Options

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    whmscll wrote: »
    Can you please take this argument offline? It is not helpful. I understand that TimothyFish meant "problem staying within your calories when you drink alcohol" and not drinking problem as in alcoholism. Yes, he should have worded that differently. But he did clarify what he meant. People on these forums need to be more respectful of each other overall. We are supposed to be here to SUPPORT and HELP each other.

actually, he did not.

he said people have a drinking problem
    then he said he was joking
    and then he went back and said that people have a drinking problem
    then he tried to say that people admitted that they have drinking problem, which no one did

he is more than welcome to retract it and issue an apology at any time.

I don't see how it is supportive to tell people that they have a drinking problem because they had some drinks on the weekend and went over on calories.

I like how you got flagged for pointing out what was said reinforcing your own statements.

Never change, MFP.

how the hell did that get two flags???????????
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Can you please take this argument offline? It is not helpful. I understand that TimothyFish meant "problem staying within your calories when you drink alcohol" and not drinking problem as in alcoholism. Yes, he should have worded that differently. But he did clarify what he meant. People on these forums need to be more respectful of each other overall. We are supposed to be here to SUPPORT and HELP each other.

actually, he did not.

then he tried to say that people admitted that they have drinking problem, which no one did

I don't see how it is supportive to tell people that they have a drinking problem because they had some drinks on the weekend and went over on calories.

I like how you got flagged for pointing out what was said reinforcing your own statements.

Never change, MFP.

Congratulations on your two additional flags for that post. It would appear as though you have a couple of fans ;)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

actually, he did not.

Never change, MFP.

Congratulations on your two additional flags for that post. It would appear as though you have a couple of fans ;)

LOL, I have peoples that like to follow me around...its kind of like an MFP entourage, but not really an entourage....
  • matt88uk
    matt88uk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I eat 1758 Cals a day Monday to Friday and on a Sunday but Saturday's I raise my Cals to about 200 below maintenance just to have few extra treats :)
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I don't usually do so bad on the weekends, but this last weekend with Mother's Day and a friend who is almost done getting her Masters desperately needing a friend and some unwind-time, I didn't do too hot. Alcohol and eating out. That's what does me in.

If I'm cooking, and at home, I'm safe.
  • ceembeee
    ceembeee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Weekends aren't a failure for me, but I certainly don't lose any weight over the weekend! It's different for everyone, but I maintain a strict deficit Monday-Thursday and then I eat around maintenance Fri-Sun, sometimes going over, but because of my deficit throughout the week, I continuously lose an average of .6 lbs a week. Maybe too slow for some, but for me the key is that it is sustainable. I love going out to eat, drinking beer and all that. If I didn't have my weekends, I would have given up on this journey long ago! I always track my weekends so I know where I'm at, but I don't restrict myself at all. I have lost 16 lbs doing it this way and I'm 2 lbs from my goal weight of 135 now. Do what works for you!
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    ceembeee wrote: »
    Weekends aren't a failure for me, but I certainly don't lose any weight over the weekend! It's different for everyone, but I maintain a strict deficit Monday-Thursday and then I eat around maintenance Fri-Sun, sometimes going over, but because of my deficit throughout the week, I continuously lose an average of .6 lbs a week. Maybe too slow for some, but for me the key is that it is sustainable. I love going out to eat, drinking beer and all that. If I didn't have my weekends, I would have given up on this journey long ago! I always track my weekends so I know where I'm at, but I don't restrict myself at all. I have lost 16 lbs doing it this way and I'm 2 lbs from my goal weight of 135 now. Do what works for you!

