Weight gain. Slim to healthy curvy (slim thick)

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    And what happens if you gain weight and it all goes to your stomach? Do other heavier women in your family have the body you want? Where you gain weight is genetic and might not be where you want.
  • ellejaywells
    ellejaywells Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what is "slim thick"?????

I know right?

I think we've all lost our minds to be honest.
    you don't have to be condescending frankly . "slim thick" is a slang or combination of two words meaning slim ( at the waist areas, arms and fit) and thick (curvy, at the thighs,bum and chest). Not all of us desire to gain weight with the purpose of looking like testosterone injected women. When our vocabulary is limited I strongly suggest we refrain from making comments . Any weight gain suggestions?. Thanks.

Right

So you want to change your body type

Go back in time and pick different parents ...it's genetic

Weight gain...eat at a surplus and do progressive heavy weights programme it will take you a few years but you may increase the bulk in your butt/ thighs with a bulking and cutting programme

• kiyapiya
    kiyapiya Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What's your body shape like now ?
    Have you gained weight before ? Where do you see the fat going first ?
  • ellejaywells
    Options
    It's quite evident most of us can't read. Thread indicates "motivation and support" . If anything appears absurd to you leave it to others who can relate . To each his own . And I'm aware of my genetic make up and body type fyi. The point of this "ridiculous" thread was to compare opinions from people who have successful increased muscle mass in those specific areas. Everything is possible.if u dont have a clue.read and skip.dont talk to me like I have no clue what I'm talking about.
  • ellejaywells
    Options
    When I was in my late teens and early 20s, I thought the same thing, too. I was very thin, straight up and down... able to wear the same clothes from junior high. Heck, sometimes I bought clothes in the little girls department because even juniors were too big (this was in the early 90s, and size 0 didn't exist yet).

Then in my mid 20s, BOOM, instant hips, bum and thighs. So my advice is, yes, absolutely eat right and strength train, because you'll never regret that, but also have patience because your body is still developing and changing.

Thank you. Very helpful
  • ellejaywells
    Options
    :)
  • ellejaywells
    Options
    And what happens if you gain weight and it all goes to your stomach? Do other heavier women in your family have the body you want? Where you gain weight is genetic and might not be where you want.

My mum and aunts have skinny waists and more defined curves ,so that's my goal. The weight goes to all the right places.That I'm sure of.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    It's quite evident most of us can't read. Thread indicates "motivation and support" . If anything appears absurd to you leave it to others who can relate . To each his own . And I'm aware of my genetic make up and body type fyi. The point of this "ridiculous" thread was to compare opinions from people who have successful increased muscle mass in those specific areas. Everything is possible.if u dont have a clue.read and skip.dont talk to me like I have no clue what I'm talking about.

the only one who cannot properly read in this thread is you. Several people have told you that you cannot spot increase, or spot reduce; fat/muscle is going to come on and go off where IT chooses not where YOU want.

If everyone could spot reduce then we would all have six packs and muscle in places where we wanted.

support does not equal 100% blind support for ideas that have no foundation in science and nutrition, and it does not mean blindly supporting every OP on MFP.

if you want to "gain" then eat more and lift heavy and the gains will come on where they want.
  • millsrobm
    millsrobm Posts: 62 Member
    Options

Maybe you've posted in the wrong area? This is the weight gain board.

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    what is "slim thick"?????

I know right?

I think we've all lost our minds to be honest.
    you don't have to be condescending frankly . "slim thick" is a slang or combination of two words meaning slim ( at the waist areas, arms and fit) and thick (curvy, at the thighs,bum and chest). Not all of us desire to gain weight with the purpose of looking like testosterone injected women. When our vocabulary is limited I strongly suggest we refrain from making comments . Any weight gain suggestions?. Thanks.

I'm so excited! I've looked up slim thick and I am the slimmest AND thickest person I know! Thanks! YEY!

• DedRepublic
    DedRepublic Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Buy Strong Curves by Bret Contraras

This...weighed hip thrust for the win. Always with the thrusting...and always with the winning.
  • ahayes7768
    ahayes7768 Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    You may not be able to pick where u gain weight however I ran track hard in highschool from like 9th grade till I was 19, I was never a skinny person to begin with but I had buns of steel lol and to make sure I didn't get a flabby stomach (as much as I ran i didn't diet at all so i ate fast food or whatever I wanted which I do not recommend lol) I just did lots of ab exercises as well. Gave me the thick thighs and bum I wanted and the rest of my body looked healthy too. Lol then I had a baby, but that story's is for another time.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options

This...weighed hip thrust for the win. Always with the thrusting...and always with the winning.

+1. I just discovered weighed hip thrusts a couple of weeks ago and I kind of love it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »

+1. I just discovered weighed hip thrusts a couple of weeks ago and I kind of love it.

Mmmhmmm. I'm working some of the Strong Curves stuff into PHUL. Crossing my fingers for a nice gluteal sulcus.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Yup yup.. so much yup ;)
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

the only one who cannot properly read in this thread is you. Several people have told you that you cannot spot increase, or spot reduce; fat/muscle is going to come on and go off where IT chooses not where YOU want.

If everyone could spot reduce then we would all have six packs and muscle in places where we wanted.

support does not equal 100% blind support for ideas that have no foundation in science and nutrition, and it does not mean blindly supporting every OP on MFP.

if you want to "gain" then eat more and lift heavy and the gains will come on where they want.

We can build muscle where we want it. Bodybuilders do it all the time with isolation exercises.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    GiGiBeans wrote: »

We can build muscle where we want it. Bodybuilders do it all the time with isolation exercises.

Ah, so you can get big boobs by exercising; must be why so many bodybuilders never need to get breast implants...

OP, I agree that you can target areas with weight lifting and try and get the best body you can get genetically. Strong curves is a great program for glutes, and I love hip thrusts. Boobs, they can get a little higher by working your pecs, but their size is pretty much dictated by genetics. I have little mammary tissue, they were mostly just fat. Now they're much smaller and because of that, much droopier. It is what it is. Doesn't stop me from lifting.
  • DedRepublic
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »

Follow them up with Dumbell Sumo Wide Leg Box Squats with a 2 sec pause on the bottom. Go Deep and squeeze at the top. Got the wifey on board with a "Glute Only" day a few months ago and OMG!!

By the way...I have a Glute Hamstring day and start with Hip Thrusts. Have them tonight actually...no shame.

Basially we start with Hip Thrust 12,10,10,10 then move to similar workouts in the video below. Having an Aerobic Step helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr-XcuBfllg

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the vid!
  • DedRepublic
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks for the vid!

Anytime!