Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    <
    My avatar is of the lightsaber I built a couple of weeks ago, HAPPY STAR WARS DAY!

I came on this thread at work specifically to say "May the fourth be with you AOJ!". Okay...back to work.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Ameengyrl wrote: »
    I recently changed my activity level to sedentary and I'm given 1700 a day... I admit my logging isn't as tight because I hate seeing I'm in the red! I gotta figure this out!

I wish I was given 1,700 before exercise. That's close to my maintenance amount. The pains of being short...

Mine is closer to 1500 before exercise.
    zbb2dea74trs.gif
    ptx7gjiahox2.gif
    h6v4xe78eggq.gif

I actually just looked it up: MFP gives me 1,200 before exercise and 1,570 to maintain. *cries*

IIFYM gives me 1,370 for exercise 5 days/week (1,411 for 6) and a TDEE of about 1,800. For sedentary, my TDEE is 1,500.

My TDEE is around 1550 to maintain if I'm sedentary. That's why I am so committed to being active, because 1550 is not how I want to eat in maintenance if I can avoid it.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

I'm sorry you guys are going through that. Positive thoughts to your family. My mom has had cancer 4 times, so I know how scary it is, even when the prognosis seems to be good.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

So sorry! It's so difficult/scary to deal with parental health issues.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry :/

Sending positive thoughts your way that he makes a full recovery.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I went over my cals Saturday by *at least* 4,000... used the excuse that it was "the last weekend of my twenties"...

Thing is, Saturday morning I was only 1.6 lbs from my goal weight... and my goal was to be that weight by Wednesday for my birthday :/

Ah well... Still could happen I suppose, but I'll not hold my breath. It was a lovely weekend, though.

Happy Birthday!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I love when people get into heated "discussions" on these forums, I just sit back and let them go at it and take away the parts I want. The peope I can't handle are the people who throw in their "bullying" comments (and add nothing useful to the discussion about the OP). It's NOT bullying!! People are allowed to disagree and if someone disagrees by calling names and throwing around immature comments then that's STILL NOT BULLYING-- it's just being a huge, immature, a**!!! Rant over :)

Edited for spelling.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Introducing Premium!

A $50/yr you can keep that chit. For real. >_<
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie - Thanks for sharing! I always wondered how it would work. It sounds like you really work at it and it works for you!
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Introducing Premium!

But you can set custom macros. Which I already have done?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Introducing Premium!

But you can set custom macros. Which I already have done?

Yep. Glad I beat that rush. LOL
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    This is the ad on the side of my MFP right now, and it is making me a little uncomfortable...

770ffe62-580d-423a-bad3-d9d3fe3aa8a2_zpshk3pjq5x.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    This is the ad on the side of my MFP right now, and it is making me a little uncomfortable...

LOL WTH?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I love when people get into heated "discussions" on these forums, I just sit back and let them go at it and take away the parts I want. The peope I can't handle are the people who throw in their "bullying" comments (and add nothing useful to the discussion about the OP). It's NOT bullying!! People are allowed to disagree and if someone disagrees by calling names and throwing around immature comments then that's STILL NOT BULLYING-- it's just being a huge, immature, a**!!! Rant over :)

Edited for spelling.

Ok one more post before I go back to work. I think the back and forth is funny but then when it gets nasty I leave. I really don't like when it gets nasty. And I don't like when people go on the attack on someone (unless they truly are stupid... not judging). That is why I mostly stay on this thread or ones that are similar.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear that! Good vibes and prayers your way!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Good heavens. I'm so happy I was able to put AdBlock on my work computer. All of my ads before then were in spanish...THAT..is the most interesting one I've ever seen though.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

So sorry, but they have very effective treatments for cancer now, and when they say the prognosis is good, it usually is.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Introducing Premium!

OH yes.

Unless the script I used to enter my macros in gram is fixed or a new one is made, I'm just going to enter my macros goals into the food notes.

I can't believe they'd expect me to want to pay that much for "premium", especially with the app's "improved" macro / micronutrient breakdown

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope things work out for you and your family.

• laurinpinpin
    laurinpinpin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I confess I had too many calories this weekend that I didnt log... had some appies at a party too hard to track how much you ate....