Making Salmon More Palatable

13»

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Husband also made a grilled salmon fillet, with a lemon cream caper sauce, served over spaghetti noodles. A little heavier meal, lots of butter and cream, but for a splurge, it was absolutely amazing. I'm daydreaming about it now...
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Mix together some honey, soy or tamari sauce, garlic, and lime juice. Poor it on the salmon, bake in the oven at 350. I usually do it for 10-12 minutes for one fillet, but I like my salmon somewhat undercooked... I prefer not to cook it on the stove in a skillet because I find the fishy smell goes everywhere and I live in a small apartment.

That being said if you don't like the taste of salmon, then don't eat it! There are plenty of other fish...
  • smboardsEE
    smboardsEE Posts: 2 Member
    I have one foolproof method for salmon, tastes amazing.

Take a boneless fillet of salmon, place it in oven tray, skin down. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, ground smoked paprika and turmeric, don't skimp on paprika and turmeric. Turbo grill (grill with circulating hot air) for 35 minutes from cold start. This will taste like perfection.

• ChipChocolatePancake
    ChipChocolatePancake Posts: 77 Member
    When I was a kid and didn't like fish, my dad used to make crab cake mix, but instead of baking the crab cakes on their own, he would put a pile of the mix on top of a piece of salmon, and then baked it as he normally would. It was amazing! Of course, I grew up in Maryland, so I might be overly obsessed with crab to begin with. Still, eating it that way for years taught me to love salmon. Just make sure to use plenty of Old Bay!

Another way that I recently had some wonderful salmon was at a friend's house. It was marinated in pesto, and then topped with more pesto as it was cooking. Absolutely delicious!
  • loisseau
    loisseau Posts: 14 Member
    A wonderful way to cook salmon:

Preheat oven to 375F

Prepare and mix in a bowl the following:

3 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion
    1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Place 4 (1/2-lb) pieces center-cut salmon fillet with skin (1 inch thick) in a ziplock bag with the marinade for 25-30 min. Remove from pieces from the bag, and place skin side down on a shallow pan lined with aluminium foil.
    Bake for 20mins @375 F; the salmon will slide off its skin with a spatula. Serve with a corn, tomato, and black bean salad. Yum!