Eating less and moving more no loss

Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Your body is resisting losing weight since it's not getting everything it needs. I've lost 10 lbs. in a month and exercise..1200 calories a day..sometimes a little more. portion size very important

wrong.

• KingoftheLilies
    KingoftheLilies Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    no fruit? no veg? just protein........ maybe u should speak with a dietician.

I tried fruit but it just made me crave sugar I actually feel better without it. Veggies to me are rabbit food. The only veggie I've cooked has been Broccoli (sp) but it always causes inflammation. Plus I'm a carnivore at heart.

You aren't a lion. You're a human being. You cannot live on meat alone.

Please, dear God, think of your colon. Won't somebody think of the colon?!
  • FarmingCozy
    FarmingCozy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    All you eat all day long is 7 eggs and a chicken thigh?

And raw milk too.

Yeap love my raw milk. I'll have a glass in the morning and sometimes in the evening. But mostly water, I HATE soda's.

How big is your glass?

If you don't measure your food, there is no way of knowing how much you are really eating.

Its just a standard glass cup.

The chicken thighs come in a package I just take one skin it, cook it and eat it. The eggs I just take however many I'm going to use. I don't understand how I can measure that?

Is it an 8 ounce glass? Calories counts vary a bit, but 8 ounces of raw milk is probably 160-190 calories. That's around 800 calories just from your eggs and your milk (assuming two 8 ounce servings, it could be more -- I have glasses that hold much more than 8 ounces). You don't seem to be weighing your meat, so you'll have to account for those calories. Are you eating the eggs plain or cooking them in fat?

Yes its an 8oz glass. I only eat one or two thighs a day even I don't know how I would weigh it on the package it states one thigh is 110 calories. I cook them in 1 tablespoon of grass feed butter( the only thing I do measure lol)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You've been doing this since last May and have lost nothing?

Give MFP your age, height, weight, activity level. Set it to lose 1 lb a week. 1200 is really low especially if you are somewhat active. You shouldn't be eating below that but you are probably taking in much more calories than you think or you would have lost some weight.
    I am 5'4" sedentary person and started at 1330 calories and moved down to 1270 after losing some weight.

Log everything as accurately as you can- you might need to weigh and measure everything and check the entries you choose for accuracy.

You don't eat any grains, fruits or vegetables? Your diet sounds pretty incomplete nutritionally.

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

I tried fruit but it just made me crave sugar I actually feel better without it. Veggies to me are rabbit food. The only veggie I've cooked has been Broccoli (sp) but it always causes inflammation. Plus I'm a carnivore at heart.

My colon likes having some veggies :lol:
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    If you are really eating how little you are eating that is probably very stressful on your body, which will cause hormonal changes e.g. excess cortisol which can cause water retention, making it more difficult to see a drop on the scale. For mental and physical health, optimal weight loss, etc., 1200 kcals minimum (more probably as it sounds like you are relatively active) plus some variety in your diet are called for.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    First, why you would only eat 800-1200 calories, or realistically, why would you aim to eat the little. With 23lbs to lose and being active, you probably need closer to 1500-1700 pre-exercise. MFP is giving you 1200 as you probably have i set to 2 lbs per week and sedentary, when it should probably be 1 lb per week and lightly active.

Having that, cleaning up your logging practices would be ideal. So getting a food scale would be great. Since these are all farmed products, you will have to find entries that are close (typical large eggs are 70-100 calories, skinless chicken breast is roughly 40 calories per ounce for white meat).

Also, how long have you been trying to lose weight?

I'm not really that active I had a desk job so I try to get some exercise in at work when I have an opportunity. I need to change that profile with my weight its wrong Although I would love to lose 23 pounds My goal is actually lose 30. I'll change it if I can figure it out.

I eat a thigh not breast. I used the egg carton calculation 70-75 calories for eggs, my hens lay various sized eggs from "large" "medium" and "small"

I set the goal back in March to lose 20lbs but I really need to lose 30.

Honestly, I would adjust the settings to at least 1 lb per week and sedentary if you must. But if you are walking at lot, then it's probably closer to lightly active. And second, i would work on your logging practices. Probably would suggest picking up a food scale.

It would benefit you from variety too as it will probably different nutrients which is beneficial to your body. Fruits and veggies are definitely beneficial to your system. If you don't do them, then supplements are generally recommended.
  • FarmingCozy
    Options

And raw milk too.

Yeap love my raw milk. I'll have a glass in the morning and sometimes in the evening. But mostly water, I HATE soda's.

How big is your glass?

If you don't measure your food, there is no way of knowing how much you are really eating.

The chicken thighs come in a package I just take one skin it, cook it and eat it. The eggs I just take however many I'm going to use. I don't understand how I can measure that?

