To the people who have a "terms and conditions" in their 'about me' for people adding them..

Options
livbridgex
livbridgex Posts: 43 Member
edited May 2015 in Chit-Chat
JUST WTF

cracks me up every time I go on someone's profile and they're like "DON'T BOTHER ADDING UNLESS..."

'1. You drop me a comprehensive coherent message stating 10 legitimate reasons I should consider befriending you on this account whereby it doesn't really matter how many friends I have whatsoever.
2. After you've posted the said message, and if the stars align in time, or the touch of God caresses my face that day, or you're goddamn lucky that you picked a day I'm feeling generous and I SOMEHOW accept your request, you MUST update every single day because there's nothing worse than "inactive people" who make no difference to my life OR newsfeed, so therefore I will delete you in my once-a-month cleanse. You don't wanna be that guy. You don't want me to delete you, do you? You don't want somebody you don't know/never met/never will meet to delete you in virtual-internet-life, do you?
3. SO, you've got past the messaging and accepting process, and you remain to update DAILY, you've then gotta praise my *kitten* and shower me in compliments, singin hallelujah every time I post a status and express your gratitude by being damn thankful that I accepted you.
4. Eventually, after this long and gruelling process, IT WILL BE WORTH IT. It will make ZERO difference to either of our lives although my big head may very well explode and I will die... so then I will have to delete you. Make sure I don't die is another one of your responsibilities as a MFP friend. You don't want my blood on your hands now, do you?
5. I look forward to your applications."

Like STFU man you ain't Kanye West or Paris Hilton lookin for a new BFF on MTV. ur just a nobody with a MFP account LIKE THE REST OF US.
Don't like someone adding you, DON'T *kitten* ACCEPT EM
JESUS CHRIST

Replies

• greco16
    greco16 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    <3
  • livbridgex
    Options
    <3
  • elena1025
    elena1025 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's not that serious... Lol I'll add anyone and accept anyone because I like the motivation and like seeing what others are having challenges with and how they got passed them.
  • livbridgex
    Options
    lol I've genuinely seen people's profiles like that and clicked straight back off.. Me too, I accept everyone, I don't care about the friend list/popularity thing! So long as people are nice and friendly :)
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wow, you care a lot about this. It must be very upsetting to you.
  • livbridgex
    Options
    lol it keeps me awake at night
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't want to be friends with everyone on here. Just like I don't want to be friends with everyone in real life, or the whole world on Facebook.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    Poor baby
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    My condolences, OP.
    Sorry you are going through such a tough time in your life.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I have seen them like that. But it's none of my business how they select people it's their weight loss journey not mine. I will keep my open door policy for my friends and if they don't want to be part of my journey that's fine.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    6IAPwW5.gif
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    It's a vetting process.

If someone can't read and follow simple instructions posted on my profile, (your examples are extremely exaggerated for the most part) then clearly they are a.) too stupid or b.) too lazy comply and are therefore not worth my time.

I also explain why I require a message with FRs, because if I don't know who the hell you are, it's creepy to get a request from a complete stranger without knowing where they found me. Also I like to know why I sparked someone's interest, because if they expect me to sexy-talk with them, send nudes, or be their nanny/cheerleader, I know better than to accept.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Can't tell if OP is trolling or just really mad that someone didn't accept their friend request....
  • livbridgex
    Options
    Just had to get it off my chest yano, it's cool not everyone wants to be friends on here or want a simple 'hello' message so you're not a troll/creeper but I've seen people's 'about me' that are FILLED with terms and conditions on being friends like wat
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I definitely don't want to be friends with everyone on here. Just like I don't want to be friends with everyone in real life, or the whole world on Facebook.
    Poor baby

Ditto both of these.

A friend request with a 'hi! you seem pretty cool/awesome/quirky/craycray to me', just shows that they've at least read your profile, not just clicked without thinking. I actually like to give attention to people who are on my list, like actually reading diaries and commenting.

Unlike what facebook has taught us, to support people on here actually means more than just liking every post that comes up in your timeline.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    livbridgex wrote: »
    Just had to get it off my chest yano, it's cool not everyone wants to be friends on here or want a simple 'hello' message so you're not a troll/creeper but I've seen people's 'about me' that are FILLED with terms and conditions on being friends like wat

How about you mind your business and they mind theirs. I can't imagine getting so panty-twisted over something so stupid. Have a cookie or something, you sound hungry.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options

I feel like there just aren't enough hugs in your life.

You'll find friends; apparently non-selective ones...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

...and this bothers you because...?
  • livbridgex
    Options

haha maybe there aren't!! Yeah I will, I'm pretty new I just don't get the terms and conditions thing, I've got some people on here who are nice and don't expect me to jump through hoops for a friend request :) I thought it was all about supporting one another and being friendly not a popularity contest!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

haha maybe there aren't!! Yeah I will, I'm pretty new I just don't get the terms and conditions thing, I've got some people on here who are nice and don't expect me to jump through hoops for a friend request :) I thought it was all about supporting one another and being friendly not a popularity contest!

It's not a popularity contest. There are just so many people on here and I like to be able to keep track of my friends, and though I like to help people...I tend to like to be friends with people who have a bit of a clue.