CHALLENGE FOR MAY 2015 -- SAY "NO" TO NO LATE NIGHT SNACKING

Options
April is here already. The year is going by fast!
Another Month -- Another Challenge!!!

"Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

Replies

• merde_il_pleut
    merde_il_pleut Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So... the title of the thread means "say YES to late night snacking." Which I was totally on board with, as a challenge, but I see now that is not the case and I'm a little disappointed.
  • HollyFromTexas
    HollyFromTexas Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this challenge. I'm new to my fitness pal how would I join? For now I'm going to add you as a friend :)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,925 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm looking forward to ending the month on a posititive note plus for the start of May with a bang!!!! :):):)
  • nersteve
    nersteve Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    LNS's... DESTROY me... I'm in. This will help motivate me.
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to ending the month on a posititive note plus for the start of May with a bang!!!! :):):)

^^^ Ditto! This really helped me in April, looking forward to keeping the streak going. :smiley:
  • cblack8
    cblack8 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I tried this and lost track for one of the earlier ones, this time I'm sticking with it! :)
  • rainydayworkout
    rainydayworkout Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'd like to give this a go!
  • HappyTrails7
    HappyTrails7 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    As last month proved, I so need this challenge. Thanks for running it again.
  • GADmom
    GADmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Post dinner is my biggest downfall. Thanks for the encouragement and challenge.
  • TashuaC
    TashuaC Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This sounds great. Late night snacks is a big part of my weight gain.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I NEED to join this challenge. Last month was a complete disaster. Bookmarking!
  • luvmymonkeykids
    luvmymonkeykids Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Definitely in for this. Late evenings are my total downfall.
  • girlschmoopie
    girlschmoopie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was inspired by your thread last month. Although I only saw it last week, I accepted the challenge and logged in my diary as to if I met the challenge the night before. The little success each day is empowering. Thanks for starting this. I'm in for May!
  • patj06
    patj06 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I didn't understand it but I am half asleep, I think you count how many nights you didn't screw up your whole days good eating by raiding the fridge. I scored 1* tonight, no glass of wine, crisps nothing, just my dinner, yoga, water, sleep. I'm shattered!
  • herisf
    herisf Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I really need the support for this, it's a problem for me!
  • judithgreene2014
    judithgreene2014 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Glad the challenge is up and running! I am in again...do we keep running from last month's score or reset for May?
  • judithgreene2014
    Options
    BRaye325 wrote: »

^^^ Ditto! This really helped me in April, looking forward to keeping the streak going. :smiley:

Me too
  • judithgreene2014
    Options
    lamlam2013 wrote: »
    April is here already. The year is going by fast!
    Another Month -- Another Challenge!!!

"Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
    Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
    LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
    Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
    if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

Thanks for keeping us honest
  • bms616
    bms616 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I definitely need this, late night snacks are my struggle! I'm new to this and have been logging my food for the past week, I plan on hitting May strong!
    Good luck!
  • PenvsSword
    PenvsSword Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! The snacking got me bad tonight.