A cup as in 8 ounces or a cup as in a drinking vessel, commonly called a glass? Glasses come in a variety of sizes, from shot glass up to omgthismargaritaisasbigasmyhead. Size matters.

Same with the chicken thigh, the bigger it is the more calories it will be.

How long have you been eating more and moving less with no loss? The one week since you downloaded the app and then didn't actually measure or log accurately?

As someone mentioned its a standard glass now I know 8oz.

Its the size of my hand. I leave bone in but skin the meat feed it to the dogs.

I'm not exactly sure of when I've always been a light eater, but I really wanted to focus when I uploaded the app in March I believe.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

And raw milk too.

How big is your glass?

Is it an 8 ounce glass? Calories counts vary a bit, but 8 ounces of raw milk is probably 160-190 calories. That's around 800 calories just from your eggs and your milk (assuming two 8 ounce servings, it could be more -- I have glasses that hold much more than 8 ounces). You don't seem to be weighing your meat, so you'll have to account for those calories. Are you eating the eggs plain or cooking them in fat?

Yes its an 8oz glass. I only eat one or two thighs a day even I don't know how I would weigh it on the package it states one thigh is 110 calories. I cook them in 1 tablespoon of grass feed butter( the only thing I do measure lol)

So you're eating about 380 calories in milk, 420 in eggs, who knows how much in chicken thigh (I find calorie counts much higher than 110 when I search online and you aren't weighing, so you have no idea how much you are actually eating), and about 200 calories of butter (if you are cooking eggs twice a day and using 1 tablespoon of butter each time).

Even without the chicken, you're at 1,000 calories. I think the issue is your logging. Since your eggs are varying sizes, you should be weighing those. You should be weighing your meat also.

A secondary issue is that your diet is really not suited for health.
  • KingoftheLilies
    Options

Don't start. We've seen some things...

xc2n9x.jpg
    Options

xc2n9x.jpg

Snigger... Is that the biggest you've got?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,400 MFP Moderator
    Options

By inflammation, do you mean that the fiber made your stomach feel bloated? I will say, i know several people who get crazy gas with broccoli. Might be worth trying other veggies.
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Weigh your eggs milk and thigh on a kitchen scale it's simple place the items on the scale and take a reading then log it into your diary
  • FarmingCozy
    Options
    Wow some of your are just down right nasty. I really don't understand is that the mentality here? Belittle, berate and call names?

Saying "I'm a carnivore" means I just tend to eat more meat and protein than anything else.
  • FarmingCozy
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »

By inflammation, do you mean that the fiber made your stomach feel bloated? I will say, i know several people who get crazy gas with broccoli. Might be worth trying other veggies.

YES that's it! :) And it lasts for like a day or so. I'm trying spinach but I like to watch the chickens eat it.

• geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I sincerely hope you start taking a daily multivitamin and find some form of carbohydrate to swap some of the eggs out for.
  • KingoftheLilies
    Options

xc2n9x.jpg

Snigger... Is that the biggest you've got?

If it gets too much bigger it just explodes. No warning.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

And raw milk too.

How big is your glass?

A cup as in 8 ounces or a cup as in a drinking vessel, commonly called a glass? Glasses come in a variety of sizes, from shot glass up to omgthismargaritaisasbigasmyhead. Size matters.

Same with the chicken thigh, the bigger it is the more calories it will be.

How long have you been eating more and moving less with no loss? The one week since you downloaded the app and then didn't actually measure or log accurately?

As someone mentioned its a standard glass now I know 8oz.

Its the size of my hand. I leave bone in but skin the meat feed it to the dogs.

I'm not exactly sure of when I've always been a light eater, but I really wanted to focus when I uploaded the app in March I believe.

You're sure it's an 8 oz glass? That's the size of one of those kiddie Tupperware glasses. The glasses that I look at as standard are generally 16-20 oz.

Regardless, chances are low that you are a biological anomaly who can eat only 800 calories a day as a grown adult and never lose weight. People come on here and claim that all the time. It's like MFP is the mothership for biological anomalies. The fact of the matter is that you are not measuring your food accurately, you are not logging your food accurately, and you are not burning more calories than you eat. Thus, you are not going to lose weight.
    Options
    Wow some of your are just down right nasty. I really don't understand is that the mentality here? Belittle, berate and call names?

Saying "I'm a carnivore" means I just tend to eat more meat and protein than anything else.

You're promoting an unhealthy diet. You will get people commenting. Don't ask questions on how to lose weight if you are unwilling to listen?

Shrug.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options

No one here has been nasty or called anyone names. Sometimes it devolves in that direction, but this thread has been very civil and everyone here has tried to help you.