300 calories all week. :open_mouth: I have no idea how. But I'm doing everything the same again next week lol :)
  • swimminginseattle
    swimminginseattle Posts: 21 Member
    My first week here, 5 days in...and I've tracked everything, stayed in a deficit, and I put in 30 minutes of swimming or walking 5 times! Whoop!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Held my plank for two and a half minutes!
  • quafferj
    quafferj Posts: 45 Member
    Lunch was catered for us from Carrabas and I managed to just say no! Still managed to gain a pound though....
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Lots of good stories! :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    Another little victory today ... I was able to get into my blue Ground Effect cycling rain jacket. And not only get into it ... wear it comfortably on a ride.

I bought it a little over 4 years ago, and could wear it comfortably then ... and then, slowly but surely, I gained weight until I could no longer zip it up. I was going to see about buying a new one, but they're not cheap. So ... this was one of the main reasons why I decided to lose weight. I figured it would be less expensive to lose weight than to buy a new jacket.

And today ... I could wear it again. :)
  • keishakylejohnson
    keishakylejohnson Posts: 42 Member
    Small victory: I worked out 5 days and I lost 2.8lbs this week :smiley: I have ate right and it payed off. I pray I can continue this!
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    edited April 2015
    I work as a courtesy clerk in a supermarket, and I realized that by spending as much as I do on my typical lunch breaks, I was spending most of my paychecks just feeding myself. So, I cut back my spending and will either just drink water or I'll eat something small to keep me going. Since then, I've started to lose some weight again, as I have a bad habit of eating to maintenance. Basically, I need to go nine or so hours without consuming much for me to stay in a deficit for the entire day. I'm lucky I have a job, otherwise I probably would not have the willpower to do such a thing if I were sitting at home.
  • ZenSakura
    ZenSakura Posts: 33 Member
    This might not seem like a success, but for me it actually is. A coworker gave me a fun size snickers today and I ate it! I sat there and stared at it for about 10 minutes, thinking about giving it away like I normally would with sweets, as it made me hungrier and hungrier just having it in my presence.
    I have a pretty unhealthy relationship with food and for a long time I've basically cut out all sweets and desserts (other than fruit and yogurt, maybe some granola now and again). I have convinced myself that I can't control myself around sweets, so I just avoid them at all costs... All the while knowing in my mind I don't want to go the rest of my life without ever having Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs again.
    Just reading what everyone has to say on the forums, and how a lot of people treat themselves often as long as it fits in their calorie allotment, that really made me think that maybe I can just have a small portion of something I love and it won't kill me or ruin everything I've worked so hard for!
    So yep, I ate the snickers! And I enjoyed it!

Love this! I plan treats into my calories pretty much every day, and I've been losing consistently since I started in January. It's part of what makes this change a sustainable one for me--there's NO way I could give up the foods that I love. So nice to hear that you're beginning to develop a healthier relationship with food. Great job! :smile:

One of my "little successes" this week is that I fit into several old pairs of shorts & capris that I had previously packed away. I tried them on a couple of months ago, and despite the weight that I had lost, they were still far too snug to wear comfortably. I figured that, if I stayed on track, I could maybe fit into them by June (it was an unofficial mini-goal of mine). Well, I tried them on today, and they all fit perfectly--over a month ahead of schedule!
  • Lizadizzle
    Lizadizzle Posts: 35 Member
    ZenSakura wrote: »
    This might not seem like a success, but for me it actually is. A coworker gave me a fun size snickers today and I ate it! I sat there and stared at it for about 10 minutes, thinking about giving it away like I normally would with sweets, as it made me hungrier and hungrier just having it in my presence.
    I have a pretty unhealthy relationship with food and for a long time I've basically cut out all sweets and desserts (other than fruit and yogurt, maybe some granola now and again). I have convinced myself that I can't control myself around sweets, so I just avoid them at all costs... All the while knowing in my mind I don't want to go the rest of my life without ever having Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs again.
    Just reading what everyone has to say on the forums, and how a lot of people treat themselves often as long as it fits in their calorie allotment, that really made me think that maybe I can just have a small portion of something I love and it won't kill me or ruin everything I've worked so hard for!
    So yep, I ate the snickers! And I enjoyed it!

Love this! I plan treats into my calories pretty much every day, and I've been losing consistently since I started in January. It's part of what makes this change a sustainable one for me--there's NO way I could give up the foods that I love. So nice to hear that you're beginning to develop a healthier relationship with food. Great job! :smile:

One of my "little successes" this week is that I fit into several old pairs of shorts & capris that I had previously packed away. I tried them on a couple of months ago, and despite the weight that I had lost, they were still far too snug to wear comfortably. I figured that, if I stayed on track, I could maybe fit into them by June (it was an unofficial mini-goal of mine). Well, I tried them on today, and they all fit perfectly--over a month ahead of schedule!

I love this too! (all of it!) I spoke to my household (family lol) last night and informed all of them that every time I lose 25 lbs we're having a pizza party. I will obviously limit myself to a normal sized helping, but... since I'm not eating it now, I think I can legit have some freaking pizza every couple months. O.O *confetti* :)
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    I fit into my favorite outfit yesterday. Haven't worn it in almost two years!
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    I was at a lan from friday-saturday, and a lan usually means lots of chips, pizza, candy, soda, energy drinks, pizza, instant ramen and some more pizza. On friday I "only" went over my maintenance calories by around 500 cals (which is way better than many of my uncontrolled binge days where I'll go over by like 2000 cals) and on saturday I managed to go UNDER my usual goal of 1450 cals (I ate 1410 calories).
    I'm super happy with that, I was worried before the lan that I wouldn't be able to restrain myself and just eat everything ever, but it worked out well in the end!
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    I was extremely tired today, and still got off my butt and went to the gym :)
  • soontobeslim87
    soontobeslim87 Posts: 22 Member
    Kept up the water intake last week and seem to have lost 3 1/4lbs over the week. I know it's just water weight but it's taken me to only 1/4lb away from my first goal. This made me really happy today. :D
  • Charliecatesq
    Charliecatesq Posts: 100 Member
    Dropped into the 13 stone range and hit my 10,000 steps everyday last week. Makes up for the fact i probably drank that lb back on yesterday :expressionless:
  • Emmatyan
    Emmatyan Posts: 87 Member
    This week I started to finally see something that vaguely looks like abs. The first two of the six.
    And yesterday I managed to do one full push-up! Before I couldn't get up from the froor at all.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    I went for my first run outdoors and was amazed at how well I did. I guess the interval training and intense circuits that I have been doing for months really DO help cardiovascular conditioning!! It felt wonderful to be outside.
  • astralpictures
    astralpictures Posts: 218 Member
    I got the flu last week and lost a ton of weight. Ugh! The success is that when my appetite came back, I fought the urge to pig out and stuck with my normal deficit.