Is it just me?

Options

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I don't have any wine. I wish I did. It may have helped me while reading this thread. But I doubt it.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    These type of threads always end up way worse than the average thread with a few trolls/jokers here and there. It only increases the exact issue they complain about in the first place. Thanks, OP. :P
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    dufus12 wrote: »
    And this tells me why I should not get involved in'community'......

I wouldn't avoid the community. It is a really great community. I'd just avoid posting threads complaining about behavior. Especially when you then engage in the behaviour you are complaining about.

Just participate in the threads that interest you. Take what you want and leave the rest.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

I wouldn't avoid the community. It is a really great community. I'd just avoid posting threads complaining about behavior. Especially when you then engage in the behaviour you are complaining about.

Just participate in the threads that interest you. Take what you want and leave the rest.

She%27s_right_you_know_meme.jpg

• angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I see a post that I think I can contribute in, or, at least, am interested in, and then I see the adversity and the sniping .....so I give up, I don't bother posting cos I don't want to get involved in it all.
    Can't just be me, can it????
    nope not just you... in fact i usually just private message the person i want to respond to so some jerk doesn't attack my advice, i'm not a professional but i've lost 80lbs over the course of the last year all on my own so obviously i'm doing something right.
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I see a post that I think I can contribute in, or, at least, am interested in, and then I see the adversity and the sniping .....so I give up, I don't bother posting cos I don't want to get involved in it all.
    nope not just you... in fact i usually just private message the person i want to respond to so some jerk doesn't attack my advice, i'm not a professional but i've lost 80lbs over the course of the last year all on my own so obviously i'm doing something right.

congrats on your weight loss. thats really good
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options

Absolutely this. As forums go these are pretty helpful and mild. If you feel you have something to contribute then post, its a free forum. If you are going to criticise other people with blanket statements, then sometimes people respond. If you feel they are out of order and in breach of the terms of usage then report them.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Holy train wreck

I, for one, still want to know what dufus does for a living, though

And in case we're not all just joking - please, EMT's provide safe transport to the hospital, and treatment along the way if necessary. At least that's what they say on TV...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Op's name is Dufus.
    beavis-and-butthead-laughing-o.gif
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I was a criminal lawyer, Had to give it up due to health issues,
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    LAMCDylan wrote: »
    emily_stew wrote: »
    bulk_n_cut wrote: »

no its not just you, but what's even more amazing is the sheer amount of free time some people have on their hands to constantly engage in countless online arguments
    LMAO so true.

Oh the irony.
    Why are you here then? This post of yours a few up was pretty insulting:
    You're not the only one. I learned that some people here are like this and I just ignore them. The funny thing is none of them really have any qualification to be "know-it-alls" . They think since they've lost a few pounds and/or are in shape they are some type of expert. Aesthetics does not equal health. And I can never understand why it is such a big deal to them how others decide to eat and/or exercise. This alone speaks volumes about them. Anyway, just learn to ignore them they are a tiny ant to you and make no impact in the grand scheme of things.

Truth hurts, deal with it. Wear your big boy/girl pants for once. I am stating the truth and of course it is going to offend the trolls. And I don't give a damn. Have a nice day, you are ignored from here on out. The thing about me is I only need to say what I want to say once and I can leave it alone. The funny thing about people like you is you will keep coming back and argue on and on and on. Do you realize how pointless and useless your arguing is? All you are doing is wasting your time. HAHAHAHA

*whispers*

you are doing everything in this post you accuse others of. It's kind of funny.
    Nope. I never go out of my way or ever have to insult others, troll, etc. But I will be harsh TO trolls. While some people have weak feelings and let others bully them this is something that won't happen to me. And I would be willing to handle it by whatever means I need to. Some of the trolls here are used to being rude and think they can be this way with everyone. And if my posts offend them they can learn to wear their big boy/girl pants and suck it up. My last post, see ya!

I thought you said...paraphrasing...you say it once and then leave it alone...yet here you are again saying the same thing more than once.

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I was a criminal lawyer, Had to give it up due to health issues,

Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best on your weight loss journey :)

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Holy train wreck

I, for one, still want to know what dufus does for a living, though

And in case we're not all just joking - please, EMT's provide safe transport to the hospital, and treatment along the way if necessary. At least that's what they say on TV...

Some of us also provide comedy relief. That's my favorite part of the job.

How could you even drive the ambulance. You're a tiny dog!

Cheeseburgers.
    A-Chihuahua-With-Burger-Shoes.jpg
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, I thought Mr M and I were having some nanter =nasty banter, but not in a bad way......
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I didn't mean to offend anyone, I thought Mr M and I were having some nanter =nasty banter, but not in a bad way......
    So you just wanted to snipe at him and do what you don't like to read in other threads?
    sigh.gif~c200