Eating chinese food or big burgers every day for lunch

Eating too many baked goods every night

Too big of portions

Not showing respect for my partner

Huh? Care to explain that last one?
  • 89Madeline
    89Madeline Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Beer and alcohol in general during university. Plus just thinking I could eat everything I wanted to. Lots of cheese and carbs with dinner, plain white bread with peanut butter for breakfast, a snickers around lunch time, crisps with a movie... et cetera, et cetera... lol
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I gained weight from not moving enough and eating too much food (i.e. eating too many sweets, eating out too much, eating too often). I didn't start getting serious about what it actually takes to not only lose weight, but to be fit, until this year in Feb. It's going to be a lifelong journey, I've resolved to believe because I want this to be long-term.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Potato chips and fast food. I would eat a big bag of chips every night after supper all by myself and oh did I mention a bag of cheezies and a cappuccino for breakfast every morning
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eating out of boredom. Eating bc I was soooo hungry when I was pregnant and when I was breast feeding.
  • ShareenaFulton
    ShareenaFulton Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Me. I definitely made me fat.
  • vinerie
    vinerie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Eating out nearly every meal. I gained about 13 lbs in a year. I gain weight whenever I eat out more. Even eating 2 meals a day diss not cut down on calories. I could blame eating unhealthy food too, but it's really the calories in the end. It's much easier being a normal weight when I make all my meals at home especially from scratch.

Eating out regularly was a real problem for me, too.
  • Addiewe
    Addiewe Posts: 65 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wendy's, Taco Bell, Burger King, McDonald's, KFC, Checker's, Arby's, Subway, Blimpie's, 5-Guys, Sonic, Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, Dominoes, Hungry Howie's.... Fast food every day, sometimes twice a day.

That and all the soda I could drink all day, every day.

I was a skinny kid and a healthy young adult. I got depressed about 8-9 years ago, and just became numb to what I put in my mouth. I also stopped doing any sort of additional physical exercise. Knew I was fat, stopped caring.
  • anbtjp
    anbtjp Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    alcohol...drinking every night...and quitting my job where I was on my feet all day; now I do no type of movement all day.
  • vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have always been extremely active but finally started eating less and slowly lost weight through 2014. In February 2015 I decided to eat what and how much I wanted for a week just to see what happen "when left to my own devices" lol
    I logged everything and ended up 12,000 cal over goal for week. Sure I was eating more than I problably would overtime becaise I knew it was just for that week but my goodness! 3500 and 4000 cal days are nothing for me. Put that in with a 2500-3300 TDEE and duh. No wonder I've never been at a average BMI (ever, even as child) So long story short I was fat because I overate and you can't out train overeating.
    Plus my favorite food is Pizza....
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was a pretty small kid until I was in middle school. My uncle lived with us and spoiled me with junk food. I was drinking about 2 liters of soda a day plus all the candy that he was giving me. On top of that my mom would by us a bunch of junk when she went grocery shopping and she wasn't really monitoring what we ate at the time, so I would drink as little water as I could and as much pop and juice as I could. It progressed from there.
  • toriraeh
    toriraeh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Meds led to a huge and sharp gain, then lifestyle aggravated it

Same for me. I never realized that my meds helped me put on about 50lbs until my doc pointed it out, three years or so later. Granted, I ate like crap, but I literally put on about 40 lbs in a year. He changed my meds and within six months, without really changing my diet at all, I dropped 25lbs. Gained 15 back through eating like crap again and now I'm happily the lowest I've been in about 6 years. Still have about 25lbs to go, but I'm quite happy now. And I even had Mac and cheese for dinner and pizza for lunch :)
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Sweets. And my husband :p No but seriously after leaving a very active job for a desk job years ago I never changed my eating habits.
    So I ate like I was still at the active job.

Along with that I indulged in stuff I didn't eat earlier on in my life (I told myself I deserved it for being a responsible adult).

Every time I started a wait loss journey it was all or nothing. I would jump straight into intense 2-5 hours of working out a day And only eating healthy small meals. I didn't track them but they were most definitely too few calories.

When I would fail, because oh yes I would fail, I always piled on what I loss plus some. That was until I dieted my way up to the weight I was when I started here a month ago!
  • Malasaurus
    Malasaurus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My parents allowed me to request McDonalds for dinner every night and never eat vegetables. I became an overweight child, then an even more overweight teen... then I evened out in my mid-teens but it's been a process to stop eating the large portions I grew up on and to replace high calorie treats and meals with variety.
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Flab2Fab27 wrote: »
    Thought this said "what made you fart "... Never mind, then.
    Fiber one bars....every time. I blame it on the cat. :o
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Laziness and getting out of the exercise habit. Early in marriage I indulged in too much of what we liked and not enough of what would be healthy to eat. Less activity and more carb and fat laden food made me fat. Now I'm constantly yoyoing trying to correct a lifetime of poor choices.
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Me.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Not being aware that all the little stuff can add up to a large number!
  • lalangela
    lalangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Chemotherapy. I was within 5 pounds of my goal, one pant size, and cancer struck. The steroids they put me on caused my to pack on 45 pounds. It's been a battle, but 16 months after treatment ended, I'm finally losing weight again!