Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Eating less and moving more no loss

So I eat roughly between 800 to 1200 a day. My drinks are raw milk or water. My exercise is walking and any farm work I do feeding watering etc. I take the stairs at work ( work on the third floor) park in the farthest area of the parking lot. All foods I cook are from home, chicken, fresh pasture eggs, etc. Rabbit when it comes in season. If I do a "cheat" day I eat nothing else but that meal for the whole day and drink plenty of water.

Made a goal in May to lose 20lbs in 3 months needless to say it didn't happen. I'm a female 5'3" and weigh 163 - 166.00. My goal is to be in the 130's again.

I tried looking at the TDEE but found it confusing the MFP calculator stated 1200 cals for me to lose? Yet nothing but my patience.

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    are you using a food scale to weight all solid foods?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Are you weighing your food on a digital kitchen scale and logging it accurately?
  • KingoftheLilies
    KingoftheLilies Posts: 71 Member
    Make your diary public, people can help you more.

That's a really low amount of calories, you could lose weight on more than that.
  • FarmingCozy
    FarmingCozy Posts: 46 Member
    No I do not weigh my food. I just eat 6 or 7 eggs a day and add a chicken thigh ( skinned) to my breakfast or my dinner.
  • kriskrey
    kriskrey Posts: 30 Member
    You may actually not be taking in enough calories for your activity level. If you are going under 1000/day, that can be dangerous from a health stand point and it puts your body in "starvation mode".
  • jemhh
    All you eat all day long is 7 eggs and a chicken thigh?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    If you stick to 1200, you will lose weight. But since you think you are eating 800 calories, there is something you aren't logging correctly.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    jemhh wrote: »

And raw milk too.
  • FarmingCozy

Yes. Every now and again I'll get "adventurous" and add 2 or three strips of bacon. Other than that its my meal. And as we speak I'm enjoying two farm fresh eggs. :)

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited May 2015
    kriskrey wrote: »
    You may actually not be taking in enough calories for your activity level. If you are going under 1000/day, that can be dangerous from a health stand point and it puts your body in "starvation mode".

NO NO NO NO NO NO

(the starvation mode thing...I agree it's not good to eat so few calories)
  • KingoftheLilies

Yes. Every now and again I'll get "adventurous" and add 2 or three strips of bacon. Other than that its my meal. And as we speak I'm enjoying two farm fresh eggs. :)

Why?
  • FarmingCozy

And raw milk too.

Yeap love my raw milk. I'll have a glass in the morning and sometimes in the evening. But mostly water, I HATE soda's.
  • juggernaut1974

How long have you been doing this?
  • FarmingCozy

Why?

Why what?
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3817-eat-more-2-weigh-less

Please do yourself a favor and follow this program. You need to eat more than you are right now.
  • KingoftheLilies

Why?

Why what?

Why would you eat such a massively unvaried & restrictive diet?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member

And raw milk too.

Yeap love my raw milk. I'll have a glass in the morning and sometimes in the evening. But mostly water, I HATE soda's.

How many calories are you ingesting in raw milk? I'm not sure how big your glasses are.
  • jemhh

And raw milk too.

How big is your glass?

If you don't measure your food, there is no way of knowing how much you are really eating.
  • juggernaut1974

Why?

Why what?

Why would you eat such a massively unvaried & restrictive diet?

Not to mention complete lack of many nutrients, fiber, etc.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    First, why you would only eat 800-1200 calories, or realistically, why would you aim to eat the little. With 23lbs to lose and being active, you probably need closer to 1500-1700 pre-exercise. MFP is giving you 1200 as you probably have i set to 2 lbs per week and sedentary, when it should probably be 1 lb per week and lightly active.

Having that, cleaning up your logging practices would be ideal. So getting a food scale would be great. Since these are all farmed products, you will have to find entries that are close (typical large eggs are 70-100 calories, skinless chicken breast is roughly 40 calories per ounce for white meat).

Also, how long have you been trying to lose weight?