is drinking water immediately after food really bad

Options
Its said that having water immediate after you had your lunch or dinner is bad.. i dont get a complete feeling till i drink water after my food.. a friend said just gargle with water..but that doesnt help. Is drinking water post food real bad for lose weight or can i continue.

Replies

• praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Many of my friends who are into fitness.. also read online where it says it dilutes your digestive juices.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    What?

No, drinking water after meals is wonderful. I drink a bunch of water before and after all of my meals to help me feel full. Gets things moving along too, ya know?
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i drink water whenever i want. don't seem to have an issue. most people drink something with they're meal so i don't know where they are getting it from ? do u have the website?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Said by whom? And what possible damage can it cause? No, drink water whenever you want.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I've never heard that and it doesn't make sense. Water is a solvent and helps to break down the food you eat.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    It's not bad at all... I even drink water with my meals. That's about the most absurd thing I have ever read... today.
  • praksindiafit
    Options
    https://www.healthxchange.com.sg/healthyliving/DietandNutrition/Pages/Drinking-Water-at-the-Right-Time.aspx

This... and some says that drinking immediately after a meal dilutes / reduces concentration of gastric acids in stomach.Such reduction makes food leave stomach less processed and faster, thus reducing value of the food and increasing amount of food' junk staying in the body.
  • Spyer116
    Spyer116 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You're 60% water to begin with.
    Drinking water before, during, or after any meal or snack of any size, will have no negative effects or consequences.

Its been suggested that drinking up to 2 glasses of water shortly before a meal, will help you eat less. Which is good when you want to lose weight.
    And even if that is completely wrong (which I doubt it), its water, its good for you, you need it. So nothing wrong with doing it anyway
  • praksindiafit
    Options
    ..and btw i am more than happy if all this is wrong info.. cause it gives me a complete feel after i drink water post a meal.
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think (think!) that someone who's had a gastric bypass operation isn't supposed to drink anything with their food, mainly because the stomach is too small to handle it all at once? For someone with a regular stomach this hardly is the case!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    https://www.healthxchange.com.sg/healthyliving/DietandNutrition/Pages/Drinking-Water-at-the-Right-Time.aspx

This... and some says that drinking immediately after a meal dilutes / reduces concentration of gastric acids in stomach.Such reduction makes food leave stomach less processed and faster, thus reducing value of the food and increasing amount of food' junk staying in the body.

That link said nothing useful, and I'd still like to know who these "people say" peeps are.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hogwash!

I particularly love that your profile picture seems to be illustrating the point that this is a huge pile of horse's ar$e.