Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @modacielo73 That is a great NSV (non-scale victory)! Thanks for posting your success.

@heathrlynn50 Misch has it spot on in my book. Something you're doing isn't a sustainable attitude and that's what needs to be rooted out. You should write down all of your NSV's and really appreciate them. Their "wake" (as in what is trailing behind a boat) is your weight loss. Don't let weight loss be your goal. It's the EFFECT of all your NSV's. The NSV's are the focus. For now, keep posting your frustrations. It's helpful to hash this process out. You'll figure out what specifically is causing you to wobble. You're in the process of stretching yourself, thus the resistance you're feeling so acutely! This is a prime moment for you! Seize it and learn a lesson that will help you build a more solid foundation for yourself. You've got this! You can do it! :)
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey group! I haven't been around much so I am out of the loop! I hope everyone is doing well. I am back on track more or less and hit 45 lbs gone this week. Hoping to hit my 50 by the end of the month.
    Danielle
  • CrystalA1984
    CrystalA1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! I've struggled with my weight most of my life. From March of 2013 to December of 2013 I did manage to lose 45lbs. Unfortunately, I've gradually gained 75lbs! I'm feeling pretty pathetic and it seems I just can not stop gaining weight. Please feel free to add me as a friend so we can support each other on this journey!
    Good luck to everyone! :)
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    way to go @danielle7577 ! Hope you are feeling better too!

You have come to the right place @taketwo2014 ! I love this group! So inspiring!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    2run2ski wrote: »

@heathrlynn50 You're in the process of stretching yourself, thus the resistance you're feeling so acutely! This is a prime moment for you! Seize it and learn a lesson that will help you build a more solid foundation for yourself. You've got this! You can do it! :)

That's it exactly! It's like stretching. You're not going to be limber like a gymnastics pro from the start, and it won't be easy, but you ease into it, figure out what works and always always always look for new ways to stretch that work better, but keep your tried and true practices as your foundation. I have go-to meals that get me thru the week. They're not fancy or especially amazing, but I like them, they're calorie friendly and they fill me up. I add new stuff and throw out what I don't like, but inevitably, I always have those foundation meals as my fall back food because it works for me. Find out what works for you and talk to yourself like you would talk to your daughter if she was doing what you're doing. In other words be kind to yourself, encourage yourself, and keep telling yourself that the quest to be successful at changing your life is a worthwhile effort, because it is!
  • Jinx_Mo
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Welcome back @danielle7577 and congrats on the success! I can't wait to reach the 50lb mark!

@taketwo2014 congrats on getting back on your path. We've all been there, shoot, I've been there a dozen times! The success is that you came back, you've brushed yourself off, and you're back in the fight! You've got this!!

@ptkat28 I'm with you on that one. This group inspires me to no end!
  • heathrlynn50
    heathrlynn50 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job @danielle7577 that is awesome!! Thank you @2run2ski that is a great idea!! You are all amazing! Today was a better day and a start to a new week! Thanks for everyone's support!!
  • archanajoyce
    archanajoyce Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I may not post here often, but I always come by to read the posts. This is a wonderful thread with awesome supportive people.

You... yes each one of you - You are beautiful, strong and capable of achieving your dreams. Never forget that and don't let anyone tell you different!

You got this!
    “When you get into a tight place, and everything goes against you till it seems as if you couldn’t hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that’s just the place and time that the tide’ll turn.”
    Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone!

@modacielo: WOW! That's a fantastic achievement my friend! I don't know that I would trust myself at a buffet quite yet. LOL

@danielle7577: Welcome back and Gratz!!! 45 pounds lost is phenomenal!

@taketwo2014: Welcome to us... :)

@ all of of you... THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!!!
  • amayitux
    amayitux Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Everyone pls add me, we can support and keep each other accountable.
    I am 5"4, and need to loose 100lbs+
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Tonight I push mowed the yard. Started mowing an extra part that could be mowed by the big mower, but I want the exercise!
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Tonight I push mowed the yard. Started mowing an extra part that could be mowed by the big mower, but I want the exercise!

Great job
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    @danielle7577 mowing the lawn... definitely a workout! Nice work!
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I want a push mower!! But I do a lot of weedeating with a very heavy weedeater! I count that as general gardening!
  • angela_eva13
    angela_eva13 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I am new to this and have over 100 pounds to lose. I've learned so much by reading everyone's thread's. I'm willing to take any suggestions and could use friends for support and to encourage each other.
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    So I had this big long post typed up and then my computer decided to freeze and I had to re-start. :-( I can't remember everything.

Newbies: welcome, this group is awesome.

All the rest, I hope you all are having a great week.

I'm enjoying my walks more and more. I've noticed that it is really helping with my depression. I am super happy about that. I don't know if its the fact that I'm outside more or if it's just my bodies way of saying great job. Who knows.. This weekend I am going away so I really need to make sure that I stay on track. I know I'll be doing plenty of walking so hopefully that will help. Just can't over eat.
  • enoughisenough9
    enoughisenough9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I officially have LESS than 100lbs left to lose! 31lbs down and 99lbs to go :smiley: Feel free to add me :smile:
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I officially have LESS than 100lbs left to lose! 31lbs down and 99lbs to go :smiley: Feel free to add me :smile:

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Congratulations!! :-) that's AMAZING!!...keep up the good job!
  • KrissyRawrz
    KrissyRawrz Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean when you say that you're addicted to food. I would never take drugs but food is definitely my addiction. Every day I still feel like I imagine a recovering heroin addict would. I am eating to live, not living to eat but unfortunately that damn obsession is still there lol. Anyway! Hello :D well done on starting your weight loss up again and I hope it goes really well for you x
  • aini110
    aini110 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 lbs....eating healthy and walking everyday for 30 mins pls add for motivation thanks