What's your secret!!

Options

Replies

• miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Well, all you did is express how much you disapprove of the philosophy. That's your opinion and fortunately it bears no weight. This could be a productive conversation, if people were genuinely interested in my original answer, but it has been made into a boring discussion with a lot bullying and badgering by many of the usual suspects. Typical. Bye.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »
    Isn't exercise just helping create a calorie deficit too? Why bash someone just because she said eating a certain way was part of their journey to weight loss? Several people on here are making it sound like there is just one right answer. The math may be the same for all, but journey most certainly is not.

Sexystef, why don't you answer my second question here?

Who is bashing?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Well, all you did is express how much you disapprove of the philosophy. That's your opinion and fortunately it bears no weight. This could be a productive conversation, if people were generally interested in my original answer, but it has been made into a boring discussion with a lot bullying and badgering by many of the usual suspects. Typical. Bye.

Bullying?

19789999.jpg
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Well, all you did is express how much you disapprove of the philosophy. That's your opinion and fortunately it bears no weight. This could be a productive conversation, if people were generally interested in my original answer, but it has been made into a boring discussion with a lot bullying and badgering by many of the usual suspects. Typical. Bye.

Oh got it

spongebob-butthurt.gif

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

not disapprove more of a don't believe in it..as it has been proven time and time again paleo does not guarantee weight loss.

It can't be productive as you refuse to even admit you don't eat "strict paleo" with the chocoate and ham etc.

And if I am not correct you started the poking not NDJ. His was
    lol
    I lost significant weight before I ever counted a calorie by choosing the the Paleo WOE. So you can "lol" away until your food scale breaks.

but again no definitive list of paleo approved foods...this is why this discussion will never be productive...Paleo people never produce.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

the bullying train is never late, and that is just a fall back because you don't want to answer questions about paleo.

sorry but disagreeing with your premise about paleo is not "bullying or bashing". I find it ironic that you are complaining about "badgering" when you were attempting to name call people that called you on paleo being a "secret for weight loss"...

When you asked a member a question they provided you a direct answer; however, you were asked several times for a list of foods that you ate when doing Paleo and refused to answer....
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    kvanae wrote: »
    Tell me what has been successful for you on your weight loss journey!!

Discipline + goals that are separate from the number on the scale.

Well, that and realizing there isn't One Truth Path. For example, more or less eliminating some groups/type of foods is flat out easier than "moderation" - for me. For others, not so much. It's important that you find the path that minimizes the PITA-ness of adherence for YOU.
  • csmullins78
    csmullins78 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow... Why do so many posts devolve into diet bashing? Yes, there needs to be a calorie deficit to lose weight, but how one achieves this deficit will be unique to the individual.

Now, to answer the OP...

I haven't figured out yet what really works for me. In the past, I tried to restrict to 1200 calories a day and could do this for months at a time. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sustain this long-term. Then, I'd binge and put the weight back on really quickly.

Now, I am taking my TDEE and reducing it by 20% for a calorie goal of 1600. I'm also doing Piyo to help strengthen my body. My hope is that I will lose weight slowly and consistently. Right now, I am not being strict with what I eat, although I am trying to consume more protein since I will eat a diet almost completely devoid of protein if I allowed myself to simply eat whatever I was craving at the time.
  • cottony
    cottony Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Not eating after 7 PM. Less sugar.
    Positive attitude.
  • dredremeg
    dredremeg Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Reading the community board daily is my secret, it keeps me motivated.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    cottony wrote: »
    Positive attitude.

what does not eating after 7pm have to do with weight loss?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Positive attitude.

Toxinz.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Positive attitude.

The food goes straight to fat because the digestive system doesn't work while you sleep. Basic science.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Positive attitude.

I do those, too. I generally stop at 6pm, actually.

It's not "necessary", but for some of us keeping to an eating window is an effective way of meeting calorie goals.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options

the bullying train is never late, and that is just a fall back because you don't want to answer questions about paleo.

sorry but disagreeing with your premise about paleo is not "bullying or bashing". I find it ironic that you are complaining about "badgering" when you were attempting to name call people that called you on paleo being a "secret for weight loss"...

When you asked a member a question they provided you a direct answer; however, you were asked several times for a list of foods that you ate when doing Paleo and refused to answer....

I was asked to provide a list, randomly and in a mocking tone. The list of foods one can eat on a Paleo/primal/ancestral/Weston A Price diet like mine is crazy long. It's more about food quality, source, and what one is omitting from their menu. I think feeling better helps with weight loss because you can overcome the fatigue that inhibits activity. So, a deficit is great and a deficit while feeling vibrant is even better!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    kvanae wrote: »
    Tell me what has been successful for you on your weight loss journey!!

This is individual opinion. If something works for someone, good for them. Unless something is known to be blatantly unhealthy(anorexia, bulimia, eating 400 calories a day, etc.) is there a need to challenge it? I think that not eating past a certain time is ridiculous. But if it helps someone stick to their calorie goal, more power to them. It works for them. That's the whole point of the thread, right?

Quit being reasonable. It's more fun to mock people who do things differently and then pretend we were just having a normal conversation and everyone is just butthurt!
  • ndj1979
    Options

I was asked to provide a list, randomly and in a mocking tone. The list of foods one can eat on a Paleo/primal/ancestral/Weston A Price diet like mine is crazy long. It's more about food quality, source, and what one is omitting from their menu. I think feeling better helps with weight loss because you can overcome the fatigue that inhibits activity. So, a deficit is great and a deficit while feeling vibrant is even better!

how do you know it was mocking? You can read into that based on a typed response?

oh, and no one wanted a complete list, just a sample, so feel free to provide it....
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Oh geez. Do whatever works for you, what's up with all the diet bashing?? Does it make you feel better about yourself?? :o

Personally, I enjoy eating very frequently throughout the day so I choose low calorie foods so I can eat more of them. :)
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The op asked what our secret was, I answered what worked for me, didn't preach. I didn't even choose the lifestyle for weight loss; I had medical reasons, but weight loss was a very welcome side effect.

So same as for us...your calorie deficit makes you lose weight. Not eating a specific diet as Paleo

Not always true. The "style" of diet does play a factor when you consider that Paleo doesnt allow for any sort of "fake" or "artificial" ingredients. I was on a more reg Americanized diet with calorie deficit and only lost a few lbs, then ended up starting to gain more. I finally figured out if I wanted my weight fixed, I needed to fix the inside of my body, their cells, blood, organs, etc Then the weight would take care of itself.

Some people can successfully loose weight with a reg diet, or any diet out there, but that doesnt mean that anyone can. Everyones bodies are diff and what works for some doesnt always work for the next.
This discussion has been closed.