Greek Yogurt - thank you MFP!

Options
124»

Replies

• leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Try Chobani pomegranate or strawberry - two of my personal favorites :)

I didn't have a good experience the first time I tried greek yogurt - I had Chobani honey once, felt like I was choking it down because I didn't like the taste of it. I then mixed it with about 1/2 cup of Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal and LOVED it!

Another time I bought a single serving of Fage 2% w/ honey.. ate the yogurt side w/ granola wondering why it wasn't sweet only to find the honey in the "handle" part of the container :D

Fage has the better consistency imo, it really reminds me of a good dessert sometimes, but I eat chobani because I got a bunch during a sale a few weeks ago :)
  • k1r5ty23
    k1r5ty23 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Read loads of posts both for and against Greek yoghurt and still not tried it. Will get some next time i'm out see what all the fuss is about!!!????
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I love the plain Chobani with just a little sweetner. So much so that I've not really been inclined to try any of the flavoured versions.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Check this website out!!!

www.crockpt365.blogspot.com , then search Yogurt

I have tried a ton of them from the store and was okay with the Oikos....UNTIL I learned to make it myself. It is less costly and the end result was much better. I had trouble eating the store bought after a few batches of homemade. The difference for me was that I strained it a lot longer and removed some more of the whey. I am not a fan of the heavy tanginess in the yogurt and while that can be reduced by adding lots of sugar(which is not healthy)...I just can't stomach a whole lot of it. So I would suggest an attempt on the homemade. Its easy, only costs ya a gallon of milk, and reduces the whey. If you try this out, strain it for a few hours vs. the suggested half hour. It will be incredibly thick(close to a cream cheese texture) but the results in flavor are glorious!!!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I love the stuff... irrespective of brand, Buy plain then add fruit. Blueberries, Blackberries & Raspberries are my favourite raw, but apricot and strawberry are good if you microwave them to a mush first.

If you have calories to spare, a teaspoon of honey makes a big difference too.
  • milehighcritic
    Options
    I first didn't like the taste of Greek yogurt. Now I prefer the texture and taste over regular or light Yoplait or other major brands. I like Chobani, Trader Joe's and even Brown Cow brands.