Looking to lose 100+ pounds... the healthy way!

Options

Replies

• dbowen7984
    dbowen7984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need help! I'm stress eating! Ive done so well up till now. the last week has been hell for me and one slip and I have spiraled into a week long free for all. I'm so discouraged. I need tips to break the cycle. I have no excuse. I'm aware of what I'm doing... Just somehow the food soothes unlike anything else. It's my drug. This sucks :(
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    dbowen7984 wrote: »
    I need help! I'm stress eating! Ive done so well up till now. the last week has been hell for me and one slip and I have spiraled into a week long free for all. I'm so discouraged. I need tips to break the cycle. I have no excuse. I'm aware of what I'm doing... Just somehow the food soothes unlike anything else. It's my drug. This sucks :(

@dbowen7984 , just start again tomorrow and don't give up! Everyone has bad days, so don't feel alone. When you feel the need to eat, eat some almonds, some fruit, or chug a bottle of water! I honestly have no cravings for unhealthy food now. You can do this! :wink:
  • modacielo73
    modacielo73 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    dbowen7984 wrote: »

STOP!.....You've come way too far to fall. ..you've already lost close to 30lbs...don't let that be for nothing. ..when you wake up tmrw you put your mind where it needs to be...on being a healthier you. ..you can do this! You know your reasons for wanting to lose the weight. ..remind yourself of them. ..don't give up. ..Tmrws a new day!
  • 2run2ski
    2run2ski Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @Danielle Hey, it's nice to see you again. 45lbs is no small feat!! Congrats! I look forward to celebrating 50 with you! You can come mow my lawn. I'll give you 100 extra calories burned.
    @HeatherLyn I hope your week is continuing to improve.
    @Archana You're always an upbeat addition to the thread! What a fantastic quote!
    @Mischel We are just in the groove with each other! I relate to everything you say!
    @Shirayne I'm with you about not trusting myself at the buffet! I also can't trust myself around those Special K crisps! Anyone else suffer the same problem? I open a bag and they are ALL mine within short order. Sigh.
    @Want2b I have lost several big posts and it makes me SO MAD!!! I find that fresh air AND exercise help to keep the mental clouds at bay. I'm glad walking is getting more and more pleasant!
    @Dbowen I posted on your newsfeed... Don't be discouraged. Read that quote that Archana posted!! It's so relevant!
    To the newest posters: glad you've found a spot that speaks to you!
  • CrystalA1984
    CrystalA1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How often does everyone weigh in? I like the larger numbers of weight loss when I wait a week or more but I'm wondering if I would benefit from weighing in maybe twice a week. Thoughts?
  • teaberry73
    teaberry73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there, feel free to add me! :) I have another 90 lbs to lose. Would definitely love the support. I initially lost 80 lbs but put 40 back on. Food (sweets!!)has been a constant battle for me. We can help motivate and support each other through this journey!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Wow, I missed one day and I'm SOOO behind on reading posts! So, welcome to all the newbies and congrats on beginning your journey. We have a super great group of people here, and there is nothing but understanding, support, and motivation here, so take advantage!

I'm with you, @2run2ski, we do jive in our thought processes!

@dbowen7984 Girl, you've got this. We all have those times, but the thing I find most helpful is to look at what I'm going to totally bomb on and serious ask myself, what is this going to fix? If it's comfort you're looking for, find a lower calorie alternative. Mine is coffee, I'll cheat to the tune of 90 extra calories, though today I broke down and ate a cookie I didn't need! But the point is, you recognize when you're slipping, so slip a little and then rein yourself in. You've proven to yourself and everyone around you that you can lose the weight, and you know as well as we do that bad times don't last. Now get back on the health wagon :wink:

@teaberry73 Nice work losing that 80lbs, and welcome back to the path :smile:

@aini110 Love the picture... I'm a coffee JUUUNNNKKKKIIIIEEEEE... lol

Anyone I missed, it wasn't intentional, but I've got to run make dinner so I'll be back for more later :::waving:::
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    @taketwo2014 I weigh in monthly because I will get neurotic watching the numbers, and I am a positive reinforcement type girl. So, weighing in once a month guarantees me a loss EVERY time... yeah yeah, it's a mind game, but it works for me! LOL
  • bloodewine
    bloodewine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Been reading everyone's posts, and congrats on all the SV and NSV! And welcome to all the newbies! Feel free to add me, we are all in this together :)

