Eating less and moving more no loss

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    no fruit? no veg? just protein........ maybe u should speak with a dietician.

I tried fruit but it just made me crave sugar I actually feel better without it. Veggies to me are rabbit food. The only veggie I've cooked has been Broccoli (sp) but it always causes inflammation. Plus I'm a carnivore at heart.

By inflammation, do you mean that the fiber made your stomach feel bloated? I will say, i know several people who get crazy gas with broccoli. Might be worth trying other veggies.

YES that's it! :) And it lasts for like a day or so. I'm trying spinach but I like to watch the chickens eat it.

Well if you don't eat a lot of fiber and the all of a sudden, start to eat fiber, your stomach will be slightly upset. It was no different when I went from 15g to 30-50g of fiber a day. Please understand though, that fiber helps with colon and GI health. So while you think it's for the animals, it's very beneficial to you.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    and OP... Flagging posts for abuse that aren't actually abusive is kind of pointless.
  • FarmingCozy
    FarmingCozy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    How am I promoting an unhealthy diet? This is what I eat. Again assumptions is all that is to be made here.

I figured 2 months was enough to see something move in the right direction. Hence why I came here to the"experts" now I understand its a mistake.

A mod can close this thread I'm done here.
    Options
    How am I promoting an unhealthy diet? This is what I eat. Again assumptions is all that is to be made here.

I figured 2 months was enough to see something move in the right direction. Hence why I came here to the"experts" now I understand its a mistake.

You asked for advice. Were given advice and still argued that your way is best.

You're not losing weight. So crack on. If you think how you eat is best. ;)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

OP, I'm honestly not sure what you are upset about. Some people are trying to help you.
    Options

OP, I'm honestly not sure what you are upset about. Some people are trying to help you.

I think I upset OP by saying that humans cannot live on meat alone. Meh.
  • FarmingCozy
    Options
    Again how am I arguing? I answered the questions being asked at the best of my ability, yet you for some reason feel superior to add your "suggestions". No I'm not losing weight hence the post? However I understand its just how theme is around here.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Magnesium Citrate can be overdone. You can develop a dependency.

Are you logging all your butter?

Considering your highly unusual diet, this scale would be well-worth the investment.
    219d4067f09ef49dde016b221ea2cacf.jpg
  • FarmingCozy
    Options

Your are right there are some WONDERFUL people in the thread trying to help and I thank them for it. However there are some for whatever reason that feel the need to be I guess what they are. If it makes them feel good fine I'd wish they rather not troll the thread.

• FarmingCozy
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Magnesium Citrate can be overdone. You can develop a dependency.

Are you logging all your butter?

Considering your highly unusual diet, this scale would be well-worth the investment.
    219d4067f09ef49dde016b221ea2cacf.jpg

Where did you get that?! Wow!!!
  • FarmingCozy
    Options
    And yes Kerrygold made it easy to measure out their butter ;)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You realize you are neither lion or rabbit, but an omnivore? You are a bear.
    black-bear-picnic.jpg

Other bears wouldn't have much to do with a bear who only eats chicken.
    safe-salmon-food-safty4.jpg

123.jpg
    Options
    Again how am I arguing? I answered the questions being asked at the best of my ability, yet you for some reason feel superior to add your "suggestions". No I'm not losing weight hence the post? However I understand its just how theme is around here.

I'm not superior. I've been where you are. Eating a rubbish diet and wondering why I wasn't losing weight. I came here and listened and now I'm losing. Simples.

I'm not trolling. I'm a jokey person by nature and if you aren't I do apologise but listen to what people are saying here. They have great advice and you CAN lose if you take it.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    this thread was crazy! :D
  • FarmingCozy
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »

I'm not superior. I've been where you are. Eating a rubbish diet and wondering why I wasn't losing weight. I came here and listened and now I'm losing. Simples.

I'm not trolling. I'm a jokey person by nature and if you aren't I do apologise but listen to what people are saying here. They have great advice and you CAN lose if you take it.

Thanks for the apology.

According to the various replies it seems I need to eat more? That just doesn't seem plausible or logical but I will do it.
  • FarmingCozy
    Options
    this thread was crazy! :D

Seriously?

• KingoftheLilies
    KingoftheLilies Posts: 71 Member
    Options

Your are right there are some WONDERFUL people in the thread trying to help and I thank them for it. However there are some for whatever reason that feel the need to be I guess what they are. If it makes them feel good fine I'd wish they rather not troll the thread.

I can only expect you're referring to me, since you seem to have flagged some of my posts.

I've explained, without being too verbose - though I can be if you'd prefer, that your unvaried diet is unhealthy.

Personally, and frankly, I wouldn't bother trying to pinpoint the inaccuracies in your calorie counting until you acknowledge that a highly restrictive diet is unhealthy, and agree that it needs to be rectified in a controlled manner.

Otherwise, talking about calorie counting is futile. You'll lose weight if you get it right, sure, but unless you're blessed with the innards of a leopard it won't be healthy & you'll spend just as much time trying to undo the fruits of your overly, unnecessarily restrictive weight-loss labours.
    Why not take the advice that helps you get it right first time?
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    @FarmingCozy You should read this thread, no offense but you need a little help on this weight loss journey

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    Options

Thanks for the apology.

According to the various replies it seems I need to eat more? That just doesn't seem plausible or logical but I will do it.

If you enjoy your eggs... Make an omelette. Throw some cheese in and your bacon. Seriously good and will help increase your calories. Make sure to weigh and log the cheese and bacon :)
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options

Thanks for the apology.

I think your biggest bang for your buck will be to start weighing your food so that you have an accurate calorie count. Then, if that calorie count is consistently below 1200, definitely increase how much you are eating. If you are eating quite a bit more than you thought, it would make sense to gradually bring your calories down until you are losing steadily.