Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    @FluffySandwich and @goddessheatherr
    People who sag their pants WITH A BELT ON!
    Ugh! I just want to walk up to them and yank their pants up. Unfortunately, that is considered assault in Texas.

"Intentionally causing physical contact when the person knows such contact will be considered offensive." *sigh*
  • APeacefulWarrior
    APeacefulWarrior Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @lilaclovebird - I try not to even discuss religion with my brother or sister... they're much more religious, while I'm much more spiritual. They would probably say my open mindedness makes them crazy, lol.
  • BlueSkiesSway
    BlueSkiesSway Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Self-righteous people who thinks the world revolves around them.
  • lovelylightz
    lovelylightz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    People chewing -.- people slurping -.- people crunching -.- one word texts -.- repeating your order over and over and they still get it wrong -.- repeating myself more than once -.- not cleaning after yoself -.- throwing things on the floor -.-
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    @APeacefulWarrior Most likely. They might not call it 'open mindedness' though. My siblings call it a 'lack of knowledge of scripture' or a 'lack of religion' or just plain 'heathenism'.

I call it 'I don't care what you think, feel, or believe about me. I am secure in my faith and I am open to other people and their faith but yours is overbearing, so STFU!' But that's me. :innocent::kissing_heart:
  • ladykate26
    ladykate26 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Cornmuffin wrote: »
    People who park their car in the middle of two spaces so no one will park next to them. Get over yourself, your car is not special.
    aka women

Sexist pigs

• MissRheingold
    MissRheingold Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    TV commercials. Especially those with WHISTLING.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    So I DON'T have to get irrationally angry about this: When people say, "you look good for your age," I reply, Thank you, so do you."
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Badly dubbed tv adverts.
    Scripted 'reality' tv e.g. made in Chelsea. Actually all reality tv.
    Men in skinny jeans, especially if that's paired with smart shoes and no socks.
    Festival 'fashion' articles. L
  • BowHunter1967
    BowHunter1967 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Automated Telephone things. "Say yes or no:" ... No.
    "I didn't hear your response, say yes or no": ....NOOOOO! "I didn't hear your response, ending call now, have a nice day"
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Automated Telephone things. "Say yes or no:" ... No.
    "I didn't hear your response, say yes or no": ....NOOOOO! "I didn't hear your response, ending call now, have a nice day"

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^ OMFG! I need to go for a run just to get this anger out. :rage: Just THINKING about it makes me SO ANGRY!!!! :rage:
  • KandieCarmella
    KandieCarmella Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Stupidity... So about 90% of human beings...
  • ladykate26
    ladykate26 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    ladykate26 wrote: »
    Cornmuffin wrote: »
    People who park their car in the middle of two spaces so no one will park next to them. Get over yourself, your car is not special.
    aka women

Sexist pigs

:'(

I am excellent at parking my car and I am Definitely a woman!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Size zero women who complain about how "fat" they are.

What should my response be?
    1. "Yes, you are a horrible fat pig.".
    2. "No, you are size ZERO, SHUT THE F UP.".
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    People who abuse or neglect animals and refuse to spay or neuter their animals! Idiots!

Also when you go to an empty movie theater and the next people who come in have to sit right next to you, in front of you or behind you. WHY?

Also, people who talk to themselves in grocery stores. Very annoying!

Oh, and I hate when someone waves to you, you wave back, and then realize they were waving at the person behind you! Oops!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Seeing the same topics show up over & over here on MFP as new people come aboard, but don't bother to use the
    search function or even read the #$)%(!@%& thread titles in some fora.
    Or they post in a completely unrelated forum.
    Or their intro post is one word: "hi".

People who use "loose" instead of "lose". (Or pretty much any misspelling, really.)

People who use "starvation mode" without understanding what it really is. Here's a really good article about the reality.

People who say "fat weighs more than muscle".
    People who believe it.

People who think anecdote outweighs scientific research.

People who ignore or deliberately misread/misunderstand research. (I gave links to several studies saying that eating
    a large breakfast, medium lunch, and small dinner leads to more weight loss than the other way around, which is
    the typical US plan), and somebody said, "well, I guess I should gain back the 154 lb I lost!". Um, no, obviously what
    you did worked OK. What the research is saying is that it could have been faster, or easier.
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    The phrase coming down the pike. I know it is valid, but i've always known it as coming down the pipe and whenever i hear the former i want to punch the person in the face.
  • MKEgal
    Options
    LisaMahlet wrote:
    The use of the word retarded... in reference to someone who isn't.
    Just had a conversation about this a couple days ago.
    I wouldn't use it to describe a person, because that's seen a wrong & insensitive, not PC.
    I do use it to describe my phone, which is a fairly old model and its processing speed isn't speedy.
    In other words, it's slow.
    Retarded = slow.
    I'm using the word correctly.
    But I still wouldn't say it outside of a few people who know me & understand that I mean it it the
    literal sense of the word, and am using it correctly, and would not use it as an insult.
  • MKEgal
    Options
    Stupidity... So about 90% of human beings.
    Depends on the person's IQ.
    To someone in Mensa, 98% of the population is less smart.
    To someone in Intertel, 99% of the population is less smart.

Dealing with someone of average intelligence would be like someone of average intelligenge dealing with
    someone who has an IQ of 70 or less... which is very frustrating. (That's about 2 SD above & below the median.)
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    This thread annoys me now. People can't speak their minds without being categorized as sexist, racist, retarded or whatever.