Soda how long can you go without it?

Options

Replies

• JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I drink it everyday. Not a full 2 liter a day like I used to but i'll have a few sips.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I like Coke when I have pizza, so once a month or so. Last weekend I was suddenly craving root beer for some reason so I had some. I've never been a huge pop drinker though.
  • Canwehugnow
    Canwehugnow Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I haven't had soda in almost 4 months
  • yourstrulynancy
    yourstrulynancy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Ok so far a few sips does no harm very tempted to have a sip but will continue to go cold turkey until im down a few more pounds im a stay at home mom with a one year old so the soda sitting in there can turn from a sip to two cups easily
  • Nyappykim
    Nyappykim Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I went from drinking a can or two of Sprite every day to none at all. It's been 2 months now and I have not touched any soda at all. Maybe one day I'll treat myself when I go out to eat, but for now, I enjoy being soda-free (:
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I don't care much for soda but usually a few times a year I'll get a craving for either Coke, Dr. Pepper, or a cream soda.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ok so far a few sips does no harm very tempted to have a sip but will continue to go cold turkey until im down a few more pounds im a stay at home mom with a one year old so the soda sitting in there can turn from a sip to two cups easily

I assume you don't like diet soda? No need to cut it back so much as it is basically zero calories. Unless of course you are worried about the caffeine.
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    I used to drink nothing but Pepsi Max and cut it out 5 weeks ago and had such bad headaches from the caffeine withdrawals but I feel so much better without it and less bloated. I still drink it if we are out but its only every now and again.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have about one a year. After I heard that many sodas have phosphorus and leech calcium from your bones, I decided it was only an occasional treat item.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a San Pellegrino a couple times a week. In the past 18 months, I think I've had 2. So to answer your question, a really long time. I just don't care enough for it to waste my calories. I'd much rather have something else (like my evening glass of wine) instead.

San Pellegrino is great.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Gave up sodas several years ago. Prior to that, used to have at least 2 Mtn. Dews a day. The only thing I will occasionally have now is a Butterscotch Cream Soda, and I can usually only find those during the fall at one of the local organic grocery stores.
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    my entire life, soda is nasty
  • yourstrulynancy
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

I assume you don't like diet soda? No need to cut it back so much as it is basically zero calories. Unless of course you are worried about the caffeine.
    Your assumption is correct diet is soda is great until you're done i loathe that after taste it's sugarey and unsatisfactory to my taste buds I just wind up drinking water after and no caffeine isn't much of a big deal as I have found new ways to boost my energy I actually don't even drink coffee
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have a few cans of Dr. Pepper each week and you will have to pry them out of my cold dead hands before I give them up! I just make it fit my overall calorie goal.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Used to L O V E it. Wild Cherry Pepsi is first choice, then Coke. It's too addictive for me (whether it is or isn't actually, is for another thread, it was just a word I choose to use). So, I've been soda-free for about a year. I had switched over to Soda Stream for awhile, but noticed my weight creeping up when I would have 2 bottles per day. Don't do that anymore and just use it for fizzing water and adding a spritz of lemon or lime, maybe some raspberries. Much better feeling when I just avoid it.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I drink seltzer regularly, diet coke about 5 days a week, and real soda maybe once a month.
  • yourstrulynancy
    Options
    I used to drink nothing but Pepsi Max and cut it out 5 weeks ago and had such bad headaches from the caffeine withdrawals but I feel so much better without it and less bloated. I still drink it if we are out but its only every now and again.
    Yes the bloating is another issue its this nasty feeling I had a a two day headache when I initially stopped but it feels better now that the bloating is gone
  • cynthiarenee64
    cynthiarenee64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was a huge addict of soda. First regular coke then I thought i would be "healthy" and switch to diet coke. Probably consumed about 6 per day. I haven't been drinking soda for about three months now. My weight has not changed at all. I started drinking the SAMS sparkling water and I love it. I crave the carbonation and it does the trick. I enjoy the strawberry, peach and coconut pineapple. They are all zero calories and sodium. No guilt for me on that one. :)
  • yourstrulynancy
    Options
    Used to L O V E it. Wild Cherry Pepsi is first choice, then Coke. It's too addictive for me (whether it is or isn't actually, is for another thread, it was just a word I choose to use). So, I've been soda-free for about a year. I had switched over to Soda Stream for awhile, but noticed my weight creeping up when I would have 2 bottles per day. Don't do that anymore and just use it for fizzing water and adding a spritz of lemon or lime, maybe some raspberries. Much better feeling when I just avoid it.
    Thank u so much for you honesty I was starting to think I'm the only one who's feels like they're going thru some kind of soda rehab lmaooo but for some of us it can become an addiction cold turkey is the way to go
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The only time I drink soda is when I need something to mix with my whiskey, so it's ususally diet ginger ale or diet 7-Up. Other than that, I might have just a plain, old soda to drink maybe three times a year.