I need to learn from this! An overage day doesn't undo the week of deficit, unless you went over by the entire amount needed to lose weight.
    For me i'm at 1000 calorie deficit a day, Which means to gain, I have to eat MORE than 1000 calories every day that week. If I go over by 1000 one day, I should maintain that DAY. As long as I eat anywhere in that 1000 calorie deficit, I should lose. But it will be at a slower pace. But isn't that better? Make the changes we can LIVE with. Thanks Ceembeee!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised at how many people said they have a drinking problem. It makes me glad I don't drink. My weekend problem is that I can snack at any time. I don't usually go over my calories, but it is more of a struggle on weekends. Except for the fact that I also have more time to exercise.

this guy, pissin' in the punchbowl
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    For me it's alcohol and boredom eating. I do much better during the week when I'm busy. I'm working on correcting this, though -- it's not derailing me (I usually eat around maintenance, and I bank calories during the week too), but I do think I need to learn better weekend habits.

This past weekend was a killer. A friend got me a box of Franzia and my son bought Mothers' Day pizza with his very own money, so... yep.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I don't fail on the weekends. I don't drink and I have two of my most intense classes on Saturday and Sunday. I do, however, allow myself dinners of whatever I want both nights including items I don't normally eat like bread, pasta, fried, sweets. I don't over-do it and always try to fill up on fresh veggies, salad and lean protein first. Just keep up the exercise and tracking/logging throughout the day then cut some slack at night :smile: it's what works for me.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I usually fail on Sundays as that is my "lazy day" and I'm just bored so I eat more than I'm supposed too (:
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Two words;

Booze
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My problem is my days aren't structured whatsoever. I don't wake up, eat, or go to sleep at consistent times at all. Some Saturdays I'll wake up at noon and go run errands and grab fast food while I'm out. And I love to have some beers with friends and cook out, without freaking out about my diet. I feel like it's not too bad though because I'm more active on weekends and I'm better about calories and exercise Sunday-Thursday.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    smelius22 wrote: »
    My problem is my days aren't structured whatsoever. I don't wake up, eat, or go to sleep at consistent times at all. Some Saturdays I'll wake up at noon and go run errands and grab fast food while I'm out. And I love to have some beers with friends and cook out, without freaking out about my diet. I feel like it's not too bad though because I'm more active on weekends and I'm better about calories and exercise Sunday-Thursday.

God, I'm jealous! If I get to sleep in till 7 I count myself lucky!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    When I fail it's because nobody ever cares to plan stuff, so we have spur of the moment outings that sometimes end with me eating too much, because I'm the first one up at 7am and I'm hungry so I eat whatever will satisfy me and it doesn't always leave room for a nice lunch out later. Plus I'm so sick of cooking all week that I like eating out more on week ends, and it's not always that easy for me to make better choices... Also depends on whether I'm in the mood for dessert or not. And if my hormones are nice to me or evil.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,443 Member
    Options
    I'm maintaining and my weekends fail because I'm usually out and about, probably burning an unknown amount of calories while eating not so much. I don't want to lose more weight. While still losing on the first workday of the week I always had the lowest weight.
  • Jazzybrass
    Jazzybrass Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have more time on weekends with less to do and what I need to do I do not want to do! I have a regular 9-5 job during the week and have specific times when I can eat so find it doable to avoid constant snacking. On the weekend, I have prep to do which I hate doing but nothing else.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My weekends are when I get variety. I do not fail. I'm very active on the weekends so I can eat more.
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My weekends used to fail because I want more on the weekend - more food, more alcohol, more everything.

When I faced the fact that this was not likely to change, I changed my diet. Now I try to keep my daily calories low during the week (around 1300) so I can have higher calorie days (around 2000) on the weekend and still average out at a deficit. Life for me is so much more enjoyable this way.

*Definitely this*

I was having a very hard time losing any weight because I do tend to overindulge on weekends mostly, with drinking wine. And I would rather be 10 lbs heavier than I really want to be for the rest of my life than give up wine, however, I still wanted to figure out a way to make it work for me. So I am doing basically a combination of 5:2, 16:8, and calorie cycling. With all of that, I am creating such a large deficit between Sun-Thurs that I can drink on Friday and Saturday nights and even have pizza/Chinese one of the nights, all WITHOUT counting calories those two days..and guess what, I am FINALLY losing weight again! After 9 months or something crazy like that of little to no progress, the scale and the measurements are finally going down :)
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    ooops, double post.