Glitch in the system

Options
I was told that calories don't count towards weight gain during holidays and major social events. I went to a Derby Party this weekend and I've gained about 8 lbs in error. Who do I talk to at MyFitnessPal to get those lbs taken back off?

Replies

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    Bitokos wrote: »
    I was told that calories don't count towards weight gain during holidays and major social events. I went to a Derby Party this weekend and I've gained about 8 lbs in error. Who do I talk to at MyFitnessPal to get those lbs taken back off?

I think there is a form to fill out, but I don't have the link off hand. I'm wondering if I have a similar error from the weekend, I wasn't actually celebrating the Derby, but I did eat a lot of Asian snack food and the scale is up 3 lbs.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    It was my birthday this weekend, so I'm in the same boat with ya'll. Maybe if we row a little harder, we'll get to an answer?
  • Dave55412
    Dave55412 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bitokos wrote: »
    I was told that calories don't count towards weight gain during holidays and major social events.

I can't wait for the 4th of July cookout! I'm totally going to gorge!!!!

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Talk to your water bottle, because unless you ate 28000 calories at a party, you didn't gain 8 pounds of body mass. Flush out that sodium and you'll be fine.
  • kristenmgraham
    kristenmgraham Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you find one, will you please let me know? It was my birthday on Saturday and my scale is now reading 3 lbs heavier... I'm not impressed.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Equus5374 wrote: »
    It was my birthday this weekend, so I'm in the same boat with ya'll. Maybe if we row a little harder, we'll get to an answer?

Same here. Didn't anyone ever tell MFP that birthday calories aren't supposed to count?
  • prettywingss04
    prettywingss04 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I did a race this weekend and my scale is up as well. I did a great burn but the scale says otherwise. I look forward to getting that link so I can fix this issue.
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Also, calories don't count if you eat in the closet with a blanket over your head... :o
  • simkinsver
    simkinsver Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    calories count whenever you eat them...period. otherwise, your body wouldn't be metabolizing anything ;-)

However.... 3lbs in one weekend? 8lbs? these are unrealistic numbers when it comes to body mass gain. (fat, muscle or eitherwise). To gain 3lbs in one day- you'd have to eat over 10,500 calories- and your stomach would probably explode before you reach 8,000!

More likely the weight gain you have is a combination of what you haven't pooped out- and what liquid your body is refusing to let go of due to the sodium content in what you ate. The only cures for that are to get back on track, and keep drinking plenty of liquids (water). Within 3-5 days your body will get rid of the excess and you'll see what you *really* gained.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I always heard they don't count as long as you don't log them. Grazing calories are freebies :wink:
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Folks, it's a joke :D
  • Bitokos
    Bitokos Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know it is mostly water and I took the two most extreme points I could. One was after a Ripped Class then running for a while so I was pretty dehydrated despite drinking water.(I sweat a TON) 189lbs

The other was at the end of the night on Sunday night full of two night of Beer, Brats and Hamburgers and the scale said 202lbs. I know that's more then 8lbs but I knew people would think that big a swing was too crazy. The thing is I can lose 5 lbs in a 1 hour workout while drinking as much water as I can. So the 189 is probably more like 194-195.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Send a message to @Bitokos.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    I may be speaking out-of-turn here, but I believe that you'll need to pay for MFP Premium service in order to get this addressed. At the very least, you're contacts to the help desk will be placed into the queue with all of the other Premium folks, and will be worked when they get'roud to it (as opposed to non-paying members who's cries for help will be left until the very last.)

• girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I may be speaking out-of-turn here, but I believe that you'll need to pay for MFP Premium service in order to get this addressed. At the very least, you're contacts to the help desk will be placed into the queue with all of the other Premium folks, and will be worked when they get'roud to it (as opposed to non-paying members who's cries for help will be left until the very last.)

This is a good suggestion.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I escalated your request to staff, they're having a meeting about it right now.

lolbrary.com_41698_1386353165.gif
  • Bitokos
    Bitokos Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I ended up getting through to a guy. He said I need to fill out Form 107B, but then since it is after April I have submit supplemental Form 537(r). Now once that is complete, I will be in the queue to obtain Form 923(a).
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I am going to have the biggest, saltiest, tastiest order of skin-on, hand-cut, fried-in-peanut-oil french fries when we go on vacation. I am shamelessly going to dip them in not one, but two sides of white cheese sauce into which I'll stir sriracha sauce.

Not one single calorie is going to count. I still can't figure out how to log it, though.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    I escalated your request to staff, they're having a meeting about it right now.

lolbrary.com_41698_1386353165.gif

YAY! KITTIES!