Football Talk

Options

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    OK with draft day around the corner this only means Football season is gracing us with another fun filled, bbq-ing, trash talking, screaming, yelling at the TV, winning or losing months. Whose your team? What are your realistic predictions and will you be making it all the way to playoffs this year.
    My team GREEN BAY PACKERS and my prediction..... 14-3 All home games won

Love that you're a sexy female football fan!!! Not so much that your team is the packers...haha. I'm a born and raised Vikings fan...no matter how much they suck from year to year.

I predict that we will at least do better than the Bears!

With Bridgewater at QB and an ok defense, I'll agree. They'll need a few more playmakers on offense. Although, I haven't heard what they want to do with Adrian Peterson yet. They could do very well next year.

You are right. If Patterson Peterson can get going again and work on his routes that would be a big factor! And I assume AP will be playing (hopefully well) since we don't wanna let him go anywhere else lol

Why does the best running back (or arguably at least top 3) in the league need to "work on his routes"?

She's talking about Cordarrelle Patterson, the wide receiver. Or is that a joke?

You caught me *hesitantly laughs with blushing cheeks* - Good one, right?
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Football is what most of the world calls soccer -- I would rather watch a soccer game any day.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    kjm3579 wrote: »
    Football is what most of the world calls soccer -- I would rather watch a soccer game any day.

So then tell us about your team?
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    kjm3579 wrote: »

So then tell us about your team?

http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/
  • s1lv3rFox
    s1lv3rFox Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Indy Colts fan here. I'm definitely excited to see how My team will do this year. We did really well in the Free agent market and I think well end up 14-2 with the favorable schedule.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Patriots all the way :smiley:

So excited to wear my Brady jersey!
  • dawn_noelle29
    dawn_noelle29 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    OK with draft day around the corner this only means Football season is gracing us with another fun filled, bbq-ing, trash talking, screaming, yelling at the TV, winning or losing months. Whose your team? What are your realistic predictions and will you be making it all the way to playoffs this year.

I can think of one game that they aren't going to win at home and it's against my beloved Seattle Seahawks!! :) We're going back to the SB this year and we're going to win in Levi's stadium - take that Niners!

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Atta girl!

Huge Packer fan here... living in Chicago enemy territory.

GO PACK GO!
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Bengals fan here! I love watching the draft, not only for the Bengals, but to see where all the top players go. We have a couple positions of need, so it will be interesting to see which one we fill first. Although I think we have a good team and could possible make the playoffs again, even with a tough schedule this year, I don't have very much, if any faith at all, in Marvin Lewis' ability to get his team ready for a playoff game and victory. So, if we even make the playoffs, I see us going one and done, just like the last four years.
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Big Broncos fan but not as optimistic this year. Don't think Manning will excel in Kubiak's offense. Probably still win 10-11 games and hopefully have a running game that can carry us through the playoffs a lot better than Peyton's right arm.
  • 3athlt
    3athlt Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I root for my hometown team (Cincinnati Bengals, unfortunately) but I mainly root against certain teams (who I won't mention). However, I'm most thankful that after taking a one year break, I'm back in a dynasty fantasy football league again. After being in 17 leagues in 2013 (and commish or co-commish of 4 leagues) I got burned out. I'm SO ready for the NFL Draft, it should be VERY exciting to see how everything plays out! :-)
  • krknobbe10
    krknobbe10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Patriots fan!! Love me some Tom Brady! Hoping for one more superbowl win before he retires but I'm good with last year's win too :)
  • tonileigh820
    tonileigh820 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

Love that you're a sexy female football fan!!! Not so much that your team is the packers...haha. I'm a born and raised Vikings fan...no matter how much they suck from year to year.

I predict that we will at least do better than the Bears!

With Bridgewater at QB and an ok defense, I'll agree. They'll need a few more playmakers on offense. Although, I haven't heard what they want to do with Adrian Peterson yet. They could do very well next year.

You are right. If Patterson Peterson can get going again and work on his routes that would be a big factor! And I assume AP will be playing (hopefully well) since we don't wanna let him go anywhere else lol

Why does the best running back (or arguably at least top 3) in the league need to "work on his routes"?

Haha yes I am talking about the wide receiver Patterson. The only thing Peterson needs to work on is his attitude!

Go Vikes!
  • timmoyoung
    timmoyoung Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about REAL football that we play around the world!

Oh well, American Football isn't very popular here in the UK although there is a rumour that we might be getting an NFL team to play in London as we've sold out Wembley Stadium (90,000) every game.

Personally not a great fan of that idea. I think it should stay in America.

My team? Go hawks! ;)
  • mraudit2000
    mraudit2000 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    my prediction is that the SEC will once again be overrated and they will not win a BCS playoff game again this year.
  • courtneybrooke27
    courtneybrooke27 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Being from Canada, I'm a HUGE CFL fan (Go TiCats!). I've always loved watching NFL but never had a favourite team... this will be my first year as a Bears fan! (If I chose any other team, I think a good friend of mine would disown me... he's hardcore, haha).
    PS - This doesn't change the fact that I think Aaron Rodgers is such a babe.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    my prediction is that the SEC will once again be overrated and they will not win a BCS playoff game again this year.

Do you even watch college football? The SEC is overrated compared to who??
  • cheesechickcc
    cheesechickcc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    micmin2015 wrote: »
    Unreal I'm actually a big Green Bay Packers fan from Maui. I predict them going 15-1. I think they will have a chip on their shoulders after that botched NFC Championship game.

Whose the loss going to be over?