Soda how long can you go without it?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Virtually never drink soda. We may buy a bottle for family dinners at special holidays, but that is it. For us and our kids it is a treat, and a rare one at that, not a staple.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I don't really drink soda, I don't like it that much. Years ago used to drink diet coke, but now I think it tastes disgusting.

I drink lemonade if I'm ill, for some reason it helps!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    I drink around 3 or 4 cans of Pepsi Mac or Coke zero per week - about the same amount I used to drink in regular sodas pre trying to lose weight.

I have no problems from this whatsoever so no plans to change.

Although I might sometimes go a week or so without any, just works out that way, no reason.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    opinion poll says half of Americans drink no soda ? http://www.gallup.com/poll/156116/nearly-half-americans-drink-soda-daily.aspx
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this sentence "PRINCETON, NJ -- Nearly half of Americans, 48%, report drinking at least one glass of soda per day, while 52% say they normally drink no soda." Is saying they normally drink no soda at all. Reads more to me that they don't normally drink it daily. Not don't drink it ever.
    48% drink it daily, 52% do not - 100% total.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I haven't had soda in years. I mostly drink water throughout the day with a few cups of coffee in between.
  • popbing
    popbing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I probably drink a can a day. Mostly diet though - have pretty much completely cut out the full fat drinks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I stopped cold turkey 2.5 years ago... Haven't missed it since.
  • TheDarkestStar87
    TheDarkestStar87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'll have the odd diet coke when I eat out, or a glass when I come back from a long run (2 hours +) in the summer and desperately need sugar kick. My other half is obsessed with the stuff he'll get though 2 massive bottles a week, plus all sorts of sickly sweet squash he usually drinks...
  • discoveringmyjoy
    discoveringmyjoy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to drink nothing but Pepsi Max and cut it out 5 weeks ago and had such bad headaches from the caffeine withdrawals but I feel so much better without it and less bloated. I still drink it if we are out but its only every now and again.

Good job! It's hard to do! :smile:
  • discoveringmyjoy
    discoveringmyjoy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use to drink them, but don't anymore. If I need caffeine I'll have some tea or coffee. They don't even taste good anymore..
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I haven't had soda since I was in Middle School, such a long time ago x.x I never missed it, either, I was never a fan of the carbonation, it just felt uncomfortable to me xP I am more than happy with water, hot chocolate, and coffee!
  • virelay129
    virelay129 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Gave it up in 2009. Had BAD flu in 2012, SO gave me a ginger ale, which I promptly threw up (flu). Nothing else since 2009 though.