13»

Replies

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    jerber160 wrote: »
    Try to stay away of any artificially sweetened beverages or drinks link Pepsi Diet and Cola Zero, they contain aspartame as sweetener which is very harmful, I got a lot of problems regarding to my thyroid gland because of using aspartame.

AAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

You do realise that the official line from the FDA is that aspartame is "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved"?

Please provide us with evidence that this is not the case?

The British Food Standards Agency funded a clinical study of people who claimed to experience side-effects after consuming aspartame. The double blind controlled study has concluded there was no evidence of safety issues or side effects even amongst those volunteers who had previously claimed sensitivity. No differences were observed in clinical, biochemical, psychological and metabonomic parameters following consumption of aspartame in either group.

The FSA's Committee on Toxicity evaluated the results at its meeting in October 2013, and determined that "the results presented did not indicate any need for action to protect the health of the public

http://www.food.gov.uk/science/research/foodcomponentsresearch/t01programme/t01projlist/fs231010

The European Food Safety Authority re-evaluated aspartame as part of the systematic re-evaluation of all food additives authorised in the EU prior to 20 January 2009. All 600 datasets are available publicly. This includes previously unpublished scientific data including the 112 original studies on aspartame which were submitted to support the request for authorisation of aspartame in Europe in the early 1980s.

The EFSA draft report found that aspartame and its metabolites "pose no toxicity concern for consumers at current levels of exposure. The current Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) is considered to be safe for the general population and consumer exposure to aspartame is below this ADI".

http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/dataclosed/call/110601.htm
    http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/press/news/130108.htm

Again, do you have evidence to show that the FSA and EFSA are wrong in their findings?
    I saw an article a few months back that said artificial sweeteners go straight to your liver and your liver spends so much time breaking them down its ability to process sugars and fats is adversely affected. I can't find it again, but it makes sense to me.

PubMed and its 24 million+ citations from worldwide biomedical literature says differently.

Do you want to buy some unicorn droppings?
    well when you've been stalled for years, the endocrinologist says it's suddenly difficult to dose your synthroid and 'we're working on it', it only makes sense to color with every crayon in the box. Cutting out artificial sweeteners is one tool. and your snark isn't appreciated. what happened to the 'hide' button
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,511 Member
    Options
    Try to stay away of any artificially sweetened beverages or drinks link Pepsi Diet and Cola Zero, they contain aspartame as sweetener which is very harmful, I got a lot of problems regarding to my thyroid gland because of using aspartame.

You do realise that the official line from the FDA is that aspartame is "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved"?

The British Food Standards Agency funded a clinical study of people who claimed to experience side-effects after consuming aspartame. The double blind controlled study has concluded there was no evidence of safety issues or side effects even amongst those volunteers who had previously claimed sensitivity. No differences were observed in clinical, biochemical, psychological and metabonomic parameters following consumption of aspartame in either group.

The FSA's Committee on Toxicity evaluated the results at its meeting in October 2013, and determined that "the results presented did not indicate any need for action to protect the health of the public

http://www.food.gov.uk/science/research/foodcomponentsresearch/t01programme/t01projlist/fs231010

The European Food Safety Authority re-evaluated aspartame as part of the systematic re-evaluation of all food additives authorised in the EU prior to 20 January 2009. All 600 datasets are available publicly. This includes previously unpublished scientific data including the 112 original studies on aspartame which were submitted to support the request for authorisation of aspartame in Europe in the early 1980s.

The EFSA draft report found that aspartame and its metabolites "pose no toxicity concern for consumers at current levels of exposure. The current Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) is considered to be safe for the general population and consumer exposure to aspartame is below this ADI".

Again, do you have evidence to show that the FSA and EFSA are wrong in their findings?
    I saw an article a few months back that said artificial sweeteners go straight to your liver and your liver spends so much time breaking them down its ability to process sugars and fats is adversely affected. I can't find it again, but it makes sense to me.

PubMed and its 24 million+ citations from worldwide biomedical literature says differently.

well when you've been stalled for years, the endocrinologist says it's suddenly difficult to dose your synthroid and 'we're working on it', it only makes sense to color with every crayon in the box. Cutting out artificial sweeteners is one tool. and your snark isn't appreciated. what happened to the 'hide' button
    You obviously have a thyroid issue. But it's not due to the aspartame. More likely your genetics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

You obviously have a thyroid issue. But it's not due to the aspartame. More likely your genetics.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

the long story is, I was stabilized on the med, lost weight, but we didn't adjust the dose fast enough and I stalled. all the advice here said to up calories and reset....well that was a bust since my body started holding on to everything I ate.. now it's a long slog...disgusted with the no lose situation,I killed the sweeteners in February, started to lose again,, then hit my busy time of the year and couldn't maintain decent logging and exercise. Starting again fresh. by the way, you're a HUGE inspiration here.