Anti inflammatory diet

Options
13»

Replies

• mianineteen87
    mianineteen87 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    That's not an anti-inflammatory diet. This is an anti-inflammatory diet.

http://www.ibsdiets.org/fodmap-diet/fodmap-food-list/

Note that the forbidden/preferred foods are completely different.

You may want to check out individual foods in that book of yours against the data on Nutrition Facts.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2682/2

The idea that plants in the nightshade family are "bad for you" is an urban legend which refuses to die. Which makes me suspicious of your entire list.

Your list is just more in depth, thanks for that. My list was a primitive list, based on my specifics.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking what were you healing?

I'm kind of a mess. I have been diagnosed with CFS, Fibromyalgia, Hashi's, Graves, adrenal insufficiency, Celiac, and a few other things. So basically I was trying to heal the fact that my body had decided to attack itself and stop working right. I'm mostly in functional shape now, but almost all of that is due to dietary changes I made.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OP, how much fat are you getting in your diet? I know several people who have had skin issues due to inadequate amounts of fat. And since fat helps regulate hormones, increasing fats can improve overall skin condition.
  • CynSearly
    CynSearly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Acne is caused primarily by hormones. I recommend that you see an endocrinologist.

Changes in your diet will change the quality and texture of your skin, but not your propensity to have a bacterial infection.

Also, exfoliate more, use a toner, and moisturize with a lotion that is right for your skin.
  • mianineteen87
    Options
    CynSearly wrote: »
    Acne is caused primarily by hormones. I recommend that you see an endocrinologist.

Changes in your diet will change the quality and texture of your skin, but not your propensity to have a bacterial infection.

Also, exfoliate more, use a toner, and moisturize with a lotion that is right for your skin.

Thank you for your response. Yes I have seen an Endo. Done it all! I use the eminence line with topical creams at night. Aveda refiner. I am pretty set with my skin care routine. I am on the second full day of my diet, and overall I feel very positive about it.
  • usernameenvy
    usernameenvy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Have you tried coconut oil on your skin? Coconut oil has many great uses and has antibacterial properties, worth a try id say
  • mianineteen87
    Options
    Have you tried coconut oil on your skin? Coconut oil has many great uses and has antibacterial properties, worth a try id say

Yes I have, there's so much out there. It is amazing. I have a jar in the bathroom and kitchen. I even use it on my hair as a deep condition. (:
  • drakeshattuck
    drakeshattuck Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love the food lists. It pretty much reads Whole foods are anti inflammatory and processed food is pro inflammatory. I don't see how you could lose sticking to whole foods of all types. Start cooking your own meals using whole foods. I laugh every time I go to "Whole Foods" store because so little of what they sell is whole food. They have good bulk selection and meats that are not injected with saline solutions etc.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    OP, how much fat are you getting in your diet? I know several people who have had skin issues due to inadequate amounts of fat. And since fat helps regulate hormones, increasing fats can improve overall skin condition.

Going to bump this in case you didn't see it.

• gogoellen
    gogoellen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been following the AIP (autoimmune protocol) "diet" for 7 months. I had one month of too many going off program and definitely had a "flare". It was when I noticed that a bad flare seemed to coincide with what I was eating that I began researching diets. (I have rheumatoid disease) I just had my physical and my very unhealthy cholesterol levels were now "fantastic!" (I eat a lot of fat daily) My last visit with my rheumatologist she said (as she examined my lab work), "What ever you are doing....keep doing it!!!" I would encourage anyone with autoimmune issues to give this way of eating a try! I love it (but it takes some getting use to!!)