Busy mom's fun at home fitness!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,799 Member
    Options
    Mini goal: I'm only .4 pounds away from being under 200 pounds! This is happening
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    That's great progress! Congrats!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo Jill great work!! Reaching a milestone like that really spurs us on to keep at it. I really had to push through 2.5 miles this morning in the rain and 90% humidity.
  • greengladiol
    greengladiol Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    :) I like the idea of doing exercise at home my problem is to find motivation pleas HELP!!!!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    :) I like the idea of doing exercise at home my problem is to find motivation pleas HELP!!!!
    It took some time but I now wake up around 5:40am. This gives me some early morning uninterrupted time to go out and do some roadwork. You can also fit it into your day by turning up the music while doing household chores and dancing around, doing squats while picking up things from the coffee table or floor, or just doing a bit of extra lifting of detergent bottles while waiting for the spin cycle to end.
  • jm216
    Options
    Lizzy, I love your laundry detergent idea!!
  • laurijeffords
    laurijeffords Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I clean and zumba!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Lizzy, I love your laundry detergent idea!!
    I never time it right and go down 3 to 5 minutes before the cycle is over so instead of running up and down the stairs (which is exercise too) I just started picking up the extra detergent bottles.

• jm216
    Options
    I clean and zumba!

Love it Lauri....if you've got to clean, you might as well dance and have fun!
  • jm216
    Options
    I've had some friends ask me what I've done to lose the weight. I try to walk my dog for 30-45 minutes each day after my kids go to school, before I go to work. 10,000 steps is my daily goal.

Then, if there is time, I do Fit Star... The free one. I also crank up music and dance in place while doing housework...dishes, cooking, laundry...sneaking in exercise wherever I can...

Last but not least, i track what I eat...and try to plan my meals ahead. The more veggies you eat, the less calories they are compared to other foods.

My goal is to feel great about myself every day...and losing the weight is the added bonus. Fitness has to be what you like to do, or you just won't do it.

I don't want to be skinny; I want to be a healthier, more energetic me.

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm taking my daughter to work with me today, since it's "Take Your Child to Work Day". She'll be joining me on my morning walk with dog. It's gonna be a great day!
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    My son and I have had many heart to heart conversations on our walks. It is a wonderful way to bond. Enjoy your walk with your daughter.
  • jm216
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    My son and I have had many heart to heart conversations on our walks. It is a wonderful way to bond. Enjoy your walk with your daughter.

<3
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Happy Friday :) I have a 3 mile walk on my RunKeeper Plan tomorrow, hopefully it warms up a little bit.
  • jm216
    Options
    How was your weekend?
  • Mariya_Stewart
    Mariya_Stewart Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I hope I can join you. I have two lovely kids and I love do some of my exercise at home :)
  • Lizzy622
    Options
    Good weekend. I got some more spring cleaning done but broke the broom. So off to buy a new better broom that can handle my strength LOL :D
  • ifely
    ifely Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I'd like to add you to my fitness pal for support and motivation. I'm a Mom of a 1 yr old and three months pregnant. I am trying to find other myfitnesspal buddies who are busy Moms like me that are trying to get regular/ Daily workouts and healthy eating into their busy schedule, seeing other busy moms log in daily is major encouragement. Thanks!

Regards,

-Fely

Ps) thanks for creating this thread! I've sent friend request to some of you already thanks.
  • jm216
    Options
    Hi! I hope I can join you. I have two lovely kids and I love do some of my exercise at home :)

We'd love you to join!
  • jm216
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    Good weekend. I got some more spring cleaning done but broke the broom. So off to buy a new better broom that can handle my strength LOL :D

You must be as strong as Thor!