I have a huge project due at work on July 4th. Last time around, it took almost every spare bit of time I had, and this time the project is literally twice the size. Feeling guilty for the last week because I've prioritized exercise over working on it, but I think I have no choice but to start cutting back on my workout time if I'm going to finish it in time (and not finishing in time is not an option - I'll fail my residency). Any suggestions on little changes I can make that might add up to the missing workout time? Obviously, I'll have to cut back further on calorie intake, which will be hard, since I'm going to be seriously stressed.... :(
  • danielle7577
    danielle7577 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    @bloodewine Can you take quit breaks during working on your project and short hiit workouts? Or there are lots of quick 15 min workout videos.

@taketwo2014 I weigh everyday. It is frowned upon. But because I don't count calories it's my check in. So I know if I need to make adjustments.
    @2run2ski Mowing is relaxing for me for whatever reason. Lol.
  • ptkat28
    Options
    I figure I know the answer to this, but I stepped on the scale this morning and have not lost a thing :( If anyone could look at my diary and my exercise this week and tell me what they think, I would greatly appreciate it! I have been working my @$$ off this week! And have been in a calorie deficit all week long! Help please! :(
  • dbowen7984
    dbowen7984 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the words of encouragement. Gettin back in the saddle!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    @ptkat28 I think you're calories are to low... in fact I know they are. Almost every peer-reviewed major study indicates that a minimum calorie consumption for women is 1200 calories, unless you are extremely small statured and/or have a slower than normal metabolism. See if you can't get at least 1200 calories in, and in fact, it might be wise to up that to 1400 or 1500 and I'll bet you the weight will start falling off :wink:
  • ptkat28
    Options
    @MischelIM, I am just going on what MFP suggested. 1000-12000 calories a day and yes I try to make it 1000. Plus the last week to a week and a half I have really upped my exercise! I think that I do have a slow metabolism, but I am not for sure. Yes, I am relatively small in stature, I am only 5 ft tall, and I think that I am small boned, NOT SURE! LOL! But any help is greatly appreciated!!! On a side note though, I am so full eating what I am eating now!! I do not know if I can eat more than I am supposed to! I am never hungry, drink tons of water too! I am at a loss for what to do! :(
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    @ptkat28 Given your height and the fact you say you're always full, you may not need that many calories. I'm stuck if that's the case :::scratching my head:::: The only thing I can think is to either tweak your diet in some way or consider seeing a physician/nutrionist for a work up. I know a friend of mine who was incredibly tiny (4' 10") and she was diagnosed with a super slow metabolism (something to the tune of 900 calorie expenditure a day), and she had a nutritionist set up an eating plan for her so she could manage her weight. That gets expensive over time, but having yourself checked out for a baseline would be a worthwhile expense, and probably far less frustrating that figuring it out yourself :smile: I wish I couldn't helped more!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

My apologies for not being around. My lack of sleep last week has caught up to me and I"m tired, and sick and it has caused my eating habits to deteriorate.

@dbowen7984: I feel your pain! It's been a really rough 3 days and as some of you might have noticed, my diary is blank. UGH! I refuse to get on a scale this weekend! I am going to the grocery store today and I'm loading up on healthy stuff again! :)

@ptkat28: I love MischelM's suggestion about a nutrition. I consulted one the first time I lost weight and learned some really neat stuff about food and what works with my body and what doesn't. It may be worth while for you to look into this. :) Just don't give up on me!
  • snowiebuggie
    snowiebuggie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I feel you I managed to lose 40lbs last year only to gain it back I am giving it a second try and so far have done rather well with exception of this last week for some reason. I am always up for making need friends a girl needs all the support she can get. so feel free to add me if you.
  • ptkat28
    Options
    Hi all!!! My worry was for nothing, and I am sorry that I even posted! I got up this morning and was down 3lbs!!!! That makes it a total of 28 lbs in 8 weeks! Thank you all so much for the support and info!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Options
    ptkat28 wrote: »
    Hi all!!! My worry was for nothing, and I am sorry that I even posted! I got up this morning and was down 3lbs!!!! That makes it a total of 28 lbs in 8 weeks! Thank you all so much for the support and info!

Woop!!! WOOP!!!! WAY TO GO!!!
  • ptkat28
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks a lot @MischelIM . Just got done doing 1 hr and 40 min of Just Dance!!! I love burning calories dancing!! :smiley: