I was a big piggie today...... help!

Options
If anyone looks at my food diary today you'd see what an absolute pig I made of myself at Mother's Day brunch today. I haven't eaten like that in years. I don't know what came over me but I'm paying for it now. Sick as a dog! I normally eat a paleo type diet. I'm so ashamed of my weakness!! I'm wondering if I fast tomorrow would it help me get back on track?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Wow, great logging. It's wonderful to try to log all those meals because then you have data, which I find important.

Doesn't seem like you went very far over maintenance, no? That's great. You probably won't lose as much as expected this week, but you had a delicious meal!

I ate like this a few weeks ago. I clocked in at about 4,000 calories for the day. I actually felt really good after eating all that food. And it was easy to get back on track because you know...wow. I just had to after that.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Or can try to makeof for it a little each day. Just becasue you trip doesn't mean you have to take Drastic steps to win the race. To err is human, we all do it, but as long s we don't do it too often, we will loose in the long run.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I really doubt one day will set you back in your goals. Just eat normally tomorrow and don't worry about it.
  • lindas_eating_clean
    lindas_eating_clean Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It was a buffet and I tried to remember everything I ate.... I'm sure I missed somethimg. We left the restaurant about 5 hours ago and I still feel sick to my stomach. .. !!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've done way worse. You'll be fine.
  • lindas_eating_clean
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    How is your calorie goal 1000... I thought 1200 was the lowest MFP would go?

I would just move on and eat normally the rest of the week. Maybe you just won't lose quite as much this week.
  • lindas_eating_clean
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I don't remember why I set it so low..... but I do need to lose about 30+ pounds...
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If im looking at the right day it was under 2300 calories, which os just one day and nothing to worry about. Dont beat yourself up, ts a waste of time. No idea why you are only on 1000 calories a day though.
  • arditarose
    Options
    lindaj913 wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I don't remember why I set it so low..... but I do need to lose about 30+ pounds...

I needed to lose 30+ pounds too. Never ate under 1200.
  • lindas_eating_clean
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    No idea why you are only on 1000 calories a day though.

I just readjusted my calorie goal.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    If im looking at the right day it was under 2300 calories, which os just one day and nothing to worry about. Dont beat yourself up, ts a waste of time. No idea why you are only on 1000 calories a day though.

I can't see the diary. 2300 isn't that bad. Is 2300 even above maintenance?

• arditarose
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

I can't see the diary. 2300 isn't that bad. Is 2300 even above maintenance?

For some, yes.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    OP, I was quite the little piggie yesterday and ate poorly today (but at daily calorie limit). I understand...I understand. :#
    Today I didn't even have strenuous actuvity to balance today off. What a naughty little piggie I was. :/
  • Zedeff
    Zedeff Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This is a lifestyle and not a diet. Life comes with special occasion binges.

My diary is closed (I was tired of being accused of ED behavior because my intermittent fasting looks like anorexia plus binging, since it's logged as one large meal per day) but for today, to celebrate mother's day with my wife and both sets of parents, I logged:

Half a pound of bacon
    Half an family-sized recipe for pancakes with butter and syrup
    1.5 Cadbury candy bars
    4 miscellaneous chocolate truffles
    A bottle of wine
    Caesar salad
    Fries with gravy
    A Boston Pizza (restaurant) pizza burger - that is a cheeseburger with a bun made of pepperoni pizza

Total of 4000 calories, goal is 1460.

And you know what? Life goes on, tomorrow I'll be back on track, and by next week I'm sure that I'll be down another pound. Even if I gained from today, I'll still be down 50 net.

Eat well for life and you can afford to have the pig out days. You're going to occasionally binge anyways - everyone does - so you might as well enjoy it and not stress too much.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Try to make note of how you feel to remeber for another time you are tempted to overindulge. That is my plan...I well see how it works. :)
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    logging that chit like a baws
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    lindaj913 wrote: »
    If anyone looks at my food diary today you'd see what an absolute pig I made of myself at Mother's Day brunch today. I haven't eaten like that in years. I don't know what came over me but I'm paying for it now. Sick as a dog! I normally eat a paleo type diet. I'm so ashamed of my weakness!! I'm wondering if I fast tomorrow would it help me get back on track?

honestly, don't even think/worry about it. it was ONE day; not going to do a thing in terms of 'undoing' your hard work. i had popcorn today at the movies! i'm grain free and i had popcorn AND IT WAS GLORIOUS. do i regret it? NO! it was a mother's day movie date my husband took me on because i've been dying to watch age of ultron. although we watch what we eat regularly, we also need to live!!!!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I ate like a well-fed mother who deserved to be treated to a great meal. We ate at home today but it was fantastic and I don't feel a tad bit guilty. It is also my twins' 11th birthday, so I also had a piece of their Reese's peanut butter ice cream cake. I have no idea if the calories I logged are correct, and I really didn't measure or wiegh anything, it's all logged by eyeball--but I don't care. :) This is a forever lifestyle change I'm making, so if I go off the deep end once in a while, so be it.

Happy Mother's Day!! <3
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of water tomorrow! Usually those buffet restaurants use tons of salt to make everything taste good!.