THE UP3 EXISTS!! IT FINALLY ARRIVED!!

Replies

• LepperMessiah1
    LepperMessiah1 Posts: 102 Member
    edited April 2015
    I guess this is for the USA only, so that's probably the miscommunication.

cxv5y6uevcqy.jpg
  • Tommysmalz
    Tommysmalz Posts: 2 Member
    A member of a Facebook group I'm in has generously offered to send me her Bodymedia Fit and let me use her login to temporarily track it head to head with Up3. I imagine it will be a few days before I get it, but I'm very excited to see how they compare. Until then, I wouldn't cancel a pre-order, but I maybe wouldn't place any new orders until we know more about how accurately it functions.

That is Great, im really looking forward to your Comparison.
  • AlexBulkFit
    AlexBulkFit Posts: 12 Member
    A member of a Facebook group I'm in has generously offered to send me her Bodymedia Fit and let me use her login to temporarily track it head to head with Up3. I imagine it will be a few days before I get it, but I'm very excited to see how they compare. Until then, I wouldn't cancel a pre-order, but I maybe wouldn't place any new orders until we know more about how accurately it functions.

Can't wait for the comparison. That will be the most valuable judgement if the Up3 is worth the money.

I don't know if that makes any difference how the BodyMedia calculates calories burned, but just to be on the safe side make sure to change your friend's account/profile to match your height/weight before using the BodyMedia.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    If it turns out the Up3 doesn't stand up to the Bodymedia, then I'll also be writing a review of the return policy and procedure :smiley:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    randomtai wrote: »
    The more I hear, the more I wish I can just keep my BMF.

TWINS.

sad, disappointed, unhappy, forever bitter at jawbone twins
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    DavPul wrote: »

TWINS.

*nod nod*
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

TWINS.

cV1TWga.gif
  • weavingtheweb
    weavingtheweb Posts: 135 Member
    From the Jawbone blog: Our purpose is to help you develop healthy habits for long-term heart health. Heart rate during workout and heart rate throughout the day are easily influenced by external factors. Resting heart rate on the other hand is devoid of such external influences. And because managing resting heart rate is the single most important thing you can do to improve your cardiac health, that’s what we’ve focused on initially for UP3 and UP4. So out of the box, we will deliver resting heart rate as a measure of heart health. But very soon, we will unlock “passive” and “on-demand” heart rate – both updates that will come over the air – allowing you to see your heart rate at any time throughout the day.
    https://jawbone.com/blog/up3-wearable-heart-rate-monitor/

I just hope they do this before August when it'll be released here and there will be reviews about the updates product
  • LepperMessiah1
    Another day, another bad review. I've decided to cancel. When something as fundamental as the band can't stay on the wrist, what good is calorie tracking or the rest of it? It's like having a Lamborghini with no driver's seat.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    BangoSkank wrote: »
    Another day, another bad review. I've decided to cancel. When something as fundamental as the band can't stay on the wrist, what good is calorie tracking or the rest of it? It's like having a Lamborghini with no driver's seat.

I read a couple reviews myself and won't be getting one either...I have the original Up and I am happy with it and if I do upgrade it will be to the Up24 but I don't see that happening any time soon as my original up is working like a dream and they are selling @68% off on amazon atm.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    From the Jawbone blog: Our purpose is to help you develop healthy habits for long-term heart health. Heart rate during workout and heart rate throughout the day are easily influenced by external factors. Resting heart rate on the other hand is devoid of such external influences. And because managing resting heart rate is the single most important thing you can do to improve your cardiac health, that’s what we’ve focused on initially for UP3 and UP4. So out of the box, we will deliver resting heart rate as a measure of heart health. But very soon, we will unlock “passive” and “on-demand” heart rate – both updates that will come over the air – allowing you to see your heart rate at any time throughout the day.

I just hope they do this before August when it'll be released here and there will be reviews about the updates product

the problem with the resting heart rate theory is that they aren't providing any actionable information. Oh, my RHR is high? Great......now what should I do about it?
  • Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    I really wanted the up3, but same - it looks like I'm sticking with my Fitbit One for now. We'll see how the Up functions in a couple of generations when the technology has advanced to the point that it can deliver on what it promised.
  • LepperMessiah1
    I still believe they could make this current generation live up to its ambitions. I've seen they have other models, with potentially different bands and clasping mechanism, and with some future firmware updates they could really have somehing great. I'm certainly not giving up on them as a company, or even the Up3 as technology, I just won't pay to essentially beta test for them.

Myself, I'm going with the Xiaomi Mi Band. It has the same sleep tracking and smart alarm features as the Up2. And it's waterproof. And the battery lasts 30 days. Oh, and it's less than $20 on Amazon.
  • SnuggleSmacks

the problem with the resting heart rate theory is that they aren't providing any actionable information. Oh, my RHR is high? Great......now what should I do about it?

Not completely true... This morning my resting heart rate was above average and the app told me that can happen when I'm dehydrated and asked me to commit to drinking 8 glasses of water today and presented an easy way to track them. It also pointed out that I slept later than normal, and apparently when I sleep late I get fewer steps that day. The app is the one thing I have been impressed by in all this.
  • LepperMessiah1
    This morning my resting heart rate was above average and the app told me that can happen when I'm dehydrated and asked me to commit to drinking 8 glasses of water today and presented an easy way to track them. It also pointed out that I slept later than normal, and apparently when I sleep late I get fewer steps that day. The app is the one thing I have been impressed by in all this.

That is very cool.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member

Not completely true... This morning my resting heart rate was above average and the app told me that can happen when I'm dehydrated and asked me to commit to drinking 8 glasses of water today and presented an easy way to track them. It also pointed out that I slept later than normal, and apparently when I sleep late I get fewer steps that day. The app is the one thing I have been impressed by in all this.

Yah I like the UP app for it's insights as well...and it seems to be getting "smarter" it is now asking me if I was exercising if it sees a spike in my activity.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member

Is the app only for your phone or is it web based also?

• SnuggleSmacks
    edited April 2015
    earlnabby wrote: »

Is the app only for your phone or is it web based also?

There's no Web app, unfortunately....phone only.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SezxyStef wrote: »

Yah I like the UP app for it's insights as well...and it seems to be getting "smarter" it is now asking me if I was exercising if it sees a spike in my activity.

Mine has started doing this as well. Anything more than a few minutes of walking and it will ask if I was exercising.
  • AlexBulkFit
    AlexBulkFit Posts: 12 Member
    Haha, great.

On the BodyMedia website they already explained why the wrist is not a good location for this kind of fitness trackers. Skin Temperature & Heat Flux sensors are not accurate on the wrist, and it's the same with the Acceleration sensor.

I wish they would have released the "Core 2" that they presented at the CES 2013 in Las Vegas. It would have been all I ever wished for. But then came Jawbone... (Check YouTube if you want to see the "BodyMedia Core 2").

However, hope dies last. So looking forward to the Up3 vs. BodyMedia Fit Link comparison :wink: