Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Fitting better in my car!! It never occured to me before that this was something that would be effected
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    My armpits are actual pits and not just a flat area. Shaving got harder..lol

Lol Me too! I was like, jeez, is this really supposed to be this difficult???

Same here. I literally cannot successfully shave my arm pits in the shower anymore. I guess people who were always thin figured it out so I will too.

OMG theres one spot I just cant get to... it drives me insane every time and I end up cutting myself with the razor cause I try so hard to get in there :joy:
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen this mentioned (and I've read the whole thread!), but as I no longer need to pull my shirts down when I stand because they no longer ride up above my hips and bunch up. I just stand and they naturally slide down where they belong :)

This is such a great victory! Also, I don't have to sit with weird posture all the time because I'm afraid of how my fat is sticking out if I lean one way or another.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I bought a pleated skirt. The pleats lay flat for the first time in my entire life. Amazing.
    I make more room for others on public transportation
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm only about 9 lbs down, this time. A few years ago I had lost 34 and was starting to feel pretty good. I guess I just can't really believe that I could ever be "normal sized" so reading these is really great.
  • rontafoya
    rontafoya Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I lost about 40 lbs in the last 18 months, but additionally I gained at least 10 lbs of muscle. I dropped about 9 inches off my waist. The pleasant surprise is I am considerably more attractive to the opposite sex and women treat me differently. I did this mostly for me, to feel better and be healthier, and to have more energy and confidence and like who I see looking in the mirror. So, getting looked at and flirted with is a really nice pleasant surprise.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for very many changes. I've only lost 5lbs in the last month and a half (bear in mind I have a 70-90lbs goal) But a few small things i've noticed:

1)Donuts, pizza, cookies cakes, etc that all my co-workers bring in....no longer very tempting. I literally have a pile of goodies sitting behind me right now. Old me wouldve had like 3-6 servings by now. Current me is like "It looks decent but eh don't want it"

----perfect example to elaborate this, I had chocolate ice cream (Bryers low carb) last night w/ light cool whip......Wasn't satisfied at all. (And i realized how I used to eat like 6 servings in one bowl as a kid--yikes!)

2)I actually like to go outside with my son and partner and try to jog around the neighborhood with them. Even if I am as slow as a snail and run out of breath.

3)Water, like crazy, I rarely reach for a juice/soda/energy drink

4) Naturally happier and getting slightly better sleep

5) I used to make excuses not to go to the gym, now i'm slightly down when I miss my workout. (Aka, I missed it yesterday and feel bad/guilty)

6) Eating healthier isn't a punishment. I love sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, flounder, etc, yum! And some food makes a lot of servings before they even remotely have too many calories

7) There will almost always be dishes in the sink....cooking, eating, cleaning. Vicious cycle when most stuff is fresh or cooked from scratch instead of boxes, freezer meals, or fast food
  • jennlaw89
    jennlaw89 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    40lbs down now and I'm so much happier! I'm just really happy all the time!! :) I used to be so lazy too.. Laying around was my favorite thing to do and now I feel like I need to be up and moving around ALL THE TIME
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Um my jacket sleeves are longer. Either my arms have shrunk in length or I'm smaller somewhere lol
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    At my school when I had a class on the upper floors I would always take the elevator. One flight of stairs I would be out of breath, gasping for air, sweating, and my recovery time was long. Now I always take the stairs, and even going up 2-3 flights of stairs I am not out of breath or just barely. And my recovery time is much quicker. Same thing with gardening. I would get aches and pains after a little while and I would become out of breath. Now this isn't the case.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I just discovered one now that the weather is warmer and I'm not always wearing a coat: my seatbelt uncomfortable rubs against my collarbone. I guess I had padding there before; now I don't.

This is one that I'm noticing as of this week. Also, I'm starting to get knee cap definition!
  • r0bb068
    r0bb068 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    56lb down. Getting really hot and sweating like a tap from my head, would regularly stand outside to cool down. Dreading the weather forecast being a hot sunny day. Well that's changed now, I never get hot as I'm now always cold and I've stopped sweating..... Well that's not including the 30 mins on treadmill :smile: I can relate to nearly all the comments posted in this thread. The main thing is. I feel and look 100% better.. Looking forward to the next 30lb I want to loose. :smiley:
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Another person that loves this thread!! I haven't seen this one but now that I'm 60 pounds down, shaving my legs has become so much easier. I can bend right over and see my ankles. I used to have so many missed hairs, now not so much. Also, I used to get dizzy from being bent over so long. Not anymore!
  • sheknocksonwood
    sheknocksonwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I sit differently - I can now fold my legs under my body, and lean over my knees and rest my head on them (in that way I was always jealous over other people being able to do).

Hip thrusts with barbell is getting increasingly uncomfortable, as padding decreases and the weight on the bar increases.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Sooo many of these!! Bigger eyes now that my face isn't so chubby; easier to wear heels and paint toenails; fitting into every seat without panicking; can't shave my pits as well (lol); bones, bones, bones everywhere; running up and down the stairs several times without getting out of breath; hard seats uncomfortable; and on and on and on. And it's all freakin' wonderful :)
  • Lyn1424
    Lyn1424 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Good work to all!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    My motorcycle is faster B)

That's funny. Really funny!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Ok this is weird. I'm 52. I have never exercised or been into playing sports of any kind, but now I am finally starting to enjoy exercise and even feel antsy if I have to miss a day.

I started at 300, I'm down to 233 and I am shooting for 170.

So today after swimming my husband said let's go into the gym a play a little basketball. My immediate response was to say no and make up an excuse but
    then I went ahead and took a few shots.

Then we started actually playing and when my husband started to block me I got really angry and punched him. Hard. Then I got teary eyed. I was terrified! It was just bizarre.

I realized that the reason I don't play any sports is because I was always the chubby kid in our neighborhood and everyone was mean to me. If I joined the basketball game my brothers and the other neighborhood kids would elbow me and trip my and even step on me when I fell. I have a cousin who would pitch the softball at my head on purpose. If I got on base they would trip me when i started running. There are lots of other examples and I had blocked them all out til now. I'm 52 years old!

It never occurred to me that there was any psychological reason why I was heavy. I'm realized today that I am actually afraid of "jocks", really terrified and that has been controlling my choices for a very long time.

Great insight. You have accomplished lot. <3

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!