Was your lunch healthy?

Options

Replies

• dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Hell no. It was three pieces of bread and water. No, I'm not in prison.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I think so, and 80 Calorie tortilla, grilled chicken breast, sliced onion, spinach and mustard with a side of sliced strawberries.
  • owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potato (Baked), Reduced-fat Coleslaw, Spinach and small amount of mozzarella. Under 500 calories.
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    yes i think so. 2 baked chicken drumsticks, buttercup squash, salad with oil/apple cider vinegar dressing.
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Healthy for me, and fit into my daily goals.

4.7 oz of chicken roasted with skin,
    20 of red fresh cherries

Yum!
  • chenry1972
    chenry1972 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    During the work week I eat the same lunch...1 can solid white albacore mixed with yellow mustard & dill relish, 1.5oz each snap peas & baby carrots, 1 slice ezekiel bread
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Depends on your view of a pint of talenti.
  • LRH94
    LRH94 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I had a tin of tuna and konjac noodles with salad veggies and a teaspoon of cream cheese. It's pretty healthy except rather low in calorie (but this was because I was going out for a big burger later)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sure. Skipjack tuna, tomato, black beans, avocado, coffee, cookies, chocolate.

I pretty much consider any meal I eat to be "healthy" because my overall diet is healthy.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    it is impossible to know without knowing if one hit their macros and micros for the day ….since I pre logged I am going to say my roasted chicken sandwich with whole wheat bread, greek yogurt and cottage cheese on the side fit the bill….
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Nope, fried fish sandwich and a single onion ring topped off with 20/80 gas station banana cappuccino to coffee ratio in a big cup.

What matters to me is the big picture. Have I eaten TONS of vegetables, lean protein sources, other fresh foods and undeniably healthy fare 90% of the time...and the answer to that is yes, I certainly have. I also eat ice cream 2-3 times a week and I don't mean a 1/4 cup of Skinnycow. I just like to do what works for me.

if you hit your macros/micros for the day then you will be fine with this lunch
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It was...whole grain crackers, salted almonds, two mozzarella cheese sticks, baby carrots, peach applesauce (all-natural), Skinny Cow Dreamy Clusters for dessert, and lemon cucumber green tea to drink. About 600 calories total. I have variants on this Mon.-Thurs. at work, then on Friday I go out for lunch and get whatever I want from the local soup/sandwich/salad place.
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    No lunch but I had a great dinner >:)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    it is impossible to know without knowing if one hit their macros and micros for the day ….since I pre logged I am going to say my roasted chicken sandwich with whole wheat bread, greek yogurt and cottage cheese on the side fit the bill….

This is my thought. I had a double cheeseburger from Burger King. But I hit my macros and stayed within my calories so I guess I don't see it as a bad choice.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Usually I eat light for lunch with just a salad & occasionally a burrito.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Cheese & red onion chutney sandwich, red grapes, Quavers.

It was great, even if it did look like a school packed lunch and my colleagues called me a child :)
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

This is my thought. I had a double cheeseburger from Burger King. But I hit my macros and stayed within my calories so I guess I don't see it as a bad choice.

Occasionally I have to have aMcDouble with cheese from McDonalds. Always fits in my calories and keeps me from feeling deprived. We do live in the real world.
  • kissa714
    kissa714 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    jplis wrote: »
    Analyze and reflect on your lunch choice for today. Is it healthy? Let's discuss in a paragraph.

Be careful with that word. Healthy? Hm. You can eat 1,000 calories worth of food that is considered 'healthy' and go over your deficit and have a bad macro balance. Or you can eat a meal that some would consider 'unhealthy' that stays within your calorie goals, and maintains your calorie goals.
    say you eat a whole avocado, and have several stalks of celery filled with natural peanut butter. Dip some baby carrots in hummus, drink some homemade lemonade with it. have a plate of fresh cut fruit. toss in a couple of handsful of almonds. you've got a lot of calories in this one meal, a lot of fat and sugar. but a lot of people would call this a 'healthy' meal.
    Now have a small burger made with a slice of deli cheese on a bun with a small order of fries on the side. Put lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions on the burger, and you've got a very well-rounded meal, macro-wise. Protein, carbs, fat, and it's about 600 calories, if you kept it to a decent size.
    see how it can be a misconception to call things healthy or unhealthy?
    Who cares about macro balance? And what does this MFP know about being healthy anyway? When i first signed up for it it had me eating 1200 calories a day which was pretty much starving myself to lose weight even with the extra calories that i burned at the gym. anyway my point is fresh veggies are always going go be "healthier" than french fries and mccdonalds "meat". plus if you're really worried about balancing macros you can always account for that later in the day.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    kissa714 wrote: »
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    jplis wrote: »
    Analyze and reflect on your lunch choice for today. Is it healthy? Let's discuss in a paragraph.

Be careful with that word. Healthy? Hm. You can eat 1,000 calories worth of food that is considered 'healthy' and go over your deficit and have a bad macro balance. Or you can eat a meal that some would consider 'unhealthy' that stays within your calorie goals, and maintains your calorie goals.
    say you eat a whole avocado, and have several stalks of celery filled with natural peanut butter. Dip some baby carrots in hummus, drink some homemade lemonade with it. have a plate of fresh cut fruit. toss in a couple of handsful of almonds. you've got a lot of calories in this one meal, a lot of fat and sugar. but a lot of people would call this a 'healthy' meal.
    Now have a small burger made with a slice of deli cheese on a bun with a small order of fries on the side. Put lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions on the burger, and you've got a very well-rounded meal, macro-wise. Protein, carbs, fat, and it's about 600 calories, if you kept it to a decent size.
    see how it can be a misconception to call things healthy or unhealthy?
    Who cares about macro balance? And what does this MFP know about being healthy anyway? When i first signed up for it it had me eating 1200 calories a day which was pretty much starving myself to lose weight even with the extra calories that i burned at the gym. anyway my point is fresh veggies are always going go be "healthier" than french fries and mccdonalds "meat". plus if you're really worried about balancing macros you can always account for that later in the day.

MFP sets goals based on the information that users put in. 1200 is often a default for people who are short, sedentary, and/or who put in aggressive weight loss targets. Don't blame MFP for giving you 1200, it is simply a calculator that responds to your inputs.

Many people care about balancing their macros. It is one of the more common programs utilized here on MFP.

Fresh veggies are not healthier than McDonalds if I am short on protein for the day. In the context of your overall diet, individual foods are not healthy or unhealthy.

• MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yup. I had a nice box with a carrot, some cherry tomatoes and two low-fat frankfurters. I did have some chocolate biscuits in the afternoon but they were within my calories.