Eating less and moving more no loss

Options

Replies

• FarmingCozy
    FarmingCozy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I
    jemhh wrote: »
    All you eat all day long is 7 eggs and a chicken thigh?

Yes. Every now and again I'll get "adventurous" and add 2 or three strips of bacon. Other than that its my meal. And as we speak I'm enjoying two farm fresh eggs. :)

Why?

Why what?

Why would you eat such a massively unvaried & restrictive diet?

Maybe because I like it?? I've eaten on "diet plans" far more restrictive than my normal eating. Its just what I like I can eat the same things everyday and not get tired of it.
  • FarmingCozy
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

Yes. Every now and again I'll get "adventurous" and add 2 or three strips of bacon. Other than that its my meal. And as we speak I'm enjoying two farm fresh eggs. :)

Why?

Why what?

Not to mention complete lack of many nutrients, fiber, etc.

I take magnesium citrate to get things moving down there when the pips clog up ( not to be gross) Nothing else seems to work.

• FarmingCozy
    Options

And raw milk too.

Yeap love my raw milk. I'll have a glass in the morning and sometimes in the evening. But mostly water, I HATE soda's.

How big is your glass?

If you don't measure your food, there is no way of knowing how much you are really eating.

Its just a standard glass cup.

The chicken thighs come in a package I just take one skin it, cook it and eat it. The eggs I just take however many I'm going to use. I don't understand how I can measure that?

• Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    How long have you been eating <1200 calories?
  • KingoftheLilies
    KingoftheLilies Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Maybe because I like it?? I've eaten on "diet plans" far more restrictive than my normal eating. Its just what I like I can eat the same things everyday and not get tired of it.

I'd like to eat nothing but buttered pasta for the rest of my life, but clearly that would be sub-optimal for good health.

You need a varied & balanced diet. As someone just stated, you are missing out on a huge proportion of fundamental nutrients.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

And raw milk too.

Yeap love my raw milk. I'll have a glass in the morning and sometimes in the evening. But mostly water, I HATE soda's.

How big is your glass?

If you don't measure your food, there is no way of knowing how much you are really eating.

The chicken thighs come in a package I just take one skin it, cook it and eat it. The eggs I just take however many I'm going to use. I don't understand how I can measure that?

Is it an 8 ounce glass? Calories counts vary a bit, but 8 ounces of raw milk is probably 160-190 calories. That's around 800 calories just from your eggs and your milk (assuming two 8 ounce servings, it could be more -- I have glasses that hold much more than 8 ounces). You don't seem to be weighing your meat, so you'll have to account for those calories. Are you eating the eggs plain or cooking them in fat?
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I ran your numbers just to check. Your BMR is 1531. That's what you need to just lay there and do nothing, basic body functions like breathing, heart beating, etc. So to eat less than this isn't wise. Your TDEE is 2105. Take a cut from that, but not too dramatic. You'll see results on the scale, your body will thank you as will your metabolism.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • FarmingCozy
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    First, why you would only eat 800-1200 calories, or realistically, why would you aim to eat the little. With 23lbs to lose and being active, you probably need closer to 1500-1700 pre-exercise. MFP is giving you 1200 as you probably have i set to 2 lbs per week and sedentary, when it should probably be 1 lb per week and lightly active.

Having that, cleaning up your logging practices would be ideal. So getting a food scale would be great. Since these are all farmed products, you will have to find entries that are close (typical large eggs are 70-100 calories, skinless chicken breast is roughly 40 calories per ounce for white meat).

Also, how long have you been trying to lose weight?

I'm not really that active I had a desk job so I try to get some exercise in at work when I have an opportunity. I need to change that profile with my weight its wrong Although I would love to lose 23 pounds My goal is actually lose 30. I'll change it if I can figure it out.

I eat a thigh not breast. I used the egg carton calculation 70-75 calories for eggs, my hens lay various sized eggs from "large" "medium" and "small"

I set the goal back in March to lose 20lbs but I really need to lose 30.

• bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I

Why?

Why what?

since you are not losing eating this way it sounds like it is time to switch it up even if you like it you are not getting the results you want. you can have your eggs and milk but why not limit them and add in some whole grains, fruit and vegetables?
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    no fruit? no veg? just protein........ maybe u should speak with a dietician.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    So I eat roughly between 800 to 1200 a day.

No you don't, or you'd be losing, right?

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    So I eat roughly between 800 to 1200 a day. My drinks are raw milk or water. My exercise is walking and any farm work I do feeding watering etc. I take the stairs at work ( work on the third floor) park in the farthest area of the parking lot. All foods I cook are from home, chicken, fresh pasture eggs, etc. Rabbit when it comes in season. If I do a "cheat" day I eat nothing else but that meal for the whole day and drink plenty of water.

Made a goal in May to lose 20lbs in 3 months needless to say it didn't happen. I'm a female 5'3" and weigh 163 - 166.00. My goal is to be in the 130's again.

I tried looking at the TDEE but found it confusing the MFP calculator stated 1200 cals for me to lose? Yet nothing but my patience.

This is what you need the most.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

And raw milk too.

How big is your glass?

A cup as in 8 ounces or a cup as in a drinking vessel, commonly called a glass? Glasses come in a variety of sizes, from shot glass up to omgthismargaritaisasbigasmyhead. Size matters.

Same with the chicken thigh, the bigger it is the more calories it will be.

How long have you been eating more and moving less with no loss? The one week since you downloaded the app and then didn't actually measure or log accurately?
  • FarmingCozy
    Options
    I can't figure out how to change my 23lbs profile? So people will stop referring back to that.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options

And raw milk too.

How big is your glass?

You weigh the chicken thigh before you cook it, weigh the bone after you eat it, and log "chicken thigh, meat only, raw (usda)". You measure the milk in cups or mL and log "raw whole milk". You either weigh the eggs and log them as "eggs 100g" or count the number of eggs and judge the size and log it as "large egg".

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    You eat roughly 35 eggs a week?

Wowzers. That's some seriously dedicated chicken munching.

You need to eat more. 800-1000 calories with farm work is NOT healthy. It's just crazy. Then again if you eat 7 eggs a day... That's crazy too.

Good luck. You'll need it. Get some veg and fruit down you to bulk out your meals.
  • FarmingCozy
    Options

I tried fruit but it just made me crave sugar I actually feel better without it. Veggies to me are rabbit food. The only veggie I've cooked has been Broccoli (sp) but it always causes inflammation. Plus I'm a carnivore at heart.
  • LorettaKeating
    LorettaKeating Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your body is resisting losing weight since it's not getting everything it needs. I've lost 10 lbs. in a month and exercise..1200 calories a day..sometimes a little more. portion size very important
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

I tried fruit but it just made me crave sugar I actually feel better without it. Veggies to me are rabbit food. The only veggie I've cooked has been Broccoli (sp) but it always causes inflammation. Plus I'm a carnivore at heart.

You aren't a lion. You're a human being. You cannot live on meat alone.
  • FarmingCozy
    Options
    How long have you been eating <1200 calories?

Since I downloaded the MPF app about two months ago now.